spring has sprung, the grass has riz...and here are the birdies

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I call them pussy willow buds. Later, when they get a bit of a tassel I call them catkins. I'm sure this varies from family to family and area to area. I have to wait quite a while before seeing them in my neighbourhood. They are so special early in the spring that we planted some in the backyard.
Same here, usually can’t see them until after Easter.

Yeah, that's pretty early, eh. They are usually more of a March-April thing here. Definitely no signs of spring in Ontario right now. After a mild streak in mid-January, Old Man Winter finally woke up.

Yes, I must go out and heave another 6" of snow off the front porch. Thankfully, it's cold, thus the snow will be light.

Snow is sometimes blue because folk are sad with the dusting ... just not kohl!

Deep under that it might be black as moll's R' cis ... Moll being the gunner!

I don't know whether the valves can take much more of the racine and rushing ... root bier? Sars piriel ation ... latent!

Yes, I must go out and heave another 6" of snow off the front porch. Thankfully, it's cold, thus the snow will be light.
I almost had to come up there for a meeting in Orillia next week. Thankfully, someone got a clue and changed it to a Zoom session next week with the in-person meeting to follow at the end of March.

View attachment 7637
Went for a walk and saw these-( this pic is off the internet, as I don’t know what they are called in english). In German, they are Weidenkätzchen- my app translated as Willow catkins. Not sure if Canadians really would call it that.
Cming week is supposed to get cold again with some snow
Willow Catkins? That is an adorable name :3
Makes me want to cuddle them

Back