Who's gonna light up?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Organic bananas would be different.

I haven't memorized any of the codes. If I use the self checkouts I try to grab produce with the stickers as much as possible, or else memorize it short-term.
Yes,
94011 is organic bananas.
If it was 84011 they would be franken bananas (genetically modified)
8 is bad.

Anyway, the speed lanes are for people who can make the system move faster, not for training potential new stoner cashiers. If you can't punch in a banana, let a trained employee help you. We'll all get home sooner.

Yes,
94011 is organic bananas.
If it was 84011 they would be franken bananas (genetically modified)
8 is bad.

Anyway, the speed lanes are for people who can make the system move faster, not for training potential new stoner cashiers. If you can't punch in a banana, let a trained employee help you. We'll all get home sooner.
Shows how much attention I pay to codes - or to organic produce. Nothing wrong with genetically modified stuff.

I'm assuming you've never smoked or otherwise consumed cannabis. Alcohol fogs people's minds. Makes them stupid, say stupid things, do stupider things. A bit of herb has a tendency to relax conversation, people are less defensive, more easily amused. Sometimes quite profound, something that never happens under the influence of alcohol, in my experience.

I don't compare it to binge drinking, at all. I compare people smoking at home with their kids to people who allow their children a taste of watered wine with dinner, etc.

(And a word about the difference in schools. My kids had it summed up in our particular town with some clarity: more drugs in the public school, more pregnant girls in the Catholic school...)

I would compare kids meeting at the beach to consume pot to kids meeting at the beach to consume alcohol.
And as someone who never smoked or drinks, I would say that I have a better sense to notice changes in people who drink or smoke around me than people who join the crowd. I had plenty of opportunities to observe my sisters friends. And some of them clearly mashed up their brains with it. I notice it in patients who are long time medical users, too.

If you're a long time medical user of cannabis, presumably you've got long term medical problems that are likely to have negative effects as well; hard to tell whether it's the disorder or the treatment that is the problem.

I just question the ethics of a system that tells me that I can grow wine grapes in my yard (which I do) and crush them to make wine (or jelly, which I do), hops to flavour beer (which I also grow, largely because I am addicted to that bright lemon-y green of the leaves!), but can't grow a simple herb that I like to smoke, drink and eat. Hugely useful plant. The big leaves make a nice mild tea, the smaller leaves are for butter for mild baked goods or into coconut oil for a mild pain relief cream, the buds are for smoking and maybe some nice baking, the little stems turn into a tincture, the big tough stems make a great chew-y for the dog, very fibrous, helps their teeth a great deal.

If you're a long time medical user of cannabis, presumably you've got long term medical problems that are likely to have negative effects as well; hard to tell whether it's the disorder or the treatment that is the problem.

I just question the ethics of a system that tells me that I can grow wine grapes in my yard (which I do) and crush them to make wine (or jelly, which I do), hops to flavour beer (which I also grow, largely because I am addicted to that bright lemon-y green of the leaves!), but can't grow a simple herb that I like to smoke, drink and eat. Hugely useful plant. The big leaves make a nice mild tea, the smaller leaves are for butter for mild baked goods or into coconut oil for a mild pain relief cream, the buds are for smoking and maybe some nice baking, the little stems turn into a tincture, the big tough stems make a great chew-y for the dog, very fibrous, helps their teeth a great deal.

Well, after all, catnip is legal;)

I use a ton of catnip tea, as well. Far more than my cats will allow to stay alive within the confines of the yard. For that, I rely on safe (unsprayed) wild patches. Do the same with a few herbs, like mullein, that grow more easily in certain wild microclimates.

(I'd actually like to apprentice for a year or two with a more accomplished forager.)

I shop at a No Frills. There's no self check-out option, but it's still got the cheapest grocery prices in town. I rely on paid employees to know the code for bananas. Now, if I come to the desk with something a bit strange, like daikon, or an unusual green, I'm happy to tell the clerk what it is so that they can look it up.

I shop at a No Frills. There's no self check-out option, but it's still got the cheapest grocery prices in town. I rely on paid employees to know the code for bananas. Now, if I come to the desk with something a bit strange, like daikon, or an unusual green, I'm happy to tell the clerk what it is so that they can look it up.

You buy daikon? I'm impressed. Also impressed that your No Frills would have it. Shanghai bok choy is about as exotic as ours gets. Thank heaven for having 3 large Asian grocery stores in London.

Adds a beautiful mild crunch to salads. My DCM recommends it for me because I'm too hot (or something Chinese medicine-y). Increasingly good selection at our No Frills, partly because our College has a hugely increased International population, primarily Indian and Chinese.

Adds a beautiful mild crunch to salads. My DCM recommends it for me because I'm too hot (or something Chinese medicine-y). Increasingly good selection at our No Frills, partly because our College has a hugely increased International population, primarily Indian and Chinese.

Too much Yang, I believe is what they are saying. :D Mrs. M is fairly Westernized (even before she came here) but still resorts to this terminology at times.

Back