Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I think it was LAST year (or the year before) that my niece was told in school that every family has a vet so she wondered if that meant that I had one too - she was surprise we had the same ones

I think it was LAST year (or the year before) that my niece was told in school that every family has a vet so she wondered if that meant that I had one too - she was surprise we had the same ones

Not many in my family tree. My great-uncle Cecil was the only one I know of. And he was an engineer so never saw action, just worked behind the lines (stationed in the UK).

Not many in my family tree. My great-uncle Cecil was the only one I know of. And he was an engineer so never saw action, just worked behind the lines (stationed in the UK).
On Dad's side, my grandpa trained the recruits before they went overseas in WWI...my uncle was overseas in WW2 and got gassed and died in 1946...and I have a great-uncle on mom's side who went overseas in WW2

Dad was too young, and then exempt as a farmer during WW2, and then failed the medical when he went to enlist for Korea

My father was in the navy. He loved ships, and had several pictures of them in the house. But he soon learned that he got sick - stayed that way. When he got home, he took down the pictures of ships.
My uncle was at Dieppe and D-Day as a mine detector. He loved every minute, and talked of nothing else for the rest of his life.

My Dad was in WWII, but he never saw action either. He was an Instructor in the Maritimes.

What cut in?
Some news (?) show...they did go back to the Remembrance Day coverage but bumped us from Calgary's to Edmonton's - thankfully the official ceremony part was over and it was just the commentary part I missed.

• Sad
Reactions: Jae
Back