Random acts of music

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Bob Marley is one of my favourite singers and Redemption Song is one of my favourite songs.

I am not fond of reggae in general, but Bob Marley is definitely in a league of his own by the standards of any genre of music. And I love Redemption Song, too.

I like Reggae. Anyone, even I, can dance to it! Bob Marley is one of the only reggae artists whose songs I know, and whose voices I immediately recognize, though.

I used to have an MP3 player I got for a gift - my brother pre-loaded it with just about every song Bob Marley ever made. And I lost the device about 8 years ago.

Such muse IHC resonates with core organs ... beyond that complexity in neurological stuff ... vaporous? Thus wrinkles in mental space ... deep concepts? May even lead to verge'n on thought ... Eire stuff for those promoting emotions alone ...

Blows my mind as if a strange idiem was breathing across it ... in a straight string ...

25 years after her massive hit album Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette is touring and releasing a new album to celebrate the anniversary. The first single has been getting airplay on radio for a while now, but the video just came out.

And Choir! Choir! Choir! has joined in the celebration with a cover of the powerful You Oughta Know, the first single released from Jagged Little Pill.

And they did get an enthusiastic tweet from Morrissette after this video came out. They have extended an invitation to her to join them some day. Here's hoping.

An even older blast from the past. David Byrne appeared on SNL with an old hit from his Talking Heads days.

Nice to see him still in action. One of the most entertaining and original performers and songwriters of my lifetime.

There's a lot of "sibling bands" in the history of pop music. This is probably my current favorite. Haim are three very talented sisters of that last name. They were on The Tonight Show last night with songs from their upcoming album.

The video for rhe second one, Summer Girl, has been around for a while but I think I like the live version better.

Weird Al Yankovic posted this clip from 1999 on his YouTube channel. It's a parody of Nine Inch Nails in general rather than a specific song, but it's the subject matter that makes it appropriate today.

Dear goddes, gerald finley in another genre. Yummy.

He is amazing, isn't he? I was initially unhappy when he left Ptx but now that I've heard what he's doing solo and they've found another good bass, I'm actually quite pleased with how it worked out.

Finneas won multiple Grammy awards this year, all for producing, engineering, and co-writing his sister's (Billie Eilish) album.

However, he is very talented singer-songwriter in his own right and here's some good evidence for that.

Haley Reinhart and her friend Casey Abrams with a lovely song from her last album, which came out a year ago.

Maya Rae, to whom I was recently introduced by @BethAnne , with an original from her upcoming album. Rather more country than some of her earlier work, but quite good.

This young woman's voice continues to blow my mind. Something about that throaty mezzo-alto voice just grabs me. It's much more musical and powerful than most female pop singers these days.

Back