Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

These emergency laws ensure that the needs of the collective prevail.
You consider the collective as the Dominating 1% it seems.

Victoria Premier Daniel Andrews has acknowledge that his government was asking a lot of residents with the new level of restrictions which would cause hardship.

Andrews has tweeted extraordinary photographs of Melbourne’s usually busy thoroughfares now eerily empty with a two-word caption: Thank you.

:sick::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Behaviours/rules are different when one is "literally" an island. A country with borders can talk about control/mitigation. A country that is truly an island is different, and the rules can be different. A target of zero is actually possible.

Diversity: what life on earth is like.

Behaviours/rules are different when one is "literally" an island. A country with borders can talk about control/mitigation. A country that is truly an island is different, and the rules can be different. A target of zero is actually possible.

Diversity: what life on earth is like.
Zero freedom?

Australia’s Deputy Chief Medical Officer Michael Kidd urged Australians who live outside Victoria to support family and friends in Melbourne.

“The surprise phone call, an email, a video catch-up, even a card or a letter with positive messages of love or support can make a big difference to our family members and our friends in Victoria who find themselves living under the restrictions,” Kidd said in a nationally televised news conference.

Such a thoughtful Prison Warden!

How would you have reacted in 1917-18, Rita? They absolutely embraced masks, distancing, in the districts where fewer died.

I think that there needs to be such a thing as 'suspension of some human rights", like quarantine restrictions, in a pandemic. You are correct to worry about them persisting, but you might note that this sort of 'neglected suspension' is a more American than Canadian phenom. What residue do you see of the War Measures Act pronounced in '70 in contemporary Canadian politics (aside from a bit of an anarchist trend among Quebecois?).

Total freedom suits fascist and tyrants ... or even bullies ... and then there is the Antifa (described by some as against fascism!

Stone bull ... ??????????? Hard chit to take ...

Seems you are quite in favor of legally exerting control over others ... but just not in Canada?
It's not about "control" of people to me, it's to control the virus that happens to use people to spread. If Canada requires stricter measures, I hope we implement them.
There are all sorts of "legal" controls as you call them, that protect people and I'm sure you follow them.....or do you run red lights often?

It's not about "control" of people to me, it's to control the virus that happens to use people to spread. If Canada requires stricter measures, I hope we implement them.
There are all sorts of "legal" controls as you call them, that protect people and I'm sure you follow them.....or do you run red lights often?

I am no part of your 'we' ... implementing stricter measures will lead to more rebellion ... no amount of red lights or fines or imprisonment will stop a people that have nothing left to lose ... something you may never understand if you have never been on the losing end of the power equation.

Jeez, Louise, Rita, you think you're the only person who has been on the "losing end of the power equation"?

Frig, how privileged do you think 'we' are? Are you some sort of unprivileged 'are not'?

How would you have reacted in 1917-18, Rita? They absolutely embraced masks, distancing, in the districts where fewer died.

I think that there needs to be such a thing as 'suspension of some human rights", like quarantine restrictions, in a pandemic. You are correct to worry about them persisting, but you might note that this sort of 'neglected suspension' is a more American than Canadian phenom. What residue do you see of the War Measures Act pronounced in '70 in contemporary Canadian politics (aside from a bit of an anarchist trend among Quebecois?).
I would not have had access to as much 'recorded' history then as I do now. I guess we will find out this go around if the masks will save the day or not. I think not. I think the virus will be under control when the 1% say it is under control and not before. In the meantime ... the people are perishing ... but hey ... the war with the invisible enemy that is mostly treatable and seldom fatal ... that is what the world needs to stop drop and roll for now! Hail the BS Virus. I care not what laws are written ... history repeats or whatever ... I do not delude myself that a minority of resisters will overcome the powers that be ... but I will be damned if I will become complicit.

Jeez, Louise, Rita, you think you're the only person who has been on the "losing end of the power equation"?

Frig, how privileged do you think 'we' are? Are you some sort of unprivileged 'are not'?
Did I say that? What is with you people always trying to out victim yourselves. It is not about me or you it is about the majoryity of the human race being sacrificed for the few. I am far from the lowest rung on the ladder ... it behooves people of some privilege to stand in solidarity with those without any. That is my motivation for being interested in this whole charade. Will 'we' stand up and defend those with less or will we align ourselves with power. I am on the side of the weakest among us ... knowing full well that they are my equal and deserving of every freedom that I am seeking for them. I have no freedom as an individual if others are not free with me. This is not about my freedom personally .... it is about freedom for everyone.

I am not now and have never been on the losing end of the power equation ... it took me a long time to figure that out though ... and now that I know what I know ... no 'worldly' power of destruction can destroy my spirit of freedom ... I am not alone.

... no amount of red lights or fines or imprisonment will stop a people that have nothing left to lose ...
How truly noble of you......what shall we call your movement RLM and can only those who have nothing to lose, join?

How truly noble of you......what shall we call your movement RLM and can only those who have nothing to lose, join?
You can call it whatever you like ... children's lives matter would be my preference ... they are the ones that will be the losers in the long run ... they are the ones that I am most concerned for ... mock me all you want if it makes you feel better about yourself ... I am doing my best to express my intentions ... obviously I am not making any real headway but at the very least I am getting desensitzed to being ridiculed by those who do not wish to entertain my point of view.

My sister commented the other day that I should stop participating in this forum as it seemed to cause me a lot of anxiety. I said I would quit once I learned how not to let it get to me ... it is still getting to me so I can't give up yet.

I shall overcome!

Back