Can You Say Buttigieg?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

This guy is an orator. Don't know much about him, but he's possibly a better speaker than Obama.

Yeah. He's Classic American Standard. He even mentioned Studebaker. He's a little bit Kennedy, a little bit Norman Rockwell. He's probably a shoo-in, actually.

Here's the whole speech.

Last edited:
I don't know much about him, caught a little clip on something this morning on tv. If he hasn't already he or his PR team needs to start pushing a nickname!

I don't know much about him, caught a little clip on something this morning on tv. If he hasn't already he or his PR team needs to start pushing a nickname!

And they better start soon or Trump will happily coin one for them.

Oh... I honestly didn't clue in that's a bathroom fixture company! If that's why. Otherwise...he has the typical mainstream image Americana-politics thing going on. It wasn't an insult, just an observation.

Make sense to me. Buttigieg has a very "Americana/ nostalgia" vibe. Totally reminds me of Kennedy and Rockwell. Also, he supports the Green New Deal, which is deliberately nostalgic of FDR's New Deal. It's all of that.

Incidentally, sorry for the derail @ninjafaery , but it's a lovely day and I was just window shopping in the store beside the pot store in downtown Old Town. And I'm totally full of...metaphors. "How 'bout Dem Yankees?";)

Last edited:
I hope there is one thing these guys did not take from the Kennedys: Their use and abuse of women. #Metoo would eat them alive for breakfast, something JFK didn't have to worry about. Though, really, that is a shame in and of itself.

I hope there is one thing these guys did not take from the Kennedys: Their use and abuse of women. #Metoo would eat them alive for breakfast, something JFK didn't have to worry about. Though, really, that is a shame in and of itself.
True. I was thinking of the nostalgia and political image factor. I don't think either of them would be misogynist or abusive though. There are people who want somebody who they pretended Kennedy was - except, for real.

I was thinking of the nostalgia and political image factor

Personally, I find it rather sad that being compared to a Kennedy, esp. John, is still considered a compliment. Yes, humans are flawed beings, but he went above and beyond and got away with it.

Back