Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I also bought an apple fritter

My son used to buy his fancy whole-bean coffee at a roastery that's in the farmer's market at Western Fair here in London. Right next to the door from the main parking lot was a stall for a Central European bakery (maybe Polish, I forget) that made fritters to die for. Apple, peach, and a couple others, I think. So we would pick up his coffee and then get fritters on the way out.

My son used to buy his fancy whole-bean coffee at a roastery that's in the farmer's market at Western Fair here in London. Right next to the door from the main parking lot was a stall for a Central European bakery (maybe Polish, I forget) that made fritters to die for. Apple, peach, and a couple others, I think. So we would pick up his coffee and then get fritters on the way out.
I haven't had a peach fritter in forever!

BethAnne we have found internet providers are pretty flexible at lowering costs or upping options with a few hearty complaints and asking to speak to supervisors

BethAnne we have found internet providers are pretty flexible at lowering costs or upping options with a few hearty complaints and asking to speak to supervisors
Oh they were more than happy to up options (for an increased fee!) to keep me and I never did get to a supervisor - got shuttled around to other personnel - so gave up trying.

Frankly, Bell is most f-ing useless telco in Canada and the more business they lose, the happier I get. At work, we use them as little as possible now. Basically, only where there is no other option. So I'm good with BA ditching them.

Personally, I think the problem is that they are TOO trained and are thus incapable of thinking on their own and dealing with customers as people

Funny ... I served breakfast to several NB Tel Executives that got golden parachutes when Bell bought up NB Tel!

Their comment was that running a telephone company was the least capability of mah Bell! Meh ...

just got off a great Zoom call with my two Aussie buddies from the year-long mentorship program - when we started just under 6 months ago (oh my gosh, how can it be 6 months?!) we talked 30 - 40 mins...each call in the past month has gotten longer and longer because we have so much fun...and my connection was MUCH better with the Telus hub (Bell hub kept cutting out after an hour)

Seems Facebook doesn't like this issue and claims I'm violating their standards :p

Facebook has standards? Could have fooled me. :rolleyes:

Social media use algorithms rather than human moderators, so probably some key words in the right proximity tripped it or something.

Facebook has standards? Could have fooled me. :rolleyes:

Social media use algorithms rather than human moderators, so probably some key words in the right proximity tripped it or something.
I have no idea what tripped the algorithm this time...pity there isn't a human you can contact to discuss it

Smoke starting to get more noticeable (cough, cough)...dug all the potatoes - not many this year :( - and pulled some carrots...took just over half of the potatoes and most of the carrots (because I still have lots in the garden) to my sister + a handful of beets...good chat with my niece - she's had a growth spurt! - and I showed her my first cartoon/comic drawings.

The air is clearer here today and my lungs appreciate that. I hope people east of us have relief from the smoke soon. I'm having a lazy day working on a sweater today. I'm hoping to get it finished soon.

to add to the whole smoke situation, my next door neighbour is burning some branches/leaves in their outdoor fire pit

to add to the whole smoke situation, my next door neighbour is burning some branches/leaves in their outdoor fire pit

We have people with those outdoor fireplace things who stink up the neighborhood on cool summer nights. And while our fireplace is gas, there are still quite a few houses with old school wood ones that are sometimes a bit indiscriminate in how they use them.

Back