Extinction Rebellion

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

And if you've ever compared the smell of composted nettles with cow manure? About the same. The damned hound, aka Lucifer, loves to roll in any spillage.

Everyone can have their own bomb maker thingy? Neighbourhood coop for plasma weapons?
Word.
*ming the merciless laugh*
And people will also use it for art. Make an art display that harnesses light and turns it into variations of Bach. Sprinkle a sidewalk with evolving smart dust that will change the colours of shoe soles a la pea plant genetics. And so forth.
The power to build is also the power to destroy.
Cory Doctoraw has some pretty nifty stories. One I recall takes place in a Post Scarcity Toronto :3

Face it IW. You are surrounded by imbeciles!

Thank g_odness I wasnt drinking milk there :3

The reason why I dont drink alcohol very often is I dont like feeling stupider than I already am

I riff
Have a magpie mind
(Not to mention alcohol being type 1 carcinogen...talk aboot risks and costs...)
#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Last edited:
Fusion is the way to go. Fission reactors, unfortunately, even the best, produce radioactive waste, in too much of a volume, to safely store, especially with huge problems due to rising water levels.
And I thought Fukushima, Japan, in 2011, taught us (it should have) about the dangers of Fission reactors in quake zones.

Face it IW. You are surrounded by imbeciles!

Such is the secular force ...

Then if we consider the French have been running a Breeder Reactor for a long time to burn up nuclear wastes from other states. Stella's ... sort of like setting a watchman! Tyrants don;t like to be looked upon ...

There are ways to handle the ash from this ... but you are not allowed to speak of it for fear of offending the oil powers ... greasy Texans, etc. Thus the Lard R'Cis down under ... to the soude in other words ... pork belly idioms?

What's LAR'd ... something to burn outside in one aulde text ... as it makes candles smoke ...

IW stated: The reason why I don't drink alcohol very often is I dont like feeling stupider than I already am.

Yet I try as I attempt to conform to the status quo .. a satyr of the Harry R's metaphor as evolving? A searcher looking for the way to go to get out of presence of glowing tyranny ... they favour avarice ... controlling things unknown ... the Hebrews went into the arid zones looking for the unknown idealism ... and they are still going concern as poorly understood! A God-like inquiry?

Should avirice be contained by latter folks that haven't learned much as yet? Could the flattery reduce their hubris? Something to Try and Judge as that judicial Mr Bean ... trading a cow for beans ... crazy way to raise a beef in parliament ... it jumped ...

And if you've ever compared the smell of composted nettles with cow manure? About the same. The damned hound, aka Lucifer, loves to roll in any spillage.

Sounds lovely

Huge solution. Compost teas from plants that produce the required nutrients. Composted nettles, for green growth. Composted comfrey, for flowers.

Mmm :3
How long can you do that for b4 you need to buy Phosphorous?
Do you know if it is scalable for us teeming billions?

And I thought Fukushima, Japan, in 2011, taught us (it should have) about the dangers of Fission reactors in quake zones.
Yeah poor them. Survived the earthquake but sunk by flooding...
Too bad Japan is where it is; it has to import its staples. One of the natural inequalities caused by geography and history that we human beings get to wrassle with

We r going to have to also figure out how to protect our electrical grid against CMEs and protect us from asteroids and comets. So many puzzles that reality has given us :3

(Personally looking forward to fossil fuels in space. No CCC at all then. And turning comets (CHON) into food)

Eventually we here in Cascadia will find out just how riskystupid it is to live here...oh humanity...hopefully WC2 wont b doing a thread on that

*a dull thud...then everything darkens as if in an eclipse...looking up a new mountain has eclipsed the sun...all of Van Island has tipped and is sinking beneath the NA plate* gibber ah ah ah

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Last edited:
How long can you do that for b4 you need to buy Phosphorous?

