We live on a breathing blue and green marble

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Great video, thanks for posting this.

Edgar Mitchell is great. He's one of twelve people who've walked on the Moon and a big believer in UFO's, having had personal experience with them. He once said that he's '90% sure that most UFO's come from other planets'.

I loved this video! The photography is stunning but most of all I loved hearing the comments of those men & women who have experienced this view of the world & how it affected them. And I love that they all seem like regular folks (I was going to say 'down to earth folks' but the pun was NOT intended :) )

To think of the earth as a "spaceship" - something I'm left pondering as a new concept for me.

Great video, thanks for posting this.

Edgar Mitchell is great. He's one of twelve people who've walked on the Moon and a big believer in UFO's, having had personal experience with them. He once said that he's '90% sure that most UFO's come from other planets'.
Are you going to do a reboot of your fine UFO thread?

I see that a local chap that films UFOs alla time has just posted some really recent ones for Canada Day

I think we would all look at this planet a little differently if we could see it from outside our atmosphere. It would be more than just the place we call "Earth". It is a living, organic spaceship, the place we live and share with all creatures, and plant life. It is the only place where we know life can exist, and it's precious to us all.

I like your description: "a living, organic spaceship". One in which we live and breathe and have our being.

some r buckminster fuller quotes

"Our little Spaceship Earth is only eight thousand miles in diameter, which is almost a negligible dimension in the great vastness of space. . . . Spaceship Earth was so extraordinarily well invented and designed that to our knowledge humans have been on board it for two million years not even knowing that they were on board a ship."

"Synergy is the only word in our language that means behavior of whole systems unpredicted by the separately observed behaviors of any of the system's separate parts or any subassembly of the system's parts. There is nothing in the chemistry of a toenail that predicts the existence of a human being."

"
The difference between mind and brain is that brain deals only with memorized, subjective, special-case experiences and objective experiments, while mind extracts and employs the generalized principles and integrates and interrelates their effective employment. Brain deals exclusively with the physical, and mind exclusively with the metaphysical."

Reactions: Neo

"Our little Spaceship Earth is only eight thousand miles in diameter, which is almost a negligible dimension in the great vastness of space. . . . Spaceship Earth was so extraordinarily well invented and designed that to our knowledge humans have been on board it for two million years not even knowing that they were on board a ship."

"Synergy is the only word in our language that means behavior of whole systems unpredicted by the separately observed behaviors of any of the system's separate parts or any subassembly of the system's parts. There is nothing in the chemistry of a toenail that predicts the existence of a human being."

"
The difference between mind and brain is that brain deals only with memorized, subjective, special-case experiences and objective experiments, while mind extracts and employs the generalized principles and integrates and interrelates their effective employment. Brain deals exclusively with the physical, and mind exclusively with the metaphysical."
Awesome quotes!

"

Love that quote. Similar to what Matthew Fox talks about in his 95 Articles of Faith

http://matthewfoxcs.blogspot.ca/2005/05/chapter-v-95-theses-or-articles-of.html

"Spirituality and religion are not the same thing any more than education and learning, law and justice, or commerce and stewardship are the same thing."

Inukshuk,

and Fuller was able to do all that without needing to make up new forces or agents or realities ('supernatural', 'immaterial', etc) but, rather, explored from the beginning, learning from the point of as if everything were new and then, just like Jesus, but without the crucifixion bit (though I'm sure he got his share of domesticated primate territorial screechings), made the information available for others...

and I love Matthew Fox -- like his joy of life

Last edited:
A truly awesome film - thank you for sharing it here. It really brings home the importance of treating our home planet with care and consideration for the future generations. I have long been aware that the earth is ALIVE and that I live downwind and downstream of myself (and everyone else!).

Just to add something.....I have been doing some discerning, meditating, searching....and maybe you all can relate, I find that nature has a rhythm, almost like breathing, it has a cycle of living and dying and all the creation, all creatures seem to know that, but sometimes humans get out of that rhythm, or they ignore it or think they are greater than the rhythm and I think that is where we have lost souls looking for something that they are "missing" and they are just offbeat, or not in tune with the rhythm nature is following. A feeling that I can't shake and it has been getting stronger.

Back