Canadian Armed Forces, inappropriate behavior and who knew what when?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Some men get stabbed in their bedroom with a wooden peg for far less!

And ... thus the tale goes on ... powers not taking it seriously and they believe they can overcome which is perfectly misunderstood!

Part of the celestial gamma ... where we come from ... a dark place for sure ... and greatly lacking in reason and logic!

Look at K' Alijah's story about wooden maid! Few pegged it about the tree of knowledge as Odin! Much of it subtle and below our desire to know ... and generating much curiosity for the inquire ous!

Outside the line of the orthodox ... you bet with the imaginary and unreal #'s! Unaccountable due to strange attributes ...

Last edited:
A few years back I met with the Commander of the Royal Newfoundland Reserves.

We chatted about a vacant chaplaincy position and he shared with me, at the time, that big changes were coming to the culture of the Army. He wondered if I would be comfortable calling out bullying and if, as chaplain, I would work within the command structure to mitigate it as much as possible.

Ultimately I wasn't able to complete the FORCE test which is a requirement. I wasn't to broken up about that being over 50 and not really taking that long to train specifically for the test. Gym restrictions over the last year have really interfered with training in that regard and time is running out.

Apart from bullying the Commander mentioned multiple forms of abuse, wondered if I had followed any of the documented and public cases. I mentioned that I was familiar with several. He asked if I would be comfortable, as a captain (starting rank for chaplains) addressing higher ranking officers committing such breaches.

Both times I pointed back to work in the Church.

We have had many instances of abuse and bullying in our own organization, I am expected to address it not bury it. I told him as much. I also said that I would need to know the command protocols in place and I was told that I would be instructed on those protocols.

So, the CAF is well aware of historical problems with all manner of abuse and they are aware that their current culture fosters an attitude that may be favourable to all manner of abuse. There is also an impetus for that culture to be changed and a fear that the rudder applied may not be big enough to change course fast enough.

That we are seeing and hearing more of such stories is refreshing only in that changes made in the reporting mechanisms are clearly working better than ever before even if they aren't working as well as one might hope.

The CAF knows it needs to do better.

*peers around carefully for a sighting of PG-13*

Quite frankly, "men" have needed to shape up for a long time. It's finally going rather well, IMHO, but there's going to be problems everywhere you've got a concentration of EITHER gender. I find "largely female" groups, have their own problems, but they're more socially abusive than sexually, lol.

*peers around carefully for a sighting of PG-13*

Quite frankly, "men" have needed to shape up for a long time. It's finally going rather well, IMHO, but there's going to be problems everywhere you've got a concentration of EITHER gender. I find "largely female" groups, have their own problems, but they're more socially abusive than sexually, lol.

The sad part is all men get lumped with the brutes ... even by Caesar! Who asked ... is that thou? However it is just word and folk have trouble with education and indoctrination with unquestioned stuff ... recall all men are crap and woemen are all suffering naivete ... to many it is a rule!

Nah, most of us have discernment. We can find the good guys, but we often fall over a bunch of bad guys on the way.

And if that sounds a bit bitter, it is. Men who like women much smarter than they are rare as hen's teeth, and I've been a bit untalented/unlucky.

I'll go for the 6th command about honoring father and mother as a hint or sign about equality ... and then excess freedom (without responsibility) raises the thing in equitability and something quits! The abstract starts to sink in and thus that depression form of U and many others ...

There may be a hint of complexity in the incidence denoting a simple surrounding ... or a turn about if we listen to the theory of Black Holes and how things reciprocate once you cross the line into disassociated zones supported only in the abstract. Can't follow?

I wouldn't expect given the conditioning and indoctrination instead of logical learning curves ... ... there that's upended ... as U and I can be given accepted alterations in psyche! Then given said patriarchy with Pedi's Dais coming up as camouflaged! May be in the common blarney encountered ...

Does that resemble a staple or just someone pegged? Then the dance begins ...

Last edited:
Men who like women much smarter than they are rare as hen's teeth
Not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not. And I'm not sure we are THAT rare so much as culture doesn't encourage it so men don't necessarily own up to it. Personally, though, I like smart women.

another one! always happens right? Suddenly stories are evereywhere

the unusual part of this story is the affair was with an American civilian working with the USA army.

but Who knows what and who tells whom and how this is policed is an ongoing issue

in general The Star doesn’t like to criticize Trudeau. But this situation in the armed forces is something that they had lots of warning about and yet failed to act. Why?

is the defense minister too close to the issue? Or too junior a officer to feel he can challenge the top folks? Or just too weak of a minister?

Without crisis events how would we learn critical thought patterns as they go on ... not all that straight by times!

It feels like weekly there are new allegations and new resignations.

there Was an interesting article yesterday about what Trudeau did or did not know

Sajin said he told the PCO and they in turn said they told the PMO. And Trudeau said he did not know

so that is odd either way. His chief of staff and other staffers heard a plausible rumour about the chief of defense staff and decided not to do anything and not to tell Trudeau. Well that’s bloody odd

or they told him and he decided to let it go and is now lying about it. And that’s bloody odd too

It feels like weekly there are new allegations and new resignations.

there Was an interesting article yesterday about what Trudeau did or did not know

Sajin said he told the PCO and they in turn said they told the PMO. And Trudeau said he did not know

so that is odd either way. His chief of staff and other staffers heard a plausible rumour about the chief of defense staff and decided not to do anything and not to tell Trudeau. Well that’s bloody odd

or they told him and he decided to let it go and is now lying about it. And that’s bloody odd too

Can you construct a situation where those top guns are blinded to something?

and so it ends. insread of supporting women in the armed forces and looking into what is going on, our government has shut down the investigation. Just another in a long line of liberal scandals. That won’t make a bit of difference

trudeau. Remember when he was a feminist?

trudeau. Remember when he was a feminist?
OTOH, who are feminists who don't lean left going to vote for? A Conservative Party that is still so beholden to the so-con right that their leader has to make a public show of NOT supporting a private member's bill on abortion just to make a point? Regardless of this government's behaviour, the Liberals can at least be trusted not to bring in abortion legislation or other regressive social measures on women's issues. I'm not sure that is true of the Conservatives. O'Toole tries hard and may be sincere, but we just saw the so-cons try to commandeer their policy convention which shows they still have a fairly strong hand in the party. O'Toole's party may be his worst enemy here.

Back