Covid 19 Vaccine

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I'm waiting out my fifteen minutes post vaccine. We'll see how it goes. I had to stand in line for an hour or so. They changed the process when they realized the walk-in line was getting jammed up.

I'm waiting out my fifteen minutes post vaccine. We'll see how it goes. I had to stand in line for an hour or so. They changed the process when they realized the walk-in line was getting jammed up.
Pharmacy here I hsd a short wait just due to processing info - I walked in after calling last week to see about an appointment/vaccine availability.
There were 2 others who had already been vaccinated waiting for the 15 minutes, not sure if it was flu or covid. No one came in after me.

The health authorities are doing the vaccines here. I don't know if the pharmacies are anymore. The clinics are set up in community rec centres and similar facilities

I was looking at the Ontario government document on third shots and the list is pretty limited still. Since most are people receiving particular treatments or having particular conditions, the arrangements are being made through their programs. E.g. longterm care residents are getting theirs inhouse or using mobile clinics, cancer patients are being contacted by their treatment centre about where to go, and so on. Pharmacies and public health clinics like the Agriplex seem to still be concentrating on first and second shots, though with the uptake around here now, there's probably not many of those happening anymore. Once you get past 80%, I suspect you're up against the % who can't take it and the % who stubbornly won't and the number vaccinated won't budge much further until it is cleared for children.

I was looking at the Ontario government document on third shots and the list is pretty limited still. Since most are people receiving particular treatments or having particular conditions, the arrangements are being made through their programs. E.g. longterm care residents are getting theirs inhouse or using mobile clinics, cancer patients are being contacted by their treatment centre about where to go, and so on. Pharmacies and public health clinics like the Agriplex seem to still be concentrating on first and second shots, though with the uptake around here now, there's probably not many of those happening anymore. Once you get past 80%, I suspect you're up against the % who can't take it and the % who stubbornly won't and the number vaccinated won't budge much further until it is cleared for children.
Steroids qualify here, that got thrown into the criteria a bit later. They also opened it up for travel so people who mix and matched with AZ are allowed a 2nd mRNA dose. I'm unsure if they opened it up for mix and match in general later, I think most places are allowing 1 Pfizer and 1 Moderna as being fully vaccinated. I was asked today if I was getting the 3rd dose for travel, and I'm too young to have gotten AZ.

When they first opened it up for immunocompromised it was very unclear, there were lists of what qualified people, but it wasn't exhaustive, which is why I ended up talking to multiple doctors some of whom were unsure.

Now it's also open for 75+ and First Nations 65+ but they need to wait a minimum of 6 months since their 2nd dose, not just 8 weeks. Many would be close though, I'm at 4.5 months, and they could have accessed their 1st and 2nd earlier than me.

@Northwind how are you feeling?
I have a lump at the site although no redness. Shoulder hurts to move, back on that side feels stiff, hip is maybe slightly affected, hard to say if that's the shot, it's mild and not out of the ordinary for me but it is the injection side.

A bit nauseated but hungry. I slept right away after dinner.

@Northwind how are you feeling?
I have a lump at the site although no redness. Shoulder hurts to move, back on that side feels stiff, hip is maybe slightly affected, hard to say if that's the shot, it's mild and not out of the ordinary for me but it is the injection side.

A bit nauseated but hungry. I slept right away after dinner.

I'm tired. My arm is okay so far. It was a long day for me. I had bloodwork then stood in line for over an hour then went to the laundromat. Ask me again tomorrow. :)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calg...e-after-near-death-covid-experience-1.6191736 Man from Calgary

Husband and wife from Edson Former anti-vax Edson woman shares husband's COVID-19 ICU horror story

Man with MS Another COVID-19 horror story aims to sway the unvaccinated. Will it?

The dead woman can't speak, but her sister can.

@Mrs.Anteater or for anyone where these stories may help convince people to get vaccinated.

Last edited:
Alas; as some folk prefer stoned approaches to intellectual matters ... thus the immaterial is fixed in an eliminated spot ... kind 've out there and those curious may have to go and search in the weirdest kind of dimension or space ...

I posted the three articles on my facebook page , anybody can explain why they didn’t show up on the newsfeed?
Everyone's newsfeed looks different. If you interact a lot with a friend their stuff is more likely to appear there.

Can someone explain to me, why they are saying that there are more breakthrough infections because there are more people vaccinated? First, they noticed something like a few percent (2%?) or breakthrough infections, now I saw in Germany it’s up to 10%- and they are saying that’s because more people are vaccinated.
I don’t see any logic behind that- if vaccinations prevent infections, they should be preventing them no matter how many others are vaccinated, or even more if more people are vaccinated then there would be less exposure so cases should get less . It was also said it reduced the chance of getting into ICU- but the amount of breakthroughs in ICU in Germany is increasing.

Can someone explain to me, why they are saying that there are more breakthrough infections because there are more people vaccinated? First, they noticed something like a few percent (2%?) or breakthrough infections, now I saw in Germany it’s up to 10%- and they are saying that’s because more people are vaccinated.
I don’t see any logic behind that- if vaccinations prevent infections, they should be preventing them no matter how many others are vaccinated, or even more if more people are vaccinated then there would be less exposure so cases should get less . It was also said it reduced the chance of getting into ICU- but the amount of breakthroughs in ICU in Germany is increasing.
If only 0.1% of the population is vaccinated at most you can have 0.1% of the population with breakthrough infections if all of them get sick. Ditto for 80%. When comparing how many positive covid people are vaccinated, in the first case it would be very low, in the 2nd higher.

The thing to watch more for is the RATE WITHIN the vaccinated population - that probably hasn't changed drastically although the variants seem to have increased that a bit. There are some factors to consider there, like who is vaccinated ie. Elderly people and immunocompromised aren't going to be the same as young, healthy people. Obviously the overall amount will also factor in, on the East coast is going to be a lower rate than here.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sabear, 30, says he believed false info he saw on social media. “That&#39;s why I never got the vaccine. I was scared.” Then he landed in the ICU w/ COVID-19. “I want to tell people that having COVID is probably the scariest thing you&#39;ll go through. It&#39;s not a joke. Get the vaccine.” <a href="https://t.co/L78tH6x0Xb">pic.twitter.com/L78tH6x0Xb</a></p>&mdash; Alberta Health Services (@AHS_media) <a href=" ">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back