Conspiracies, What Are They ?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
When I opened my post alerts, there were a few that just showed a box with a ? instead of your avatar. But on the thread itself, those replies had your avatar beside them.
That was because I had fixed your formatting. there's an option to notify the original poster. That's what happened.

Ritafee

ONANOFFANONAGIN
Reaction score
And before you accuse me of being anti-gun, know that I have been trained to use a variety of firearms and was at one time qualified as a range safety officer.
I suggest that you are rather naive to ignore the fact that the all-pervasive black market in weapons prevents 'anti-gun laws' from working .

In New York City for example, anyone who wants an “illegal” firearm can quickly get one, through the black gun market.

The actual effect of restrictive gun laws is, by practical definition, to transfer legal guns to the illegal market.

Everyone who buys a gun on the black market is committing an unlawful act, according to 'gun banners'.

Not everyone that wants a gun can risk the time and money to apply to the 'authorities' and be denied 'license'.

They may choose instead to use the black market and rather risk 'committing a felony'.

Very strict firearms laws, with harsh penalties ensure that only 'authorized law enforcers' and 'criminals' will own weapons.

If you possess “black market guns” you are by legal definition now a criminal ... this is how law-making works to create criminals.

Banning 'easy availability of guns' ... fabrication of more 'anti-gun laws'... nonsense.

Gallant/Eisen expose of the fatal flaw in firearms legislation ...

"Restrict legal channels, and all that will change is the pattern of their availability.

People are always going to have guns available to them, no matter what. Always. Without fail …

The more we try to legally limit people's access to guns or anything else, the more money goes into the pockets of 'criminals'.

Last edited:

Northwind

Reaction score
I suggest that you are rather naive to ignore the fact that the all-pervasive black market in weapons prevents 'anti-gun laws' from working
WTF? I said I was opposed to carry laws. Where did you get the idea I'm anti-gun, even after I tried to head off that argument with an explanation???

Quit making assumptions and broad generalizations about my motivations and opinions.

Northwind

Reaction score
Personally, I'm anti-gun. I see no reason for people to carry weapons designed to be lethal.
I agree for the most part. I do believe there are places for firearms, just not carried by everyone.

If I lived on a ranch up north, I'd have at least one. There is no reason for a regular citizen to have one accessible if living in the city. I don't have a problem with responsible hunting

Ritafee

ONANOFFANONAGIN
Reaction score
WTF? I said I was opposed to carry laws. Where did you get the idea I'm anti-gun, even after I tried to head off that argument with an explanation???

Quit making assumptions and broad generalizations about my motivations and opinions.
So on the one hand you are opposed to carry laws ... but never should there be authorization to carry ... but yet you were authorized to carry ... which is it?

Northwind

Reaction score
So on the one hand you are opposed to carry laws ... but never should there be authorization to carry ... but yet you were authorized to carry ... which is it?
I was not authorized to carry. Please read what I wrote.

This is why it's impossible to have a discussion with you.

Ritafee

ONANOFFANONAGIN
Reaction score
I agree for the most part. I do believe there are places for firearms, just not carried by everyone.
I was not authorized to carry. Please read what I wrote.

This is why it's impossible to have a discussion with you.
Perhaps I don't understand what authorized to carry means.
You just said that you would have at least one gun if you lived on a ranch up north.
What would be the legal path to follow in that instance?
When you were in the reserves ... were you authorized to use a firearm?

Northwind

Reaction score
Read what I wrote. I said there were places for firearms. I don't know the specifics of how that happens.

I'll try to spell it out for you. Read carefully. I do not believe we need to be like Americans where average citizens can carry while going about their daily lives. I don't need a side arm for protection in that situation.

When I said "never" I was referring to that.

This is not a black and white issue. There are shades of grey.

Ritafee

ONANOFFANONAGIN
Reaction score
So in summation ....

Can I legally carry a firearm for self defence in Canada?

A non-restricted firearm for bear defense in the wilderness? Usually, YES.

ANY firearm for defense against people? Almost certainly, NO

BUT OF COURSE ...

Law Enforcement Officers, Peace Officers, and members of the Canadian Forces, are exempt from all of this.

BUT ONLY whilst performing their duty ... which is defense against 'other' people.

Some of the government issue 'Performance Tools of Duty' for 'Authorized Canadian Peace Enforcement Officers' :

Ritafee

ONANOFFANONAGIN
Reaction score
We could start by admitting how things actually are ... instead of rationalizing that 'crimes' can be legal for some but illegal for others.

Read carefully. I do not believe we need to be like Americans where average citizens can carry while going about their daily lives.
Read carefully ...

