When We Die: Our online presence

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

JayneWonders

Administrator
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
Now I'm hoping that my death isn't imminent, but, the one truth is that eventually we all die.

Today, as I added a book to my Goodreads shelves, I smiled when I saw a friend had written a review of the book.
Then, I added another book, and my heart got a little tug. Why? Coz our friend Northwind had reviewed it.

It got me thinking about all the accounts that I have, and the information that is attached to them.

My estate has the list of accounts, but, it dawned on me, it doesn't have anything about content.

Most, i probably don't care about, but, curious, have you thought about how you will live on in various sites?
The reviews, posts, photos, comments, forum discussions — all those little bits of ourselves we've left scattered around the internet?

Have you thought about how you want to live on in those places?
 
Now I'm hoping that my death isn't imminent, but, the one truth is that eventually we all die.

Today, as I added a book to my Goodreads shelves, I smiled when I saw a friend had written a review of the book.
Then, I added another book, and my heart got a little tug. Why? Coz our friend Northwind had reviewed it.

It got me thinking about all the accounts that I have, and the information that is attached to them.

My estate has the list of accounts, but, it dawned on me, it doesn't have anything about content.

Most, i probably don't care about, but, curious, have you thought about how you will live on in various sites?
The reviews, posts, photos, comments, forum discussions — all those little bits of ourselves we've left scattered around the internet?

Have you thought about how you want to live on in those places?

How will the ignore function cut in to reduce the grind by turning the deceased into a character of wisdom?

Because of managing a cemetery ... I've seen a lot of demons turn into wiser 's ... down right dumb founding ... I can say that because of the dodges ...
 
The ghosts in the machine.

“You have memories with [Name] to look back on today.”

[Name] had died more than 10 years earlier.

Down memory lane I go.

Up until now (this thread) I had not really thought about how to manage my digital after-life.

My first inclination is to let the chips fall where they may.

Certainly something to consider now that you mention it.
 
Now I'm hoping that my death isn't imminent, but, the one truth is that eventually we all die.

Today, as I added a book to my Goodreads shelves, I smiled when I saw a friend had written a review of the book.
Then, I added another book, and my heart got a little tug. Why? Coz our friend Northwind had reviewed it.

It got me thinking about all the accounts that I have, and the information that is attached to them.

My estate has the list of accounts, but, it dawned on me, it doesn't have anything about content.

Most, i probably don't care about, but, curious, have you thought about how you will live on in various sites?
The reviews, posts, photos, comments, forum discussions — all those little bits of ourselves we've left scattered around the internet?

Have you thought about how you want to live on in those places?
Since those little pieces bring people comfort and fond memories, Jayne, I'm happy for them to remain.

In the end, what will live on's the love, kindness, and faith I shared with the people around me. Our lives are ultimately held in God's hands
 
Since those little pieces bring people comfort and fond memories, Jayne, I'm happy for them to remain.

In the end, what will live on's the love, kindness, and faith I shared with the people around me. Our lives are ultimately held in God's hands

A great deal more will live on beside the hero described over the casket ... like Ishmael after the Wahl 'r was destroyed by the water monster ... a flood!

Any one know what a Wahl is in Danish ... ? Spelling it off in Hebrew is something else ... something to be up against like a dissonant fey spirit ... stuff beyond comprehension ... if you are stuck on English spins ...
 
Yes, I have thought that even with leaving passwords, it will be difficult to erase .
But, what most people don’t think about is that their kids and grandkids, on the net since their birth, haven’t consented to be there.
 
Not sure it matters? I can't think of anything but emails and banking that might really be of consequence. My affairs are very simple and my circle small. As I always say, I'LL BE DEAD!
 
Not sure it matters? I can't think of anything but emails and banking that might really be of consequence. My affairs are very simple and my circle small. As I always say, I'LL BE DEAD!

This really is a solid position ... no further alternations other than the stories they tell at your celebration! Imagine what they could say as a stretch!

Are stories really mythical ... and hide certain things? Certainty is fogged ... a subconscious term ...
 
Back
Top