Coming Soon: New editor

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Happy headbanging ape!!
Pronouns
He/Him/His
As part of upgrading the Xenforo software, we are also getting a new version of the editor they use (a third party product called Froala). It's a "cleaner, leaner" look that I am not totally sold on myself. The button bars are organized differently (a lot more buttons buried on the three dot extensions) so you may need to do some hunting for your favorites (I will probably do some tweaking, esp. if I get feedback that something is in the "wrong" spot). Preview is now a "tab" in the top right corner instead of a button.

1601730791863.png

The three dots at the end of each section of the buttonbar expand that section to show buttons that are hidden by default. Below, I clicked the circled three dots to expand the section that contains the Quote, Media, etc. buttons.

1601731290253.png

And the editor for starting a thread. This will vary a bit depending on which thread types are allowed in a given forum. To change thread type, you click on the tab for the thread type you want (e.g. to do a poll, click on the poll tab).

1601732690253.png

One thing that bugs me in most editors, including this one, is the inability to use a hard space between words. If one wants to keep two words together (as in 90 km where you want to make sure the number and unit stays on the same line), a simple trick is to type a non-breaking space (code ALT-160 in Windows, or UTF code 0080).

Yet, it works in LibreOffice, Word, Excel, etc. and even in plain text editors. But why do web editors insist on replacing the hard space by a regular one? If it is a configurable setting, can we please allow the hard space? Thanks.

One thing that bugs me in most editors, including this one, is the inability to use a hard space between words. If one wants to keep two words together (as in 90 km where you want to make sure the number and unit stays on the same line), a simple trick is to type a non-breaking space (code ALT-160 in Windows, or UTF code 0080).

Yet, it works in LibreOffice, Word, Excel, etc. and even in plain text editors. But why do web editors insist on replacing the hard space by a regular one? If it is a configurable setting, can we please allow the hard space? Thanks.

I think we have had this discussion before and it is still not a option as far as I know. I'll check Xenforo Community later. In the end, Xenforo does not make the editor, but licenses it from Froala so even they don't really even control this.

Back