Canadian Armed Forces, inappropriate behavior and who knew what when?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I so totally disagree. Things like the abortion debate are done deals in Canada. We may not have any laws about it but most people are ok withthat

he has an incompetent government. Honestly. His health minister is a graphic artist. He is a fraud. No one cares. He has a pretty face and a famous name. So what the hell vote for him

I so totally disagree. Things like the abortion debate are done deals in Canada. We may not have any laws about it but most people are ok withthat

he has an incompetent government. Honestly. His health minister is a graphic artist. He is a fraud. No one cares. He has a pretty face and a famous name. So what the hell vote for him
As you should know by now, I don't vote Liberal. I am just pointing out that the Conservatives are not exactly a feminist dream team either. Really, feminists should probably be voting NDP or Green if they don't want the Liberals but some likely disagree with those parties on other issues.

I just am so frustrated. Trudeau and his group have botched this so badly. And spent us into debt we will never get out of. But hey. All cheery happy go lucky at the conventions

frustrating. I agree the convservatives have room to make up. But no one could have done a worse job in this pandemic than the liberals who cancelled our early warning system, put beaurocrats in charge and here we are. With a travel advisory from the usa of all places. LimiTed vaccines. And Justin with his happy face

There's too many nutbars in the Con parties. Too much complacency among the liberals. I think we have to give some other parties a decent chance. I'm so heartily sick of the Liberal/Con roulette, I want to DO something to move them.

Well, except that there are two probes going on at present. This one was shut down in order to demand a report date. There is a second, on-going investigation by the Status of Women Commission.

So, it's "awful", also "awful-izing"...

Unfair. Every subsequent, inevitable, federal Tweedle Dum Tweedle Dee unfolds similarly. I find it both disingenuous and unfair to blame a particular iteration of the perpetual two-party clusterfuck.

And I was a victim of the original Trudeamania. He was, at least. ffs, interesting.

Honestly makes me wonder about everyone who works for the government. Did no one , working in the department of defenshe, the ministry of defense open the last bloody report? Is it such an old boys club, nudge nudge wink wink, push it under the rug?

and this is only the sexual assault issues. What other issues are hiding

When I said slow learner, Justin tried denying his efforts to support SNC Lavalin and just looked bad for not being upfront at the start. He got reprimanded for his vacation with the Agha Khan, and did not learn to be more careful with his other relationships such as with WE. And it seems there were other cases where he tried denial instead of honesty. Delaying action on the military issue just continues the continuing loss of trust in him and his judgement.

I came in to talk about the forces, and what i see is another bringing up every reason you don't like Trudeau.

C'mon folks, you want to take on any leader, do it in the thread for them.
Really tiresome.

I am reminded that corporate wrong doing is similair to armed forces leadership wrong doing. Things such as sexism, racism, abuse need to be addressed, not just swept under the covers. Individuals at leadership level need to be made examples of when the problem is rooted in the systems. It will also take time for the problems of 10 or 20 years ago to be rooted out.

I am thankful that the women's voice re the concern re promotion was heard, and the problem was addressed publicly.
This gives me hope.

I am posting articles I find about what is going on with the investigations into the military. Sorry you don’t like it

they have a report done under the last government which was presented right before they took power. They have lots of time to work with that and for some reason they didn’t. Why? Why do it again. It is a stalling method by every article I can find. Did not find a single article that said, good idea, let’s do the same investigation again

why not allow people who should know what is going on testify?

the cover up is always the issue

come out with acknowledging a mistake was made. They didn’t act when they should have. If they had done that the first time, it would have been done. Perhaps Sajiin would have had to go but so what. Instead we have months of obfuscation

what do women in the military do. Who do they go to when the perpetrator is in the chain of command.

why would a young woman want to enter the military?

one interesting article I read spoke about how , as a group, Canadians don’t know much about the military. Certainly , in my extended family of cousins ,none of us was in the military. though I now know several vets through work

Definately corporate world needs to be held account as well. I think the big difference is the military is it’s own little world. It’s own rules, justice system and punishment system

I am reminded that corporate wrong doing is similair to armed forces leadership wrong doing. Things such as sexism, racism, abuse need to be addressed, not just swept under the covers. Individuals at leadership level need to be made examples of when the problem is rooted in the systems. It will also take time for the problems of 10 or 20 years ago to be rooted out.

I am thankful that the women's voice re the concern re promotion was heard, and the problem was addressed publicly.
This gives me hope.
I came in to talk about the forces, and what i see is another bringing up every reason you don't like Trudeau.

C'mon folks, you want to take on any leader, do it in the thread for them.
Really tiresome.
Do you think it is possible to discuss the cover up inthe military about ex general Vance without acknowledging the role of politicians in it?

one article I posted above said that the Harper government , who appointed him, had heard rumors and investigated. Found no evidence. Had him meet with Harper where he lied and said there was no truth to the rumors

that poses an interesting dilemma. For any corporation. If you are interviewing someone and there are rumors, unsubstantiated rumors, do you pass on that person? Ruin any chance they have of promotion based on rumors?

As you should know by now, I don't vote Liberal. I am just pointing out that the Conservatives are not exactly a feminist dream team either. Really, feminists should probably be voting NDP or Green if they don't want the Liberals but some likely disagree with those parties on other issues.

And spent us into debt we will never get out of.

Trudeau is a very slow learner

Unfair. Every subsequent, inevitable, federal Tweedle Dum Tweedle Dee unfolds similarly. I find it both disingenuous and unfair to blame a particular iteration of the perpetual two-party clusterfuck.

And I was a victim of the original Trudeamania. He was, at least. ffs, interesting.

and this is only the sexual assault issues. What other issues are hiding

When I said slow learner, Justin tried denying his efforts to support SNC Lavalin and just looked bad for not being upfront at the start. He got reprimanded for his vacation with the Agha Khan, and did not learn to be more careful with his other relationships such as with WE. And it seems there were other cases where he tried denial instead of honesty. Delaying action on the military issue just continues the continuing loss of trust in him and his judgement.

@Lastpointe , I haven't been reporting, maybe I should, but, threads are allowed to wander.
Yes, you have posted articles, but, you don't stay on them, you use them to expand your overall hate of the individual leader.

All of which points to the need to deal with the General Vance case now, resolve it now, and then follow through on the recommendation from the last report to establish an outside review agency to investigate all reports of wrong doing within the military, just as we need to do with the RCMP and other police forces.

I know the Military Police are investigating the claims against General Vance. I do not know what more evidence they need to gather beyond what has already been made public. Due to his status, once that report is ready, the decision about his status should be made by the cabinet, not the Minister of Defence.

It should not take years to investigate claims like this.

What disturbs me, possibly the most, was Vance claiming to his "special friend" that he had the Minister of Defense "under control". Sounds very much like the tail wagging the dog.

Back