...Continuing Building a Mystery on this Day of Days Towards Gratitude...

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Delightful Life

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
And the singing continues:

She's a Killer Queen
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime
felt so good, like anything was possible
runnin' down a dream
Building a mystery
Home
To a new and a shiny place
Make our bed and we'll say our grace
Freedom's light burning warm

Today

(Lyric mashup of Building a Mystery by Sarah McLachlin, Killer Queen by Queen, Runnin Down a Dream by Tom Petty and Coming to America by Neil Diamond)

(Lyric mashup of Building a Mystery by Sarah McLachlin, Killer Queen by Queen, Runnin Down a Dream by Tom Petty and Coming to America by Neil Diamond)
Merry Thanksgiving 2021!!!
ps hallo again fellow convivial sentients :3

oh and i really like this usage of the term Worship
by Olaf Stapledon
"Worship. At the risk of raising thunder on the Left, I have used this word to designate an emotional attitude or activity which I believe to be extremely important, and to be the essential meaning which the common debased use of the word has obscured. [All emotion is an attitude or activity consequent on valuing something or other either actually enjoyed or merely needed. Sometimes what is valued is a simple bodily activity; sometimes it is something demanding more developed powers of apprehension, for instance, personal triumph, or the well-being of another individual, or of a community. More developed emotion, though always woven of simple emotional responses to primitive situations, such as hunger, and danger, becomes complicated and refined in relation to more subtle situations, such as personal and social relationships, adequately cognised. Now we may adopt, or strive to adopt, an emotional attitude appropriate not merely to personal or social relations but to our relation to our experienced universe as a whole. I suggest that this attitude, when it really is appropriate, is the most significant meaning of the word ‘worship’.] I should describe the essence of worship as the attempt to see and feel all experienced things not merely from the private or even the racial point of view but from the universal point of view. It is a prizing of the whole of things (so far as revealed) not as means to personal or racial advancement, but for its own sake. ‘The whole of things’ needs qualification. Perhaps the activity which I am calling ‘worship’ is an appreciation not precisely of the whole of experienced things, but rather of an attribute or essence that is experienced as characteristic of all particular existents. Metaphorically this essence might be called the ‘spirit of the whole’."

all that lives is holy
life delights in life indeed

Interesting observation. An interesting observation back: I am not a "crying" person. It happens to me rarely in everyday life, more often in anger, actually, than in grief. However, in the sanctuary of a "right" church (for me - one that engages/moves me in some way, and it's more academic than emotional), I often find myself silently weeping.

Reading the statement by Olaf Stapledon reminded me of The Jesus Incident by Herbert in which Ship has spent millions of years asking the people to worship. On their last chance planet, the settlers come to see the local inhabitants who are very not human as part of us, not others.

The most important guideline for a spiritual quest: It is easier to feel your way to God than to think your way to God.
This is true despite the ephemeral and often shallow and misleading aspect of many emotions. For there is such a thing as holy emotions (e. g. awe, wonder, reverential fear, powerful transcendent love in the face of mystery, etc.). For me, the most sacred moments in life have the feel of being strategically ambushed by God at just the right moment of need.

Reading the statement by Olaf Stapledon reminded me of The Jesus Incident by Herbert in which Ship has spent millions of years asking the people to worship. On their last chance planet, the settlers come to see the local inhabitants who are very not human as part of us, not others.
Starting to get to know Olaf--finding oot he is more than an SF writer

and oh good times the Jesus Incident series :3 i think i read those and Whipping Star when i discovered Frankie on a used book rack on a Faerie (our province IS Supernatural BC after all *waggles eyebrows*) Dune it was but i couldnt get through all the osmium-density words lol

good to see yas still sauntering aboot

The most important guideline for a spiritual quest: It is easier to feel your way to God than to think your way to God.
This is true despite the ephemeral and often shallow and misleading aspect of many emotions. For there is such a thing as holy emotions (e. g. awe, wonder, reverential fear, powerful transcendent love in the face of mystery, etc.). For me, the most sacred moments in life have the feel of being strategically ambushed by God at just the right moment of need.
hello again :3

i LOVE that bit
"being strategically ambushed by God"
can i quote it?

