2021 Canadian Federal Election Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Are education programs sort of redundant in a population duped into believing intelligence is counter to their desires to succeed?

So it goes ... and so much is eliminated and dispossessed ... deposed ... and down the tubes!

i do hope that this election doesnt result in too many Covid deaths and hospital overruns and general suffering

what was that boy thinking?

i guess another example of white supremacy/privilege? not caring for Canadians and esp the very vulnerable?

"ARCH!!!"

#GlobalHumanSpring
#MutualAid

The election was a casual liberal foolishness that shouldn't have happened. We are back to exactly the government we had. Which is not awful. A Liberal minority with NDP support tends to keep legislation levels low (which is more often than not a good idea), but at the same time, to general agreement on the legislation passed.

Right now, there's a real sense that indigenous relations need to rise in prominence (signalled by GG decision), that climate change needs to be a priority (decent job at recent COP26 summit), and that support for ordinary people (continuing COVID sensitivity, work on cheaper childcare) is an ongoing priority. Also, the country-wide ban on conversion therapy (for adults, as well as children), is an encouraging move towards a total separation of church and state, which the U.S. tends to do very badly.

Personally, not thrilled, but who is, ever, at this point in a government, but not inclined to ditch it for another (although Jagmeet is doing a prety good job of NDP leadership, in my mind). The Greens, although probably an important party of the future, have, to my mind, destroyed their credibility for the foreseeable future. That might be a great place for contemporary youth to focus.

Why do we expect sanity given the proof of the surrounding drive towards irrationality?

Folk even support tyranny and empire building that destroys many ... contrary to the guidance in; "walk softly!"

The election was a casual liberal foolishness that shouldn't have happened. We are back to exactly the government we had. Which is not awful. A Liberal minority with NDP support tends to keep legislation levels low (which is more often than not a good idea), but at the same time, to general agreement on the legislation passed.

Right now, there's a real sense that indigenous relations need to rise in prominence (signalled by GG decision), that climate change needs to be a priority (decent job at recent COP26 summit), and that support for ordinary people (continuing COVID sensitivity, work on cheaper childcare) is an ongoing priority. Also, the country-wide ban on conversion therapy (for adults, as well as children), is an encouraging move towards a total separation of church and state, which the U.S. tends to do very badly.

Personally, not thrilled, but who is, ever, at this point in a government, but not inclined to ditch it for another (although Jagmeet is doing a prety good job of NDP leadership, in my mind). The Greens, although probably an important party of the future, have, to my mind, destroyed their credibility for the foreseeable future. That might be a great place for contemporary youth to focus.
Amen
Awoman
An-it

#GlobalHumanSpring

Back