Covid 19 Vaccine

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

World population, 1918 - 1.8 billion
World population, 2021 - 7.9 billion
Plus add in age too. The deaths are mostly still of the elderly. The flu seemed to affect young adults strongly plus there weren't as many 80+ year olds then. There's also mortality from ither things to consider too. Ie. The baseline death rate may have been higher then than now, although I'm speculating on that.

Plus add in age too. The deaths are mostly still of the elderly. The flu seemed to affect young adults strongly plus there weren't as many 80+ year olds then. There's also mortality from ither things to consider too. Ie. The baseline death rate may have been higher then than now, although I'm speculating on that.

This comment seems to diminish the impact of covid. To some degree we're comparing apples to oranges here on many levels.

I am wondering if people were somewhat malnourished in 1918/1919, having had gone through the war. Today, people are “ malnourished” in a different sense, with diabetes and obesity.

Of course the Spanish flu seemed to come to an end with only masks and distancing....at times...no vaccines and no antivirals or antibiotics. It did affect the young more.

This comment seems to diminish the impact of covid. To some degree we're comparing apples to oranges here on many levels.
It's not to diminish it. But as far as mortality rates go with diseases, for a pandemic we did get 'lcuky' in some ways. It doesn't have the mortality rate of SARS. I am concerned about long term effects, but measles caused a long of long term issues too.
The big difference is where we are healthwise. Our general baseline has been raised. COVID is having a huge impact on our current health, as well as healthcare system.
When smallpox was rampant I doubt it had the same impact on those waiting for surgery for example.

As usual the elderly (old, young, unaware, etc.) escape note and notice ... thus gone in a flash!

Innate formation as it goes down ...

NS has announced that all healthcare, longterm care, ambulance staff has to be fully vaccinated by end of November. How is that in other provinces- I haven’t heard that anybody included schools in that yet?

Since the UCP is just allowed everything to burn, some school boards are stepping up. Unfortunately this is way more needed in rural areas and I don't think the boards will implement such policies.

Since the UCP is just allowed everything to burn, some school boards are stepping up. Unfortunately this is way more needed in rural areas and I don't think the boards will implement such policies.
Isn’t education and health a matter of the province? How come they are leaving the decision to individual school boards. And there is no logic to it other than trying to make people vaccinate, if the unvaccinated for medical reasons don’t have to be tested on a regular basis, but the anti vaxxers have to.

If they are against education is that con federated or pro federated?

Chaos continues indefinitely for those determined against IT! Then some determinates never indicate which way they're gone ...

Isn’t education and health a matter of the province? How come they are leaving the decision to individual school boards. And there is no logic to it other than trying to make people vaccinate, if the unvaccinated for medical reasons don’t have to be tested on a regular basis, but the anti vaxxers have to.
Kenney isn't exactly pro public sbhools either.

Depends on the province. Education is a provincial responsibility under the Constitution but some provinces, e.g. Ontario, have delegated the day-to-day operation of the system to local school boards and in some cases, it might take amending regulations or legislation to do what you suggest.

Similar to how public health is delegated to local health units in Ontario. In the case of COVID, there was a confusing variation in how those health units responded so the province took over to make things uniform across the province. That was done through empowering legislation.

Not to say that it should not be happening at the provincial level. In fact, I would argue it should. But provincial control over the day-to-day operation of schools is not the default in Ontario.

(Of course, they then promptly created confusion by constantly tweaking the rules, having different rules for different regions that did not always reflect the local reality in those regions, and so on. But that's another whole issue.)

Depends on the province. Education is a provincial responsibility under the Constitution but some provinces, e.g. Ontario, have delegated the day-to-day operation of the system to local school boards and in some cases, it might take amending regulations or legislation to do what you suggest.

Similar to how public health is delegated to local health boards. In the case of COVID, there was a confusing variation in how those health units responded so the province took over to make things uniform across the province. That was done through empowering legislation.

(Of course, they then promptly created confusion by constantly tweaking the rules, having different rules for different regions that did not always reflect the local reality in those regions, and so on. But that's another whole issue.)

And serves to baffle and confuse as the best way to keep the populace from thinking sufficiently to know what is really going on in the dark ...

Ugh so it's really smoky here from a fire in SK. I was planning on getting vaccinated tomorrow due to timing with meds. Now I don't know if I will AND eligibility opens up tomorrow which was only announced today, so I'm concerned about how easy I can access it without a wait list now.

Back