Conspiracies, What Are They ?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Voice of America (VOA) is a U.S.[1] multimedia agency which serves as the United States government institution for non-military, external broadcasting. It is the largest U.S. international broadcaster. VOA produces digital, TV, and radio content in 47 languages which it distributes to affiliate stations around the globe. It is primarily viewed by foreign audiences, so VOA programming has an influence on public opinion abroad regarding the United States and its people.[2]

VOA was established in 1942,[1] and the VOA charter (Public Laws 94-350 and 103-415)[3] was signed into law in 1976 by President Gerald Ford.

VOA is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and overseen by the U.S. Agency for Global Media, an independent agency of the U.S. government.[4] Funds are appropriated annually by Congress under the budget for embassies and consulates. In 2016, VOA broadcast an estimated 1,800 hours of radio and TV programming each week to approximately 236.6 million people worldwide with about 1,050 employees and a taxpayer-funded annual budget of US$218.5 million.[2][5]

Some commentators consider Voice of America to be a form of propaganda.[6][7] However, VOA's Best Practices Guide claims that "The accuracy, quality and credibility of the Voice of America are its most important assets, and they rest on the audiences’ perception of VOA as an objective and reliable source of U.S., regional and world news and information."[8][third-party source needed] Surveys show that 84% of VOA's audiences say they trust VOA to provide accurate and reliable information, and a similar percentage (84%) say that VOA helps them understand current events relevant to their lives.[9][third-party source needed]

In response to the request of the United States Department of Justice that RT register as a foreign agent under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, Russia's Justice Ministry labeled Voice of America and Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty as foreign agents in December 2017.[10][11]

In response to the request of the United States Department of Justice that RT register as a foreign agent under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, Russia's Justice Ministry labeled Voice of America and Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty as foreign agents in December 2017.[10][11]

None of that necessarily makes VOA or Radio Free Europe automatically just as bad or “disinformative” as RT. It just means the Russian public will probably have less free access to it. Besides, it looks like Trump is trying to change that label. Which would be in Putin’s hegemonic interest. It’s scary. Putin is a former KGB top brass. Why you think he’s not dangerous or corrupt or conniving, or authoritarian, or any more honest than the present US heads of state, is puzzling to me. There is a deep state....Trump and his cronies are it, they’re operating in plain sight, and they’d like you to blame the dems and liberals for that. They’re gaslighting the public to the best of their ability. “Nothing credible to see from those ‘liberal sources’” ...So, if you would please, go back to supporting RT. They want you to. *sarcasm*

Last edited:
You may not like the US behaving as it does. I highly doubt you’d rather they behave toward their citizens, more like Russia does @Ritafee (as someone who doesn’t like too many government rules and being told by authority how to live, or spying on citizens, or economic corruption, or bigotry and prejudice, or police brutality - Russia is worse.) ... and that’s the direction it appears that the “deep state” is moving in at the moment.

Last edited:
There are only two things that count in the great illusion ... the cognates that allow intelligence and caring (calm-passion)?

If these rather indeterminate attributes fuse ... a further attribute called Sophia could incante in the anthropomorphism ... being the state of psyche I've described but poorly defined is rather dark and formless (mystery) ... most folks with extant urge to succeed will deny the aspect of psyche ... thus it splits and goes always ... and our physical bean is all that remains given the demiurge of degradation and reformation of the flawed and imperfect points of "mind".

It all remains as a clouded time ... with an orange glow and turning slow as clockwork! That's; Saul or sol ... a singular pyre overhead ... an AD on! Under the trees many are working to avoid truth with partisan stories of the underground ... as in For Whom the Belle Tolls ... and then she's gotcha ...

In lack of truth folk search out the lore 've a good myth as bottom lyon ... beat down by the jawbone of an R's ... those with powerful BS in illusions ... thus chit bugs!

Is gross offence a particularly good defense against our siblings to allow improved aggression!

It appears in an offensive perspective that powers in US have defeated covid concerns (sometimes known as worries and cautions that powers say should be denied ... given the layers of complexity are beyond the simple protocol!

Thus ... we probably live in chaos ... an Eris'n state of psyche ... reciprocation? Sometimes projected as inversion ... but powers state we shouldn't project!

Rejecting certain information does not mean there's a lack of investigating. On the contrary, it's often evidence of having investigated and of considering the information found.

Rejecting certain information does not mean there's a lack of investigating. On the contrary, it's often evidence of having investigated and of considering the information found.
Consider this:

Canada Day comes this year amid inflamed conversations surrounding police brutality against Indigenous communities, recent protests by the Wet’suwet’en Nation against pipelines, and accusations of systemic racism in health-care system in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Many say celebrations including Canada Day, Victoria Day and St-Jean-Baptiste Day are symbols of colonialism.

“We have many names for our sacred lands and Canada is not one of them,” says a video posted to the Idle No More Facebook page. “We don’t celebrate Canada Day for the same reason we don’t celebrate the Holocaust. Look at all we lost for Canada to become what it is.”

@Ritafee you present this information as if it is new to us here. Are you under the assumption there is blind celebration of Canada Day here? Even if it is celebrated, do you think it is done without some dissonance considering our colonial history and identity.

I am wondering why you felt the need to link that information with my comment about rejecting information. It makes no sense unless you are making assumptions about me.

@Ritafee you present this information as if it is new to us here. Are you under the assumption there is blind celebration of Canada Day here? Even if it is celebrated, do you think it is done without some dissonance considering our colonial history and identity.

I am wondering why you felt the need to link that information with my comment about rejecting information. It makes no sense unless you are making assumptions about me.
I don't have to make assumptions about you ... you support censorship of free speech and violent enforcement of your preferences over anyone that disagrees with you. That is what you vote for.

I don't have to make assumptions about you ... you support censorship of free speech and violent enforcement of your preferences over anyone that disagrees with you. That is what you vote for.
That's one (or more) huge assumption(s) you just made

This information that I posted was dated June 30 2020. How new is that? Did you go to the idle no more link or did you just assume that you already 'no ' everything there is to know about what I posted ...

Very...though very expected.
Do you support censorship of what you assume as 'conspiracy theory' ?
Do you support using the military or police to enforce your 'rules' that were imposed by your government that you voted for?

Back