Gun ownership is at the heart of Canadian nature, tradition and the economy.
  • More men and women have a firearm license than play golf, hockey or soccer.
  • Millions of unlicensed family and friends of all ages hunt and shoot safely and responsibly under the control of permit holders.
  • Hunters provide leadership, expertise and hundreds of millions of dollars each year for nature conservation, wildlife protection, habitat restoration and outdoor education.
  • Hunting and sport shooting contributed $5.9 billion to the economy in 2018.
  • The firearm industry employs about 50,000 people.
Licensing Vs. Ownership
Many licensed adults don’t own guns, and many families — especially seniors — have firearms for hunting and predator control from before the current licensing regime.
  • A survey last April by Angus Reid Institute showed 14% of respondents said they owned at least one firearm, double the roughly 7% who have a licence. (See Question QG17.)
  • That would represent 4.2 million owners, based on Canada’s 30 million adults.
Targeting Licence Holders

Having a licence can be a liability.

The governing Liberal Party is targeting permit holders for one of the biggest confiscations against honest citizens by any democracy in history.

The Liberals are preparing new laws to order the national confiscation of 250,000 legally owned rifles, and to enable the municipal confiscation of all 1 million legally owned handguns.

Getting a Licence

The first step to get any firearm is to get a licence after passing the Canadian Firearms Safety Course developed by the RCMP.

To be approved for a permit, applicants must:
  • Get a minimum score on written and practical exams on regulations and safe gun handling
  • Get spousal approval
  • Provide references
  • Submit a formal application with a professional photo and pay the application fee
  • Pass a background check by the police to get a temporary licence card
  • Pass a daily police screening to keep their licence and their guns.
I do not want a gun but if I did want a gun ... I would be willing to wager that I could find an average Canadian citizen willing to provide me with one without requiring a license.

Legal Numbers at a Glance
  • 15-20 Million. Guns owned by individuals for protection, hunting, recreation, competition, collecting, predator control, and other beneficial uses. (Estimate)
  • 3-4 Million. Gun owners, with or without a police-approved licence. (Estimate)
  • 2,216,509. Men and women with a firearm licence authorized by the federal police (RCMP) at 31 Dec. 2019.
  • 300,000. Adults with a federal firearm licence who own at least one police-registered handgun. (Estimate)
  • 90,000. Canadians (mainly police, law-enforcement and military) allowed or required to carry loaded guns in daily life for personal or public safety. (Estimate)
  • 75,634. AR-15 target rifles registered to individuals at 14 Aug. 2019.
  • 2,400. Federally licensed firearm businesses in Canada.
  • 3,000. Guns bought and sold every day by police-vetted individuals. (Estimate. Roughly 1/3 new and 2/3 used.)
  • 1,400. Target-shooting ranges in Canada. About the same as the number of hospitals.
  • 365. Days each year that people with gun licences get a police screening.
  • 13. Percent of Canadian men who have a firearm licence, or almost one in seven.
  • 13. Percent of Canadian firearm-licence holders who are women.
  • 10. Potential years in jail for not renewing your gun licence on time.
  • 3. Legal classifications for firearms in Canada.
  • 2. Team Canada shooters in the 2016 Summer Olympics. Both were women.
  • 0. Number of violent criminals with firearms who obey firearm laws.
Related

Northwind

Reaction score
Well, that was a lecture. So are you saying guns should be deregulated? Or illegal for all? Or something else?

Northwind

Reaction score
The wise @revsdd posed a great question today. If Bill Gates is so devious and wants to plant microchips in us through vaccines, why not just use the flu vaccine since so many people already get it? :unsure: I'm curious about that too. Someone (another WC2er?) also suggested it could be done using smart phones as well. Using a virus like covid 19 seems like a lot of work when there's already a platform for such nephareous plots. :cool:

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Why shoot/own a gun?

1. For fun, as a target shooter, competitively, because you like to see if you can hit a target. Similar to throwing darts, with more distance, and power, involved. I would mainly imagine this happening at a highly regulated shooting range, and that weapons would remain there, in serious lockdown, with exceptions for regulated transport for compeitions.

2. For food, as an indigenous person on their own deeded lands, subject to their own tribal regulations, usually to do with respect for the wild life taken; or a licensed non-indigenous person, subject to a pile of rules, especially about not shooting other hunters, particularly while drunk, and the huge importance of fluorescent orange.

3. For protection against "nuisance" animals, particularly by farmers. You can't have groundhog holes in cattle pasturage, a skunk in a combine is a harvester's nightmare, and coyotes will "run" sheep so that their meat is spoiled.

A grudging 4. We live (most of us are Canadian) in a big country. Some places are really isolated, and the first responders can't just jump in a vehicle and try to beat their 15 minute "optimum response time". So, maybe, occasionally, "defense of self and family". Would be same sort of threatening but non-repeating gun as 3 above.

5. Some law enforcement. With body cameras. With access to a stick, a taser, perhaps, and a fingerprint locked firearm (always to be prioritized from least to most potential harm), strongly trained in de-escalation strategies and techniques, focussed on "comprehension" issues (language barriers, intellectual barriers, mental health barriers).

6. By trained military in a designated war zone, largely outside of one's country.