Fire and Fury

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

My joke was in the context of Trump in Trump world. I didn't intend to insult everyone who struggles with mental illness. I struggle with anxiety and depression and physical disability - and I don't mind a joke as long as it's not at the expense of the marginalized or to make fun of being marginalized and oppressed - which I don't see Trump as being. He's the opposite. To me, if anyone is harming the cause of mental illness, he is - by cutting healthcare, by not being accountable for his risky behaviour right now that affects the world or anything else. That's about him not everyone with mental illness. I need to laugh to cope with what's going on in the world, with Trump, etc. but not everyone does. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Last edited:
If you can take it as a joke - but not if it you can't (Definately NSFW)...Look up Scary Movie 4 - Leslie Neilson (as POTUS) in the WH and Leslie Neilson at the UN. It's politically incorrect, bigoted, offensive, crude, disconcerting, immature humour...and strangely subversive and poignant. Prophetic, even. In fact, I'm not sure whether the political reality is all that much much less weird these days.

Last edited:
My joke was in the context of Trump in Trump world. I didn't intend to insult everyone who struggles with mental illness. I struggle with anxiety and depression and physical disability - and I don't mind a joke as long as it's not at the expense of the marginalized or to make fun of being marginalized and oppressed - which I don't see Trump as being. He's the opposite. To me, if anyone is harming the cause of mental illness, he is - by cutting healthcare, by not being accountable for his risky behaviour right now that affects the world or anything else. That's about him not everyone with mental illness. I need to laugh to cope with what's going on in the world, with Trump, etc. but not everyone does. I am sorry if I offended anyone.
Personally, Kimmio, I was not offended. However, thank you for your apology to those who were. Can everyone please move on. Three pages on almost nothing but this is definitely overkill in my opinion.

Humour is a dark du Oz ... some see it dark some see it light ... depending on which side of the vale you're on at the time ... and whether top or bottom of the abstract zone ...

Anybody check on the colour and definition of abstract ... is that diverse? Thus the need for two words to contain it ... bi something or other not found as yet!

Eternal is quite dark ... and within the eternal this small strange mortal development ... life as it goes 't!

That's odd enough in my sense of uncertainty ... and when I look up at night the whole thing goes round ... looking down in the daytime ... you can't really tell!

Anyone in the mental health field want to weigh in on this? I rather suspect that "bipolar disorder" and "narcissistic personality disorder" might be oxymoronic. Not because of the mania of bipolar, which can have psychotic elements, but because of the deep depressions that are, by their very nature, horrifyingly introspective.

We're apparently psycho-analyzing Trump in the hopes that this will somehow avoid a nuclear war...

Human error cannot go on without hope that the investigation of the flaw can expose riches ... possibly a flaw because it all arrives to conclusions in this imaginary state we call mind and deny in the light of powerful desires ...

And there it is where thoughts extracted go ... out there into the abstract ...

Tis a dark place indeed considering the excess politic involved in the stir ... a kind of weird primal stew? Resembles the night's kye ... or Kay if you vary the spell as a fixated perspective when ... alas thoughts creep ... simulating conspiracy ... theoretically!

The existence of mind is generally accepted as in doubt ...

Okay okay, we know Trump isn't right. Can we please stay on track here, this thread is starting to veer away from the topic.
Ty Waterfall
When people start taking all these written words so solemnly so that they start eating their own young
That is definitely time to take a break

So, anyone going to try 2 watch The Mooch on Mondayz Colbert?

We're apparently psycho-analyzing Trump in the hopes that this will somehow avoid a nuclear war...
I don't think that the hope is to avoid nuclear war. I do think we're all trying to understand Trump and what motivates him. For what it's worth I'd say there are broadly two possibilities (and possibly three, as both could be at play together.)

1) Trump does have some type of mental illness or personality disorder that's being manifested in this way. I personally wouldn't say he's bi-polar. His attitude and behaviour are too consistent. I've seen the manic side, but not the depressive side. I do think that one can make a case for narcissistic personality disorder. One irony is that narcissists are often people with low self esteem - and they compensate for their low self esteem through an inflated ego and braggadocio. They often become bullies. They find the smallest or weakest or most isolated and pick on them - which feeds the ego and makes them seem tough. So, in this case, Trump sees North Korea as a small country that even with nuclear weapons really isn't much of a threat to the United States and he ratchets up the rhetoric against them, making him seem strong and tough.

2) Trump is actually a master political tactician. Let's not dismiss that too easily. He showed that he knows how to build a coalition. He wasn't considered a serious threat to be elected president, but he identified a constituency that wasn't committed to anyone else, he developed a message that appealed to them, he brought them on board, used them to take over the Republican Party and then rode the Republican Party machinery to power. Now, in the case of North Korea, he's invented a threat (because, as many have pointed out, the threat has been there through successive presidents, Republican and Democrat.) All of a sudden - the news media that were fixated on Russia now barely mention Russia. All of a sudden, Trump's base is thrilled with him, whatever other failures he may have suffered. And - he's probably aware that people tend to put aside partisan differences in times of international crisis and rally around the president. We'll have to wait to see if there's a bump in Trump's approval ratings. (Remember that Bill Clinton even managed to delay the House vote to impeach him by a few days by attacking Iraq - and, as even Republicans agreed, you can't impeach a president during an international crisis!)

As I said, both scenarios could well be at play here.

Last edited:
@revsdd I've been wondering about the president's strategies lately. I've been wondering if he is actually a master tactician. That's actually scary for me to contemplate. I've also been considering the role of the media in his reputation. I have always recognized that media does slant things. I guess I'm rethinking the narrative.

I hope this isn't me being apathetic.

I suppose time will tell.

@revsdd I've been wondering about the president's strategies lately. I've been wondering if he is actually a master tactician. That's actually scary for me to contemplate. I've also been considering the role of the media in his reputation. I have always recognized that media does slant things. I guess I'm rethinking the narrative.

I hope this isn't me being apathetic.

I suppose time will tell.
There are a lot of people who just want to dismiss him and denigrate him, but before anybody simply dismisses or denigrates him you have to remember: HE'S THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! I honestly don't think that was just a matter of luck. And even if you credit the strategy to others - only Trump could pull off the style that accompanied the strategy. He might be an obnoxious loud mouth most of the time - but he got elected. Of course, that doesn't make him less dangerous, and it might, in fact, make him even more dangerous.

Churchill, who enthralled me as a teenager with History of the English speaking Peoples was quite an orator. He was a also a thorough murderer in service of the wealthy. That sums up his whole political career. He allowed millions to die in India though the food was available. (He said, in a speech that is rarely quoted, that is was their own fault for starving because they were breeding like rabbits.)
The British people voted against him as the war was ending. For all the wartime propaganda, they knew he didn't give a damn about anybody except the wealthy.
He can also be cited as the originator of the deliberate, mass bombing of civilians. He developed it long before Hitler used it on Guernica.

On the bright side...it's 3 pages. :confused:

Anyway, I'm taking Inanna's advice and taking a break from here.

More separatory discrimination because of the environment ... Trump say its bull ...
We live in complete imagination ... fictitiously awaiting something to get better ...

Possibly on the other side of the great divide ... abysmal really ...

Back