Bless'd are the Storytellers

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Delightful Life

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
The weavers of the long and tangled threads of myth and meaning that have been passed on and on, told, retold, rubbed like a river pebble with nooks & crannies that bear the marks of the previous storytellers

From the breathtaking art in those prehistoric caves, to the most modern Virtual Reality setup, storytellers keep on telling the tales of the tribe

One that I keep my eye on is Nina Paley. Cartoonist, explorer of Judaic myth, of womanhood, of being human, humourist, cat-fancier & fair copyright advocate

She has done a feature-length work called 'Sita Sings the Blues', based on the Hindu 'Ramayana' -- a love story

She has been doing a series of tales based on the works of the Old Testament. She calls them her 'Seder Masochism' project, which is ongoing. Some of them I've already shown to you before

She has a way with images, adding to them popular songs to make something richer, while she midrash on the ancient retold tales of the tribe

Last edited:
This one has a such a cast...can you recognize all the mythic figures? My namesake is in there :3
Oh oh, here comes Judge Dredd!

Is there a speck of the first born Egyptian in all mortals ... and this Black Spot is buried in the core of all mortals although poorly nurtured with great concern and caution that some calm passion goes alone with it?

In such alternate cases ... does the spot die or fade according to Marcus Aurelius'? If you question anything about this topic ... there's a good chance that ... the bulk of humanity will shame you for it as a matter of coveting ... sometimes called covenanting as a cover-up of secret knowledge unshared.

Wait an instant .... could we bury it in a story for those that like to read history with some adept? Ain't that aesthetic ...

The sting is yet to come ... you just wait till father comes home!

Do you have a bit of your father in yah ....

O bring on the Yah-Yah G*urls so I can forget ...'urls? That's that heaving in empty space ... as your tossed about ... should'a drank more ate more ... and lost that love of possessing a vessel ... twasn't urine in the first place ... was common ... belonged to the Johns town group ... originally aboriginal wonderers ...

The added clause can clear the ambiguity and thus the interpretation goes on and on about eternal myths ...

The added clause can clear the ambiguity and thus the interpretation goes on and on about eternal myths ...

Those instituted about it can't settle ...

Wow!
That’s the story of how a non-politician could get elected to the White House. And they did call him a Bolshevik, and still trying to put him in jail.

I am going to bookmark this thread for later. What an interesting combination of videos.

Thanks @Inannawhimsey
She’s an anti-trans feminist. She identifies as a Gender Critical radical feminist. Her work is pretty creative...it is impressive. From a cis-female perspective, she really makes a good case against patriarchy but she doesn’t think trans women are women...doesn’t welcome them into the fold. just a heads-up, Jordan Peterson promoted her about a week ago. My guess is that is about how long anybody on “the right” (or some of us on the left) has been following her...because of him. She caught my attention then, and I posted a few of her vids on the other thread. Ironically, she is opposed to patriarchy, which JP says doesn’t exist. She does interesting art, yes, but there is an alterior motive, IMO, as to why JP is suddenly highlighting the work of this “radical feminist”, whose work is quite “post modern”.

I think her work is very good, and I hope she progresses in her thinking to include trans women...the more feminists on board the better...rather than JP’s club using her to justify their anti-transgender stance.

Feminists and progressives for the marginalized of any stripe shouldn’t get in bed with the right wing, because they always weaken their overall cause.

Last edited:
Is she "anti-trans"? Or is that just not 'her thing'? There's a difference between not getting a trending social issue, not having a solid opinion on it, and opposing it.

the cries of slaves to Single Vision
some r still in Egypt or go back

Egypt being the domain of imagination ... unbelievable! As the largest portion of the soul of darkness ... the absolute part being a small hole ... where limited thoughts are stored as mortal ... be the death of passions ... if you process in depth!

Thus they learned not to do that again ... what Jae wouldn't have them educated about ... screw-ups as scrooge d situations ...

learning is outside emotional institutional situations ... thus out there at some distance!

Causes rings ...

Is she "anti-trans"? Or is that just not 'her thing'? There's a difference between not getting a trending social issue, not having a solid opinion on it, and opposing it.

No. She is outspoken that in her opinion trans women are not women, and she treats trans identity like a passing fetish. However, some of her ideas are very progressive. I’m just leary of JP’s MO in supporting a feminist who is radical, post modernist and anti-patriarchy in every other way, except her opposition to transgender.

from her blog
transsexual « Search Results « Nina Paley’s Blog

itz a shame how many peeps r zpreading lies (or just not being able to see past their own beliefs) instead of concentrating on what people actually say
But there is this. It is not as hateful as many of the anti-trans denizens in JPs fan club...again, though, I sense an MO in his support for her...which only serves to oppress trans people. It just appears less bad to those of his supporters who do not want to seem like, or admit that, they are hitched to the far right wagon. Which is obvious as to why suddenly you are promoting her, as one of his dedicated fans, me thinks. You took the bait.

Her writing (Not representative of my opinion, but one I am opposed to):

(Edit: wrong link)

The Banality of Stupid « Nina Paley’s Blog

On this, I strongly disagree with her. I do think she has some good ideas, as well, but...as long as JP is promoting her...something is fishy and I will pick through her ideas carefully.

Last edited:
Back