Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

PilgrimsProgress

On of my friends posted this on facebook - I copied the link - but owing to lack of IT skills not sure if it can be seen?

I saw a tweet, I think it was from a WHO official, about a huge field hospital being built in Wuhan within a few days. Sorry if this has been mentioned already. It is remarkable - also kind of scary - how efficiently their government is managing it. That shows that marshall law affecting large numbers of people can be implemented quickly.

I know somebody who knows somebody who went on vacation to visit family and is now stuck in quarantine over there for the time being. He's not feeling sick apparently.

Last edited:
I found this story very sad but it does open the question of how many could be left unattended during an outbreak of any kind. Is it better to seek out support from family or stay isolated when a global emergency is declared. Who is responsible for the children, elderly, etc... if only the parents are affected? What do you think?

Why was he not taken into quarantine with them? I wonder if they even tested him and/ or if they left him there, sick with the virus, as well. Would they have left a non-disabled youth there alone that way?

Last edited:

Waterfall

I saw a tweet, I think it was from a WHO official, about a huge field hospital being built in Wuhan within a few days. Sorry if this has been mentioned already. It is remarkable - also kind of scary - how efficiently their government is managing it. That shows that marshall law affecting large numbers of people can be implemented quickly.

I know somebody who knows somebody who went on vacation to visit family and is now stuck in quarantine over there for the time being. He's not feeling sick apparently.
Yes the hospital was completed in ten days in Wuhan with 1000 beds and 1400 staff. It took 7500 construction workers to build it. Another hospital in Leishenshan will have 1600 beds and will be finished on Feb. 5th. There are others being built in Bejing and other cities too. This was to relieve their crowded hospitals...but it is now apparent that even these new builds will not provide enough beds. They are also experiencing equipment and medical supply shortages...medicine, ventilators, etc....
Right now in our own country we have patients sleeping in hallways and a shortage of beds under normal circumstances.....should we have a sizable outbreak of the coronavirus I would think our hospitals would be strained, so hopefully the world is paying attention to China.

Luce NDs

Yes the hospital was completed in ten days in Wuhan with 1000 beds and 1400 staff. It took 7500 construction workers to build it. Another hospital in Leishenshan will have 1600 beds and will be finished on Feb. 5th. There are others being built in Bejing and other cities too. This was to relieve their crowded hospitals...but it is now apparent that even these new builds will not provide enough beds. They are also experiencing equipment and medical supply shortages...medicine, ventilators, etc....
Right now in our own country we have patients sleeping in hallways and a shortage of beds under normal circumstances.....should we have a sizable outbreak of the coronavirus I would think our hospitals would be strained, so hopefully the world is paying attention to China.

We must support the well to do in their hopes to be well done by the humble powers!

Waterfall

Waterfall

Why was he not taken into quarantine with them? I wonder if they even tested him and/ or if they left him there, sick with the virus, as well. Would they have left a non-disabled youth there alone that way?
Answers that we many never know, it sounds like a case of a family member being left in charge but then the caregiver became sick and the young man then fell off the radar.
Makes me wonder if there are more children being left unattended without anyone knowing?

Luce NDs

Answers that we many never know, it sounds like a case of a family member being left in charge but then the caregiver became sick and the young man then fell off the radar.
Makes me wonder if there are more children being left unattended without anyone knowing?

What exactly do we know of the larger scale?

Powerful justice will deny it ... leaving us devoid (someone had to do it).

Waterfall

And now the word Pandemic is being tossed around by scientists.

Luce NDs

The deux of demos ... that feeling of dis ease ... uncomfortable? Perhaps it is the leadership of avarice ... just an observation!

Could bring the whole house down into the pits ...

I find it a little unsettling, actually, that their government was able to whip together construction plans, 7500 construction workers, allocate land, and build it in 10 days (and the same is being done in other regions of China). That doesn't add up in real time unless it was pre planned. Maybe they did have such contingency plans in place for a pandemic (still seems too efficient) - but is this really one?

Last edited:

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla-in-law
I find it a little unsettling, actually, that their government was able to whip together construction plans, 7500 construction workers, and build it in 10 days. That doesn't add up in real time unless it was pre planned. Maybe they did have such contingency plans in place for a pandemic (still seems too efficient) - but is this really one?

Likely that's the case (plans in place). Keep in mind that China is now basically a technocracy. While governments here tend to be dominated by lawyers and economic types, many of China's leaders of recent decades have actually trained as engineers so operate in that mindset, which tends to include accounting for contingencies. Top down project management can work wonders in some areas. Shanghai has built something like 13 subway lines in the time Toronto has been talking about expanding one.

Likely that's the case (plans in place). Keep in mind that China is now basically a technocracy. While governments here tend to be dominated by lawyers and economic types, many of China's leaders of recent decades have actually trained as engineers so operate in that mindset, which tends to include accounting for contingencies. Top down project management can work wonders in some areas. Shanghai has built something like 13 subway lines in the time Toronto has been talking about expanding one.
There's a big down side to that top down technocratic thinking, though.

Waterfall

Plus, back in 2003 they had built hospitals for the SARS outbreak quite fast.

Luce NDs

Imagine forward thinking type beyond the law and economics as the entire thing implodes (a type of tyrannical collapse)! The insecurity of damocles/demacles ... earthy type!

Say this "pandemic" runs its course in the next month or few months...what do they do with the hospitals and the land...and who are the 7500 workers?

Luce NDs

Say this "pandemic" runs its course in the next month or few months...what do they do with the hospitals and the land...and who are the 7500 workers?

Industrialize them ...?

Into spots to innovate canon ... so much stoned bull? Thus cast ...