Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

What is the Great Barrington Declaration?
This is the argument from a small group of prestigious scientists that argue we should all return to our normal ways of life pre Covid and let natural herd immunity take over. There are many more prestigious scientists that argue otherwise, in fact the ones who prefer the no lockdown approach are comparitively low in numbers.
The USA is now considering following the advice of the Barrington Declaration, (as if they haven't already been mostly doing that). But there seem to be major problems with this theory though.
It takes 80% of a population to achieve herd immunity, the USA for example has achieved only around 20% herd immunity with over 200,000 deaths. To reach 80% would put the death rate around over one and a half million. A large price for those over 40 and the high risk group over 60+.......and of course we have to ask if increased deaths are worth a herd immunity that won't last very long.
There is really no evidence that herd immunity is permanent and studies suggest it lasts around 60 days and also no restrictions gives the virus a chance to mutate....which will make it harder to create a vaccine.
Most countries that did achieve eradicating or lowering Covid were those who did mask, strictly followed social distancing and used a tracking system for Covid.....which is actually a proven scientific method of containment and not hypothetical.
I'm posting an article that explains it better than I can but it will also present the Barrington Declaration's reasonings for stopping lockdowns.
Personally I think it's good to know the reasoning behind both.
The following article on the Barrington Declaration is followed by other Covid articles.....I couldn't isolate just the one I'm referring to, but it's all good if you want some further reading about other topics.
Also today on the CBC's, "The Current" discusses the Barrington Declaration with reputable scientists that argue both angles....it's worth a listen in these Covid times.

I think 600 at once would sound eerie. They've probably organized it like a choir with harmonies - I still can't imagine it.

One thing about that crew - they're sure dedicated to their craft.

Neighbours around here will complain if someone's steel playing pop music is too loud. Or when they can here summer rock concerts from the outdoor stadium. I think 600 yodellers would make this city apoplectic.

Last edited:
I think 600 at once would sound eerie. They've probably organized it like a choir with harmonies - I still can't imagine it.

One thing about that crew - they're sure dedicated to their craft.

Neighbours around here will complain if someone's steel playing pop music is too loud. Or when they can here summer rock concerts from the outdoor stadium. I think 600 yodellers would make this city apoplectic.

It would be a loud espousal ... like High Deis or even Heidai ... voice projection!

Not sure if both angles are allowed in this thread ...
I think if one states another view without reams and reams of rhetoric and miles of videos it would be appreciated......in other words be concise with as many facts as you can put into a post that gets straight to the point.
Hope you understand.....or if you need to say much more you could put it into another thread......

I think if one states another view without reams and reams of rhetoric and miles of videos it would be appreciated......in other words be concise with as many facts as you can put into a post that gets straight to the point.
Hope you understand.....or if you need to say much more you could put it into another thread......

Yodeling into the wind?

Last edited:
That guy was just charged under the quarantine Act

Oh, he is welcome to protest in his own province as much as he wants to ( under their provincial regulations)- coming to Atlantic Canada is non-essential travel and requires two weeks of quarantine.

Good article in today’s globe. Following staff for a week in Toronto. The ups and downs and issues of Covid in hospitals

cbc has a health newsletter that comes to me. Article about how Canada, China, Taiwan and Hong king were the only countries with deaths from SARS. So those are the other countries with experience and who we should compare ourselves too. And we come out really badly in comparison

trudeau destroying N95 masks and then not replacing them
shipping PPE to China and not keeping any for ourselves
not closing borders
no testing at airports
not suggesting masks
not discussing aesolization
not getting testing ramped up
not getting a simple message out
not buying instant testing
the issue of telling Canadians that we are too stupid to properly use masks and rapid home tests

and it goes on and on

we are critical of Trump , for some reason we give Trudeau a pass , even though our death rates in seniors is amongst the highest in the world

Would you like some SARS-CoV-2 with your latte?

Yep, we have a declared outbreak in a Starbucks here.

Sounds like the risk of infection is low unless it can be passed on by coffee cups or food preparation....does anyone know of any studies?

Back