I Hate CBC Host Changes

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
I know this is absolutely normal, I get that people have to retire, but I hate changes in my 'normal' CBC line-up.

Now, how can Tim Tam possibly retire? Is there Jazz without him?

And, they've thrown a "this is my (pop) music" where Vinyl Cafe used to be. Was there some sense/rationale to that?

Anyone else know how they would run the CBC?

What? Tim's retiring? Hasn't been that long since Katie Malloch retired and he started doing Tonic full time. To be fair, though, some of us said the same thing when Ross Porter left the airwaves and, yet, jazz continued to be a CBC 2 staple under Tim and Katie so I imagine this story is far from over.

I'm still not used to Alan Maitland not being Host anymore...

Dont u worry, the beatings at CBC will continue until morale improves

(and unconscious and racial bias training will still be at CBC...the komerades must follow the Party line after all)

Ir retrievals into the essence of Pas'over ... disappearance into thin Eire ... that tall dark alien ... time machinations ... as'pun ...

All that was left was some smeared icons ... not for those despising signs as iconoclast ... and burning of myths ... pop I'z as bumps in the log?

Contrary to the grain?

And Stuart McLean. And soon, Peter Mansbridge. When I hear the new, younger voices, I don't even remember their names. I don't even try to.

Tom Power (currently on Q) is one of the best of the new crowd, I think, at least on radio.

Don't watch CBC TV much anymore, but Mrs. M watches the National so I see it with her occasionally. Peter retiring is definitely a bit of a milestone. I remember well when he took over from Knowlton Nash.

oh geez - I must be getting old. Just came home from church, enjoying my lunch, turned on CBC radio - the topic of discussion is women's body hair, including 'the bush' - women's personal grooming - to wax or not to wax, what does body hair represent ... somehow personal pubic hygiene is not my idea of good lunch time listening!!

oh geez - I must be getting old. Just came home from church, enjoying my lunch, turned on CBC radio - the topic of discussion is women's body hair, including 'the bush' - women's personal grooming - to wax or not to wax, what does body hair represent ... somehow personal pubic hygiene is not my idea of good lunch time listening!!
My giggle for the day!

Back to the hosts - don't like Matt Galloway's style - he seems to enter interviews with an adversarial agenda, and doesn't listen or have conversation, just goes to his list of questions & can be quite insistent on his 'point' - which I don't really appreciate as a style for the morning show I listen to upon waking in the morning. Oh my, I'm sounding grouchy! I do miss the more conversational tone taken my many of the 'older' interviewers.

Back to the hosts - don't like Matt Galloway's style - he seems to enter interviews with an adversarial agenda, and doesn't listen or have conversation, just goes to his list of questions & can be quite insistent on his 'point' - which I don't really appreciate as a style for the morning show I listen to upon waking in the morning. Oh my, I'm sounding grouchy! I do miss the more conversational tone taken my many of the 'older' interviewers.

Haven't listened to Metro Morning in eons. We used to get Ontario Morning with Wei Chen here. She's pretty good. However, the CBC finally opened up a full studio in London (rather than just a news bureau) and as of a couple weeks ago, we now have our own morning show with the very original name of "London Morning". :D Don't get to hear much of it myself so I'm not that familiar with the host (Rebecca Zandbergen) yet.

Not to derail the thread, but there was a similar thing a few years back in Canadian Living magazine. Yes, that's right, an article about "the bush" alongside recipes and home decorating tips. I couldn't believe I was reading about Brazilian waxing in Canadian Living.

Back to the CBC now . . .

Haven't listened to Metro Morning in eons. We used to get Ontario Morning with Wei Chen here. She's pretty good. However, the CBC finally opened up a full studio in London (rather than just a news bureau) and as of a couple weeks ago, we now have our own morning show with the very original name of "London Morning". :D Don't get to hear much of it myself so I'm not that familiar with the host (Rebecca Zandbergen) yet.
Yes, I saw that announcement about London joining the big time ;)

Don't get to hear much of it myself so I'm not that familiar with the host (Rebecca Zandbergen) yet.

Rebecca used to be in BC. I think she was involved with the island afternoon show. I liked her and wondered where she went.

One host change was very welcome. I was glad to see a notorious host of Q go. I never did like him.

Omg my dad and i saw a similar show on CBC?
The both of us were LAUGHING-esp when one of the male hosts had their first toe waxing...
It was soooooo bizarre
(There were even these line drawings illustrating the different shapes)

Back