Help ! Once again I need help with my Dragon.

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

It might be a good idea to ask her to show you how to fix it yourself, then her services won't always be required.

True Waterfall! I always write those things down somewhere - absolute step by micro step! Then the challenge is remember where I put the reminder!! LOL

It turns out that the two-person company 'The Computer Girls' has grown into a 10 person company. Chris is a handsome young man who understands computers even with dragons.

He waited while I turned on my computer with my password. He sat down and started pressing keys. Not wanting to bother him, I sat down at the other end of the table and read the newspaper, available if he had questions. Before long I could hear him dictating 'the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog'. Then he called me over and had me read a practice paragraph to help the Dragon to recognize my voice. It was the same paragraph I read several times while trying to follow the suggestions given by my Wonder-friends. Then he had me dictate some of the things that I would ordinary do. It worked perfectly. He explained what he had found (somehow the profile of my voice had been turned down very low and the Dragon couldn't hear me).

He showed me how he had reset the volume for me, and answered a few questions before turning the mic off. He wrote out the bill; I wrote a cheque for $80. He explained that he would make notes and put it in my file and if the problem ever reoccurs and I can't remember what to do I can phone and they will walk me through it.
As he prepared to leave I sat down and turned on the mic and said a few words – nothing. Just like before.

So he sat down again, and worked another half hour. It seemed every time the mic was turned off, it reset to 'low volume'. Eventually he got into except my voice at speaking level as the default. It's working fine now. I'm dictating this.

I can well understand why a person has to sit at the computer when trying to fix it, but I appreciated all of your efforts.

No charge for the extra half hour.

Last edited:
Computers are dark djinns ... strange critters that sometimes simulate dragons ... although many don;t believe in dragons and Shaytan!

It is beyond me ... I admit it ... albeit some authorities believe nothing is beyond M ... thus upsetting God as a "W" omeg awed ...

Kristofferson ... on Sunday Mourning is coming down ... dragon words enter in ... a fiery message?

Rising flames may wake something in us ... good lowered my son ET is ... and the Shades fall ... Shadowy messages ... of light gone by!

All disposed in the darkness of soul ...

As Louis said: "If you don't got some ... gotta ask!" Authorities deny that ...

Is Armageddon a self imposed conception? Burning enigmas ...

I spoke too soon. Within a couple of days the dragon was not working again. I phoned Chris and he suggested that I bring it into the shop. Three days later I got a call that it was ready for pickup. Apparently he had worked long and hard at it but managed to lock in the profile of my voice and dictating style. No charge. He had indicated when he was at the house that he had limited experience with the Dragon, and that he was learning as he worked on mine and saw how I used it. So perhaps it was a good learning experience for him.
Anyway it's working great now, and I know who to call if I have major problems again.

Back