Conspiracies, What Are They ?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

OMG, perfect example for this thread. I couldn’t have been that the scientists have come up with the approximate time of 18 months until a vaccine is available- its the world leaders and scientists who repeat what Bill Gates says. Duh.
I guess it is kind of like a bible story ... depends on your interpretation and whether or not you cherry pick the parts that already meet your own confirmation bias.

So it's the Simpon's fault. I can go with that. :giggle:

It, unfortunately, wouldn't surprise me if he learned everything from watching the Simpson's.

(The Simpsons borrows from current news. Killer bees were in the headlines a long time ago - people probably wanted a vaccine or ant-venom drug. They hit the south first so it was probably a joke on southerners. So? People wanted an antidote to killer bee stings but they never got as bad there as they were in Africa.

Trump stated himself, his presidential wishes before that - ormaybe that was the year he announced that was his intention.)

Last edited:

And Trump ran in 1999 - he probably got ideas from the Simpsons. That seems to be on his wavelength and about the right level of intellect and entertainment for much of his base (he knows that - he loves the uneducated - he said so - because they fall for him) . He's been a well known "rich guy" keeping himself in the spotlight since the 80's. Maybe the Simpsons made a joke of him and his feathers got so ruffled he decided to run for real to show them up (wouldn't be surprised) right down to details like his escalator move ... Except it was Melania instead of Homer in the photo op. :LOL: But that wouldn't be a conspiracy...it would be Trump being his sinister clownish self.

Maybe there was a Russian spy in the Simpson's writer's room. ...who knows? Maybe. There are Russian spies, and there are TV writers rooms. So it must be true. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah - I like this guy (his ultra-spiritual skits remind me of my landlords)...but he's funny so it's more tolerable. You are not as funny. You are dead serious about some ridiculous ideas. He's in a role whereby one isn't sure how much he believes his character or not - there's some crossover between him and his satirical character that's not clear, on purpose.

Of course we don't and shouldn't believe everything we are told, blindly. We are changing behaviours as new information comes out. Different areas have different rates of infection and different rates of death. It may be a smaller percentage that's getting really sick, but it's happening in a shorter time. In NYC, there's a dire crisis. Hospitals there can't keep up...whereas, in rural Idaho (let's say, just as an example - I don't know their stats) maybe it's not as bad. Maybe they can keep it away, maybe nobody from a big city with a lot of infections will spread it there, or nobody will go to NY and bring it back, but they could, and the more cases there are in the big cities, the more likely that eventually is. A year from now in the hard hit areas, the yearlong numbers who've died from this will probably be quite a bit higher than the annual flu.

Last edited:

Nicole Sirotek, a nurse from Elko, Nevada, was assigned to two different hospitals in New York City.

What happens when all the dark and negative attributes of character are buried within the missing psyche? Do these dark things sneak up on you conspiratorially and bit you where it is darker? I.E. where Mona doesn't cast a glow ...

Might these things re incarnate in a land of no recognition of respect and responsibilities for their own freedoms? Thus responsibility runs a' muck ... and stick in the mud proliferate! That's spreading grafts ... virtually!

Nicole Sirotek, a nurse from Elko, Nevada, was assigned to two different hospitals in New York City.
Yep, in hospitals that are overwhelmed with patients, as it was in Italy, France and NYC, it is very likely s**t is happening, likely because they use medical students in positions like ICU to make quick decisions that are above their heads, they use personal that is not trained enough on jobs that they don’t have enough knowledge, just as they have military personal wiping butts in nursing homes( and potentially making errors by feeding someone wrongly causing Pneumonia). That’s why they needed to implement those restrictions, so that there will not be shortages of qualified personnel. To slow down the rate of infections. It baffles me that people still don’t get that.
Not even apparently some medical doctors. If the guy in the next video even is one. But- in the states everything is possible, and there would also be doctors who think that praying in church is more important than medical treatment. Let him go to church instead of the overcrowded hospital when he gets seriously sick.

Here are some of the common threads I’ve found, and think do not serve us well, as we work for justice and peace:
  • distancing from the perceived enemy rather than considering if there is any common ground,
  • failing to recall a shared humanity, or what Quakers often experience as “that of God” in people,
  • assuming that anyone perceived to not be in agreement has bad intentions, is immoral, and deserves to be attacked,
  • believing that shame and punishments like banning presenters from speaking, having professors fired, or engaging in physical intimidation or violence are the best or only ways to bring about justice,
  • being vague or so broad in defining and applying important terms like racism, trauma, oppression, and injustice that just about any word or act might fit with the definition,
  • assuming that a preferred theory about these terms is correct without formulating it in a way that allows it to be tested or revised if needed,5
  • assuming that if an idea offends us or makes us uncomfortable, it can automatically be completely rejected because our feelings are all that matters,6
  • demanding conformity through heavy policing of language and ideas.7

Subject to no authority higher than individual experience ...
“The only thing I am intolerant of is intolerance.”

Here are some of the common threads I’ve found, and think do not serve us well, as we work for justice and peace:
  • distancing from the perceived enemy rather than considering if there is any common ground,
  • failing to recall a shared humanity, or what Quakers often experience as “that of God” in people,
  • assuming that anyone perceived to not be in agreement has bad intentions, is immoral, and deserves to be attacked,
  • believing that shame and punishments like banning presenters from speaking, having professors fired, or engaging in physical intimidation or violence are the best or only ways to bring about justice,
  • being vague or so broad in defining and applying important terms like racism, trauma, oppression, and injustice that just about any word or act might fit with the definition,
  • assuming that a preferred theory about these terms is correct without formulating it in a way that allows it to be tested or revised if needed,5
  • assuming that if an idea offends us or makes us uncomfortable, it can automatically be completely rejected because our feelings are all that matters,6
  • demanding conformity through heavy policing of language and ideas.7
Rita, you really should get in the habit of marking text as quotes as you quote.

Back