Forgive me, but.....

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

A FB friend is highly vocal as an autism advocate. Apparently Autism Speaks doesn't speak for her! Despite being in a province where autistic people communicate with each other NO ONE was told about the latest discussions. NO ONE was offered an opportunity to address the needs of local autistics. In general these needs aren't what gets funding. Money going to Autism Speaks seems to disappear into salaries, travel, office expenses and does nothing to provide services that autistic people want. I am not involved in any of this but I do see and hear lot of frustration.

It is not news to many in the various Autism Communities serving Canada.

That is an issue for a group that claims to be about advocacy. Especially when there are articulate individuals on the Autism Spectrum of Disorders. A very difficult criticism of Autism Speaks is that they refuse to acknowledge the high functioning end of the Spectrum and tend to paint Autism as a tragedy to be avoided at all costs rather than neurodiversity.

Can't take any Autism Advocacy group that supports Wakefield's discredited study.
That's a cross-disability problem, and a problem with the medical model of disability.

No disability ... just autonomous thinking about how things fixed can be moved ... thus the stoning of Lady Wisdom (western Wahl) and she clammed up as Moloch and Tyre ... perhaps Moe (that big-eyed) girl form way out observing from a distance ...

Those in the party would see or observe her as the external spark ... she could set off a gas party ... fu gas Seder, or foo ga citii creating a purple glow ... in essence not reality as UV ben had ... captive by abstracts?

Something to look into and recompose? Could that be bred from the Pan ... or just flat out Ms. conceived ... if ole 'd a bit Tae 'd off?

There may be Moor coming ... with hounds ...

Then what's the point?

The point: If we want marine protected areas to be truly protected, we need a government committed to that principle and I don't see that in either the Liberals or the Conservatives. Maybe the NDP, though environmentalism sometimes seems like a "flavour of the month" with them and gets short shrift as soon as union jobs are involved. Which leaves the Greens, who might actually do something about it.

I share your disappointment with the NDP. It abandoned its principles so it could get funding from the unions. And that was a very bad idea.Sadly enough, that was the idea of the most hard-nosed (I thought) of the old CCF - Stephen Lewis.

More sadly, I don't think the Greens come anywhere close to having power or being useful. It's not just a matter of getting environmentally conscious. It's also matter of having a very broad sense of political purpose - and the Greens don't have that. We would have to think of a union of Greens and NDP with a considerable broadening of the goals of both of them.

I often think, very sadly, of the supper I had with Lewis as he tried to justify what he had done. But I never thought the NDP would get t his bad.

The most crucial being the removal of criminal prosecution, from doctors, for killing disabled people, the next being giving doctors authority to interpret the law as to who qualifies. The Nazis called people with disabilities "useless eaters". The first person to die was a child whose parent asked Hitler to perform a mercy killing. He appointed his doctor to the case. Over the months and years the "program" expanded to adults, and those who did the deed were called compassionate and just and patriotic.

However, we simply just put out a budget report reassuring people that medically assisted dying will not cost more...surprise, it's actually saving lots of money! Imagine that. Oh how compassionate and just we are. I know you think my concern is selective Christianity but war and genocide tend to go together. We can't call something genocide if people volunteer for it - so, I won't - but I still find it suspect and deserving of rigorous attention on the home front.

• Multiple studies show that people with disabilities, senior citizens, poor people, and people of color are more likely to be mistreated by medical professionals, and the likelihood of being mistreated increases if family members view them as an emotional or financial burden.
  • When it comes to assisted suicide, we see in states like Oregon, where assisted suicide has been legal for two decades, the percentage of Oregon deaths attributed to a patient’s reluctance to “burden” their families rose from 13 percent in 1998 to 40 percent in 2014.
  • This reveals that the right to die “option” for some vulnerable populations has quickly become more like a duty to die.
Assisted Suicide Laws Are Creating A 'Duty-To-Die' Medical Culture

• Multiple studies show that people with disabilities, senior citizens, poor people, and people of color are more likely to be mistreated by medical professionals, and the likelihood of being mistreated increases if family members view them as an emotional or financial burden.
  • When it comes to assisted suicide, we see in states like Oregon, where assisted suicide has been legal for two decades, the percentage of Oregon deaths attributed to a patient’s reluctance to “burden” their families rose from 13 percent in 1998 to 40 percent in 2014.
  • This reveals that the right to die “option” for some vulnerable populations has quickly become more like a duty to die.
Women with disabilities are also 83% more likely to be sexually assaulted. (also, those dependent on care, mistreated, physically and mentally. I don't know the stats off the top of my head but it's real) People with disabilities often experience compounded inequality. (Think, woman of colour with a disability).

We hate frailty ... and everyone should be strong ... thus the underlying intellect as put down as too humble ... inflates until all are hated and thus ends are required ... a controlling grace or gratuity as a given? Adonute ... and it was donned as donated ... Doris or Donnata? They way to 'eL ... tis a burning delight at the end ... life leaving me a bit cold towards it ... cool thoughts?

Some balance may be required to tip thermodynamics ...

Back