Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

What do you think of these Germans ...
People mostly without face masks attend a demonstration with the slogan ‚The end of the pandemic - freedom day' - against coronavirus restrictions in Berlin, Germany, Saturday, Aug. 1, 2020. Posters Read: 'Stop it! Enough is enough'.
Yep, 20 000 were demonstrating. In the mix was a large crowd of neo nazis . What I think of them? 1.You gotta be smart who you ally with. ( these ones apparently weren’t) and secondly- in crowds without masks and distancing- there is one reason infections are up. Sadly though, that they can’t be inconvenienced for the benefit of their neighbours.

By the way, Germany has a pretty good social system, so they survived the initial lockdown pretty good. Unfortunately, the wearing of masks which is meant to prevent a second lockdown because they are now following the infected people pretty well, is exactly what those people are against- which would, if all people would not do it, lead to exactly what they don’t want, - another lockdown. So, don’t measure smartness on their protesting behaviour.

wearing of masks which is meant to prevent a second lockdown because they are now following the infected people pretty well, is exactly what those people are against- which would, if all people would not do it, lead to exactly what they don’t want, - another lockdown.
So non compliance with the mandates handed down by the 'authorities' is what causes lockdowns then.

What solution do you recommend?
As the engineers say, understanding the problem is 90 percent of solving it.

The problem as I understand it concentration of privilege in the hands of the few at the expense of the many.

What do you understand the problem to be?

The problem as I understand it concentration of privilege in the hands of the few at the expense of the many.

And that relates to managing covid how? What do you suggest be done? What is your opinion of covid specifically?

Covid is an excellent way of controlling the demos ... since no one else can control those slime!

Last edited:
Covid is an excellent way of controlling the demos ...

Sure. And we need to watch what the powers that be do while we are distracted. We've seen the rich line their pockets during this while others get poorer.

So, is covid created by the powers in your opinion, or are they just taking advantage of it?

Sure. And we need to watch what the powers that be do while we are distracted. We've seen the rich line their pockets during this while others get poorer.

So, is covid created by the powers in your opinion, or are they just taking advantage of it?

Can you imagine such opportunism?

I believe some old sages made statements f prophets ... and the prophets were hated more than profits!

I don't know if they expected covid itself - they expected a pandemic soon (not necessarily a man made one - it'd be more likely to naturally occur) but there were probably powers busy planning how they'd profit when one did come along. (Of course there were...health, all facets of the health industry, are a huge business commodity under capitalism!) Did Bill Gates do that kind of planning in his own interest - with perhaps a micro interest - commensurate with his conscience - in at least doing enough for others that he can appear to be a generous philanthropist? Maybe. Did he orchestrate covid-19 itself? I highly doubt it.

Last edited:
I agree Kimmio. When I worked with a First Nations community 10 years ago, the health director was planning for a pandemic. So planning for a pandemic was wise. I do not believe this was orchestrated. As you said so well, I fully believe people were looking at how they could make money from it. That's pretty sick when you think of it.

Another thought. I do not think Bill Gates was as nephareous as some would have us believe. That means, I do not think he orchestrated this. It's quite possible he is one who considered how he could profit from it.

Seems nepharious itself, though, doesn’t it?

I suppose. It's not as bad though as orchestrating the whole event as some would suggest. We want to demonize Gates when he is a "businessman looking at opportunities". To be clear, I'm not saying that is a good thing.

Back