Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

They say there is a wave approaching Victoria ... some powers disallow the very thought of such alteration ... the weather cannot change!

Now to demonstrate that check the weather forecast several days in sequence and note the changed 4 cast ... like a comp ass lost ...

Really screwed prescience ... some what quantum? Consider the chances ... attention? Absolutely none as folk don't like change ... it can cause learning!

Aye n' it ignorant? Some of my classmates said they learned it all in university ... experience meant nothing to them ...

Alas they will not hear of such ... it is just too much information for those lagging ... latent? The the wind picked up and many questions asked about whether is caused water or whether water caused the wind ... opinions?

Mined bending psychological warps ... light humus!
 
Last edited:
There was no frost here last night, or at least not in my yard. I've got a huge basil patch in back yard, and this winter's plant on front porch, and basil is uber sensitive to cold. And they were all fine, which I know because I was out harvesting this morning. About 4 lbs of eggplant (white and long purple ones), a few more tomatoes, 3 cucumbers that got lost and went straight into the compost, 2 melons, and I left the 2 big butternut squash for a bit. Noble herb is all harvested and largely trimmed and curing. I have to decide what herbs to bother drying/preserving. Might be nice to make a big batch of pesto and freeze in cubes. I also have a BOATLOAD of black kale, which will keep me in beans and greens all winter.
 
Good morning! Wednesday is dawning. Yesterday we spoke of an employer's anniversary and the jacket to mark the occasion, the harvest of herbs and vegetables, and waves out west. These and other things that pop up today will shape our conversation this morning, as we gather round the Coffee Cart for our daily session of chat, support and camaraderie. The tea and coffee are ready, and the Wonderbaker has been busy, baking cinnamon buns for u to enjoy this morning. The tea water is boiling, coffee is freshbrewed, and the buns are warm and soft from the oven. All is ready, everyone is welcome. Come, join in the chats, and enjoy the refreshments!

C(_)/ c\_/ c[_] c(_)
 
4 lbs of eggplant
I think if I was going to have a vegetable bed, I would have to try eggplant, probably the long purple ones you refer to since those sound like our "Asian" eggplant that Mrs. M normally uses. Eggplant is a favourite of mine and I know many interesting ways to use it.

Good morning! We are on a quest in Apeland right now. Our dishwasher is giving up the ghost so we are seeking a new one. I think we have one that fits (Frigidaire and very similar to the Kenmore we are replacing, which makes me suspect that Sears had Frigidaire making their dishwashers) but it's only available online and Mrs. M has some anxieties around not being able to check it out in person. There's a more expensive Samsung model on sale at Home Depot that could do the job as well but given it's Samsung and the price, I'm guessing it has additional features we may not be interested in. We just want clean dishes and a good basic model does that.
 
We prefer the most basic appliances available. Our kids want the ones that talk!
Our dishwasher still works just fine but the racks are falling apart. New racks are the same price as a new unit with lots of push buttons. I loathe controls I can't easily read. I also loathe buyimg something because spare parts are too costly.
 
New racks are the same price as a new unit with lots of push buttons.
Not sure about where you are, but I'm finding you can still get a fairly basic one here if you stick to models in the $400-$600 range. Anything above that, though, yeah. There's even ones that will connect to your home network so you can control them with your Google Assistant or similar.
 
Historically, buy the simplest Bosch dishwasher with a stainless steel tub. Anything more is of questionable value.

But now I hear they are breaking more often.

I've been keeping our Samsung washer and dryer alive with YouTube and Amazon. And a decent set of spanners. Don't buy a Samsung if its not a phone or similar. Never buy a Samsung dishwasher. I'd rather handwash. Outside. In the winter.
 
I've been keeping our Samsung washer and dryer alive with YouTube and Amazon. And a decent set of spanners. Don't buy a Samsung if its not a phone or similar. Never buy a Samsung dishwasher. I'd rather handwash. Outside. In the winter.
Oddly, I think I just ruled out the only Samsung that was in the running. Too many weird extra features to go awry given it was a hundred and something more than a fairly basic Frigidaire (that's a sale price, normally the Samsung is like $300 more). The Bosches I am seeing all seem fairly high end for what we need.
 
The Bosch 300 series is pretty basic and has filled our needs since the pandemic.

The Samsung clogged often. Lots of error messages. Mostly for not draining. Something else went and it was at the curb. Not worth the hassle, and didn't even clean well.

The otr microwave is our second, and the control panel is going. The number 8, it decided, no longer exists. Also, we dont need the defrost setting. We don't agree, but the microwave has the final word.

The Samsung fridge, washer and dryer are next. It's a race. I can't wait to see the result. The fridge makes terrible noises at times, but still cools and freezes. The washing machine randomly refuses to drain, and the filter is clean. The dryer is on heating element no. 4? And I replaced a burnt element wire with a 12 gauge house wire. It's short, so even if the insulation burns off, we live. But it should be oversized for the application. And I soldered the connectors on.

This stuff, man. If we called a repair man for every time I resurrected them, we'd have paid for them three times over.
 
The Bosch 300s I see on Home Depot look pretty loaded to me. Third rack, Home Connect (i.e. Smart dishwasher). I am particularly avoiding smart appliances, which are getting a nasty reputation for trying to connect even when you don't actually consciously connect them. I'm even eyeing my TV (Samsung) suspiciously but no sign of misbehaviour so far.
 
A lot of costs go up because of decision makers blunders ... so big they couldn't deal with them alone ... so a bigger spread takes the brunt.

In some systems they call it the Pede Prin. whatever that means to the perpetrator!

Generally really poorly understood by god 'n all ...
 
I thought Samsung cell phones were the ones that literary went up in flames at some point in the past….
That was the Note 5. It is long gone. In general, their phones and tablets are solid. We have been using them at work for over a decade since BlackBerry ceased to be a viable option. There have been a couple lemons (the S10 was not great) over the years but we have never had anything that dramatic.
 
Not sure about where you are, but I'm finding you can still get a fairly basic one here if you stick to models in the $400-$600 range. Anything above that, though, yeah. There's even ones that will connect to your home network so you can control them with your Google Assistant or simi
 
Back
Top