Transgenderism ..... ask your questions!

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Thanks @RitaTG for your calm perseverance in the face of hurtful comments. I can only imagine that this a small example of what you've experienced in real life

This thread and meeting trans people in real life has taught me so much.

Apparently, Judaism recognizes 6 or 7 genders. Male, female, androginos (both male and female), tumtum (neither male or female), m to f, and f to m. (One of the latter two is further subdivided into whether the transition is 'natural' or not, but that sorta escaped me. )

Apparently, Judaism recognizes 6 or 7 genders. Male, female, androginos (both male and female), tumtum (neither male or female), m to f, and f to m. (One of the latter two is further subdivided into whether the transition is 'natural' or not, but that sorta escaped me. )

Imagine all the peculiar things some folk avoid and thus do not learn anything NU ...

She discusses that lower down in the thread.

She discusses that lower down in the thread.

Yes, and now I see it. Different category for 'natural' male to female. I assume that, given the time period these things are being discussed, that 'intervention' male to female would be a eunuch, the only concept that seems to have migrated from Judaism to Christianity.

I am back....
Some news regarding that evangelical church I was negotiating with to host a town hall style forum regarding trans issues.
Unfortunately the pastor passed away suddenly so we are back to square one.
He was such a nice person and he was open to trying to host such a dialogue.
He is missed by so many in the Sudbury area community including me. (and not just because of this project)
Hopefully I will have some further news in a few weeks. There may still be an opportunity.

I am back....
Some news regarding that evangelical church I was negotiating with to host a town hall style forum regarding trans issues.
Unfortunately the pastor passed away suddenly so we are back to square one.
He was such a nice person and he was open to trying to host such a dialogue.
He is missed by so many in the Sudbury area community including me. (and not just because of this project)
Hopefully I will have some further news in a few weeks. There may still be an opportunity.

Too bad but glad to hear the door isn't closed. Good luck on this.

Hi Rita - good to 'see' you again! Sorry to hear of the death of your pastor friend ... never easy. I hope you'll be around a bit more :)

Rita is coming back
Here is a link to a short video done by an amazing group of students from Canadore College. Maybe this will spark dome discussion

Wow, if I had known that summoning you would have got you back so quickly I would have done it sooner. :love:

Bravo! Terrific video. The students, and the star, did a great job. Should prompt some discussion here and elsewhere.

And nice to see you again @RitaTG. Welcome back.

Hi Rita - so good to see you back. The video was excellent - thank you for continuing to teach us.

Back