Lots of natural sources for Phosphorus: "Besides human urine, there are many naturally occurring sources of phosphorus that can be used in the garden, including bat guano (or feces), bone meal, crab and shrimp waste, burned cucumber skins, hair and mushroom compost. ". I put bone meal in the bottom of every hole I dig to plant a plant, and I think that keeps my soil phosphorus levels up.

Do you know if it is scalable for us teeming billions?

The agricultural revolution was accomplished without petroleum based fertilizers, so I'd think yes.

I can see England becoming the Nettle Compost Tea producer to the world. I've never seen such a country for nettles.

Lots of natural sources for Phosphorus: "Besides human urine, there are many naturally occurring sources of phosphorus that can be used in the garden, including bat guano (or feces), bone meal, crab and shrimp waste, burned cucumber skins, hair and mushroom compost. ". I put bone meal in the bottom of every hole I dig to plant a plant, and I think that keeps my soil phosphorus levels up.

The agricultural revolution was accomplished without petroleum based fertilizers, so I'd think yes.

I can see England becoming the Nettle Compost Tea producer to the world. I've never seen such a country for nettles.

Doesn't that net all in the English spin? Then cemeteries are fertile places for the spirit of phosphates ... vales of the bones ... narratives may rise!

Thankee. Do you know where this Phosphorus in guano and bones comes from?
How often do you have to fertilize?

Yeah the AGR certainly was a big change...so big it is enshrined in Cain and Able mythos...

I always suspect...like how much manual labour is involved in growing crops compared to our modern methods using fossil fuel fertilizer? And are crops (like corn and wheat) really bad for the soil as opposed to planting periennials (like our praries)?
Or I look at ME...and wonder where the rich agricultural soil is at? Did ancient peoplez abuse it?

I'm ignorant as to this aspect of life. I regard you as an expert :3

Re nettles: do you know of any nettle recpies of your childhood that would incorporare meat? Or nettle and mash? Should the nettle be on the UK flag?

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

I eat the first nettles in the spring. Treat them as first greens, to slightly saute with a bit of garlic, and then usually incorporate into "beans and greens" white kidney beans simmered with bay leaf and peppercorns.

Some things, it turns out, are bad ideas. Constant tilling is one. Brings up more weed seeds, encourages vining weeds.

I'm no expert; I just know some. One of my fav old church ladies is a semi-retired market gardener, from an OLD Oro-Medonte family; her gardens blow me away.

I eat the first nettles in the spring. Treat them as first greens, to slightly saute with a bit of garlic, and then usually incorporate into "beans and greens" white kidney beans simmered with bay leaf and peppercorns.

Some things, it turns out, are bad ideas. Constant tilling is one. Brings up more weed seeds, encourages vining weeds.

I'm no expert; I just know some. One of my fav old church ladies is a semi-retired market gardener, from an OLD Oro-Medonte family; her gardens blow me away.

I would suspect that agriculture pretty much rapes and razes the land? Clearing off the native plants, murdering all the animals and insects and soil denizens that live there so the farmer can grow their particular crop? I dunno. Just a suspicion.

I always wonder when "weed" became a thing. I wonder what indiginous people call weeds?

There are neighbourhoods in Portland and her sister city Vancouver that I like walking through because everyone seems to be some sort of gardener. Walking on a summer night, cant help smelling the flowers and greeted every so often by a cat. Bliss.

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

I would suspect that agriculture pretty much rapes and razes the land? Clearing off the native plants, murdering all the animals and insects and soil denizens that live there so the farmer can grow their particular crop? I dunno. Just a suspicion.

That's mono-culture, which comprises much of modern agriculture. There's lots of corners of sustainable, organic agriculture.

It's not "rapes and razes" as much as: excessive tilling, which exposes the soil micro-organisms and kills many of them; petroleum based fertilizers, which suppress natural fungus like feeding systems; excessively-large fields, which provide no corridors for wildlife; poor crop rotation; treated seeds, etc.

And weeds? North America's favourite weed, the dandelion, was imported from Italy in the 19th century as a pot herb, a valued vegetable.

Back