hello again :3

i LOVE that bit
"being strategically ambushed by God"
can i quote it?
Of course! I first experienced such a divine ambush" at age 6. My parents expected me to sit through a long worship service that I couldn't
understand. So I squirmed, moved around, and complained until finally my exasperated parents stayed at home one sunny July Sunday, much
to my relief. Instead of boring church, I could bomb up and down the block on my little tricycle. At the end of the block my attention was seized by the bright reflection of sunlight off the newly polished blue Chevy with big tailfins parked behind the Jewish shoe store. I had never seen a more beautiful sight! Once I was satiated by gazing at it in awe, I rode to the other end of the block to reflect on this and then returned for a 2nd look. But this
time something within urged me to shift my gaze to a patch of blue sky near the sun. When I looked up, I was "ambushed" by wave after wave of liquid love surging through my being. It was my first experience of God whom I suddenly thought was crazy about me and I was so grateful!

I ust have mshared my experience with my little playmates because their parents approached my parents to express gratitude for my powerful witness to their children. I wish I could recall what I said to them about God in my innocent theological ignorance. I don't think my parents realized how important it was to keep my home from church for only that fateful Sunday.

I still disliked the long Sunday service. So I snuck out to buy life savers at the little grocery store across the street from the church. I tried to browse the comic books, but the store owner kicked me out when I failed to buy any of them. Once outside, I pondered the meaning of life and my transforming encounter with God.

The first ambush I remember clearly was in a classroom in grade 9. I believe there have been many inerventions since then. Thank you, Delightful Life, for the expression.

I had an ambush when becoming sentient to the thundering left wing needed balance without sacrificing the entire thing as wholly!

"Word" ... infrequent use during spells of silence that penetrates like spills ... when baffled by the alien barriers ... in many curiosity is lost due to the fear factor!

Fear is worshipped in considerable sects ...

Perhaps worth pondering ...

I still disliked the long Sunday service.
Sunday services are not for mystics, eh. I largely agree, though, that one cannot reason oneself into believing. Reason helps one understand God and what one believes, but it does not necessarily lead to belief no matter what apologists like Francis Collins and C. S. Lewis think. Mystical experience, or at least deep insight, is what leads to faith.

That said, if God is ambushing me, they are bloody incompetent at it. Or I am even more dense than I realized.:whistle: :LOL:

I can't say that I have had any experience that had me going, "Wow, God." Experiences of wonder at the world around me or awe at the beauty of it, but none of that resonated as the act of a Creator, just the world in all its glory. They feed my pantheism, my sense of Nature/Cosmos as a thing of wonder and beauty to be worshipped and celebrated, but not a belief in a transcendent personal Deity.

Imagine being awed at the entire thing as it is found out there! No denial allowed ... and even the Black Hole was assimilated ... providing a place for extensive permutations and compilations as stacked ... integration?

Would that psssssst doff the segregationist mind that believed they were chosen beta ... second rate winds from those fans on the 'illside ...

They cannot read into the great code composed of much of dark and abstract insubstantial leads ... performing as Ra's (defined as marks in the tree according to carpenter's and woodsmen)! The tree is critical in the study of dendrology ... and there we may hole up ...

Is feeling your way to god easier than the Job of sentience about how some some damage is done by thoughtless desires?

Is that a forceful thing that comes from force directions in some blind charges? May resemble a cannonball ... a heavy essence ...

There are some interesting theories about things without volume or mass ... like psyche go rounds! Mental blasts on the mutual sense of demiurge? Is that sentient drip ...

Something more to ponder ... digest, etc. Does God have a sol, mind, psyche faction to the construct? In some traditions that'd be Eire ... madness to those against knowledge and wisdom ... a breeze if you love learning of the great extent of ... you know!

Some folks hate learning in any sense of sensation and feeling about learning fresh ideas! Imagine an abstract projection ... counter point; like Λ vs V in a tight niche! Noos 'd ... related to NU 'd or node!

The great code goes on without understanding ... is that rational? But it is a wonder ...

Last edited:
Back