Meanwhile in Korea

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, our censor-bot is asleep at the switch:nerd:. Anyhow, this conversation has kind of drifted away from Korea so perhaps we can continue it elsewhere.

EDIT: I was wrong. Censor-bot isn't sleeping, censor-bot is stupid. Apparently we have have to program both the singular and plural, else it only sees the one we program.

Apparently, our censor-bot is asleep at the switch:nerd:. Anyhow, this conversation has kind of drifted away from Korea so perhaps we can continue it elsewhere.

EDIT: I was wrong. Censor-bot isn't sleeping, censor-bot is stupid. Apparently we have have to program both the singular and plural, else it only sees the one we program.
haha I keep forgetting we have it!

With an Instagram filter that makes everything look like a second grade construction paper art project.

I mean, seriously Jae. A clear picture of a car mat would be more illustrative of life in Korea than anything you've posted with your s**tty camera filters.

With an Instagram filter that makes everything look like a second grade construction paper art project.

I mean, seriously Jae. A clear picture of a car mat would be more illustrative of life in Korea than anything you've posted with your s**tty camera filters.

No Instagram filters. Pixlr. ;)

What does “Lotte” mean Jae?

From Wikipedia... "The source of the company's name is neither Korean nor Japanese, but German. Shigemitsu was impressed with Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's The Sorrows of Young Werther (1774) and named his newly founded company Lotte after the character Charlotte[3][4] in the novel ("Charlotte" is also the name of a new brand of deluxe movie theatres run by Lotte). Lotte's current marketing slogan in Japan is "The sweetheart of your mouth, Lotte" (お口の恋人,ロッテ Okuchi no koibito, Rotte)."

Like the biblical lot ... underground bunching ... Greek hellenistic sinkhole ... out of that a whistling aura ... bat's getting on ...

From Wikipedia... "The source of the company's name is neither Korean nor Japanese, but German. Shigemitsu was impressed with Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's The Sorrows of Young Werther (1774) and named his newly founded company Lotte after the character Charlotte[3][4] in the novel ("Charlotte" is also the name of a new brand of deluxe movie theatres run by Lotte). Lotte's current marketing slogan in Japan is "The sweetheart of your mouth, Lotte" (お口の恋人,ロッテ Okuchi no koibito, Rotte)."
That’s surprising. I did find it “ sounded German”, but would not have thought that there was any connection. I suppose the Goetheinstitutes have more influence around the world than I imagined.
I am also surprised that it looks not very crowded on your pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back