Expansion of MAID delayed until after next election

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Metaphysics has to do with the study of existent cognizance ... many deny it ... and thus lost their golden touch with virtue beyond the norms of vast corruptive power! Few grasp such etudes ... even Caesar declared ET ÐU and shore enough the dude was there with a stab ... the stake was placed ...

Expect rib en's ... cause this man was bringing order to the LAN's ... some say lance, some say Lensed ... and then Land's End where the races are at Cowes!

Over the Moen???? You bet-Ah!

I would describe life today as interesting but not fun
I grok, I grok

A lot of it seems tied to, at least with me, how I feel atm?

I have survived my wife's death and my uber anxiety aboot dying, so...

Also my experiences with pow wows and my bro's experiences with his people, the Americans in S & Central America and Mexico. So many don't have much, are dirt poor, and they are wonderful, hospitable, etc

Too much unfortunately I find of news in USA &Canada promotes FEAR AND ANXIETY I find...

It still amazes me how USAians for a long time were able to maintain their optimism despite having 24/7 news fear violence diet lol

An amazing people in an amazing human experiment

I grok, I grok

A lot of it seems tied to, at least with me, how I feel atm?

I have survived my wife's death and my uber anxiety aboot dying, so...

Also my experiences with pow wows and my bro's experiences with his people, the Americans in S & Central America and Mexico. So many don't have much, are dirt poor, and they are wonderful, hospitable, etc

Too much unfortunately I find of news in USA &Canada promotes FEAR AND ANXIETY I find...

It still amazes me how USAians for a long time were able to maintain their optimism despite having 24/7 news fear violence diet lol

An amazing people in an amazing human experiment

People do fear news with a violent NU (an old expression for par an oyah)! Thus Phoebe shows her head ... hedon i stick? Pleasure for who ... like watching Amman fall from his tree?

Worms do recover all that gets to ground of being ... bottom lions? Bitty things ...

That's disgusting. Preventing bedsores is or was basic nursing care. My mother who was a nurse would have been horrified.

That's disgusting. Preventing bedsores is or was basic nursing care. My mother who was a nurse would have been horrified.
The problem is that you can’t really turn someone on a stretcher, especially if they are a bit bigger. Patients are not supposed to live on stretchers for days, definitely nobody who is paralyzed, but anybody with a risk for bedsores needs to be identified and put on beds and/ or on special mattresses even in the ER. Took a while, but our hospital has it pretty well figured out and OT plays a major role in assessing pts and making sure protocol is followed.

There are some mistakes in the cbc article- for example, a pressure sore can happen in two hours, not just in 24 hrs. Of course, it takes a bit longer to get this severe. I am also wondering if there were some other factors not mentioned that led to him asking for MAID. Even a stage 4 ulcer could be healed, but would take a long time, and would mean significant reduction in quality of life ( like only sit up for an hour a day). But he seemed to have a loving family…

The complaint is being escalated up the chain. This should never have happened. It’s awful. Our systems are failing.

Bedsores could happen to anyone even with a temporary injury. I remember having sore pressure spots on my heels and backside in hospital that didn’t quite turn into open sores but I then really knew what bedsores meant - and that they were a risk.

The complaint is being escalated up the chain. This should never have happened. It’s awful. Our systems are failing.

Bedsores could happen to anyone even with a temporary injury. I remember having sore pressure spots on my heels and backside in hospital that didn’t quite turn into open sores but I then really knew what bedsores meant - and that they were a risk.

His wife is calling for an independent inquiry.

Remember MAiD could also leave traumatic emotional wounds to loved ones. Ripples of mental health break-down and health decline in people left behind in shock and loneliness (and then guess what policy will be there in a couple more years to snare those who can’t cope?) We don’t live in our own vacuums.

I would be enraged and utterly dismayed if I was her. She has every right to be upset. I’m glad she has the wherewithal to call for an inquiry and - I think - lawyers on her side.

Last edited:
His wife is calling for an independent inquiry.

Remember MAiD could also leave traumatic emotional wounds to loved ones. Ripples of mental health break-down and health decline in people left behind in shock and loneliness (and then guess what policy will be there in a couple more years to snare those who can’t cope?) We don’t live in our own vacuums.

I would be enraged and utterly dismayed if I was her. She has every right to be upset. I’m glad she has the wherewithal to call for an inquiry and - I think - lawyers on her side.

Who causes such disturbances, stress, hormones and Zits there doing nothing ... real people! The abstract are an ideal that is beyond reality considering their jobs and responsibilities! We could almost say we are our own worst enemy ... but silence is demanded on the subject ... thus black spots in our comprehension ... parallels' to gestalt ... inky mysteries until one becomes familiar with SELF! Self is spontaneously illuminating! In a flash it is gone ...

Does this go back to too many medical people being close to exhaustion at work or just the personality of the nurses involved? Racism, classism, and ableism can be factors in the provision of medical care.

Does this go back to too many medical people being close to exhaustion at work or just the personality of the nurses involved? Racism, classism, and ableism can be factors in the provision of medical care.
AND/OR iIt possibly could be some kind of Trauma as well? These past few years and all of these insults...

AND/OR covid syndrome and its effect on dumbing people could be an affect as well?

AND/Or the encouragement of hatred of various groups of people lately?

AND/Or Spirit People influence?

AND/OR followers of St. Malthus who want billions to die?

AND/OR our incentives and metaphysics and health care modality (egwe are machines made of meat) don't work

AND/OR We are going clinically insane

Who knows? Without actual scientific data...*whistles*

We are living in bizarroworld lol

(Tho I enjoy tales of places outside this teeny provincial country of the wonderful people etc)

Last edited:
Either way, any person can figure oot "better" ways to suicide. All that info is at our fingertips. Which I never advocate for. We aren't going to prevent people from suiciding.

Back