Are we still able to debate fairly?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

You can’t have empathy without feeling what it’s like in the other persons shoes. But oppressed people just get tired of being asked to do all the empathising so the ruling class can continue to make life harder for them. I take the position that it’s not possible for groups with huge power imbalances to debate their positions fairly.

Last edited:
You can’t have empathy without feeling what it’s like in the other persons shoes. But oppressed people just get tired of being asked to do all the empathising so the ruling class can continue to make life harder for them. I take the position that it’s not possible for groups with huge power imbalances to debate their positions fairly.

Those of blind faith that all is well do not envision a limiting line that they should not cross without creating a global firestorm in the unknown domains ... just observe what is going on with those operating on full desire mode ... not a thought or clue of where they are leading ... cuts cause two sides!

Slice of time ... observe presence of the Gods of competition! M' Ars you say? What you don't know won't hurt???? Numb Oz ...

Other space-time events that for me check the boxes of this fine thread

The Ukraine Conflict
The Hamas Etc Massacres
The 2016 and 2020 USA Erections
The Pandemic
Iran Attackin Israel
Kamloops Residential School Kerfuffle
D Wave and Dr. Rose
ChatGPT
5 Eyes
USA involvement in blowing up a pipeline
EMA called in 2022
USA anti abortion madness
2005 Cell Phones Public Use
UK Public Order Bill
2020 BLM in USA
Shrub Sr. and Jr.
Obama's creation of the Drone Assasination Program
Rolling Stones Still Touring

Pigs Can Fly

I shouldn't be surprised by anything now

And so it goes

Kerfuffle? I'm thinking survivors wouldn't call it a kerfuffle......
Specifically I am writing aboot the alleged unmarked graves there

Kerfuffle is a fine word
One usage is Commotion, tumult (another fine word), disturbance

I also tend not to speak for other people or even whole groups of people?

Also the point of the list isn't that at all

The point of the list is I see these as eruptions or examples of the crazyness too much energy in the system that is leading people to go bonkers

The point of the list is I see these as eruptions or examples of the craziness too much energy in the system that is leading people to go bonkers
It sometimes makes me think of Harry Potter- how there are unexplained crazy, bad events in the Muggle world caused by Voldemort’s men….Rowling really had a great way of describing the fight of good and evil- unfortunately, no Harry will come and rescue us magically..

It sometimes makes me think of Harry Potter- how there are unexplained crazy, bad events in the Muggle world caused by Voldemort’s men….Rowling really had a great way of describing the fight of good and evil- unfortunately, no Harry will come and rescue us magically..

Harry is Ares ... kind of up there and beyond us with the message as really ... we didn't want to know in the first place! Tell me more about stu PID a mess of personalities with ID's!

The enigma is poorly unraveled ... too much reveling over winners ... and damn the poor guise that fell from the tree ... we loved observing! Really ... ad is plae ...

Not alleged. Real.
Again, not the point of my list?

Last I heard, the good Dr. who made the original claim, Anthropologist Dr. Sarah Beaulieu who specilizes in historical Graves, said the sites she found with the GPR were probable graves or targets of interest and said the only way of knowing for sure would be to exhume to be able to confirm they were human remains.

Last I heard there has been no exhumation

It is all VERY complicated (eg some residential school survivors want the exhumation and some don't) and we have to be very, very careful (like Chief Roseanne Casamir was)

Last edited:
It is all VERY complicated (eg some residential school survivors want the exhumation and some don't) and we have to be very, very careful

Yes we do need to be careful and respectful. Suggesting it's a kerfuffle or alleged is disrespectful.

The residential school system was a blight on our history. The effects of the system are still felt and people are still hurting.

Other space-time events that for me check the boxes of this fine thread - Delightful Life

Climate Clap Trap?

The fact that none of the self-appointed net zero zealots practice what they preach while insisting on foisting taxes on everyone else as a pretext to seize control over every trivial detail of our lives, while pretending to be "saving the planet".

Other space-time events that for me check the boxes of this fine thread - Delightful Life

Climate Clap Trap?

The fact that none of the self-appointed net zero zealots practice what they preach while insisting on foisting taxes on everyone else as a pretext to seize control over every trivial detail of our lives, while pretending to be "saving the planet".

We are a disaster in our own Macon ... and not ah wake to it or awoke in another tense! Life is stress ...

"The residential school system was a blight on our history." - Northwind

And without Truth there can be no Reconciliation.

In May 2021, a band chief in Kamloops announced "evidence of" 215 graves at the site of an old residential school.

The next day Justin Trudeau stated these were 215 "murdered" indigenous children, and ordered Canadian flags to be at half staff for the next five months.

In the few weeks that followed, the minister of immigration stated that anyone who asked questions was a "denier".

The international media described Canada as "horrific".

To this day, Spring 2024, no graves, no human remains, no coffins, no bones have ever been found; there have been no excavations, despite $300 million of taxpayers' money assigned for that purpose.

The above quote is an excerpt from a review on the book Grave Error: How The Media Misled Us (and the Truth about Residential Schools) Paperback – December 4, 2023

The above quote is an excerpt from a review on the book Grave Error: How The Media Misled Us (and the Truth about Residential Schools) Paperback – December 4, 2023

Is it just this one school he believes the reporting is wrong or all residential schools?

Climate Clap Trap?

Well there's 40,000,000 of us, and a handful of "them"( self appointed net zero zealots), should we be given a free pass to ignore pollution?
Do most people that work for sleazy climate change inducing company's refuse to work for them?

I agree.

Grave Error may be a book I will read.

The fact is, many children died in residential schools. Communities died and a culture was seriously damaged. There were graves at these schools and at the Magdalen Laundries, an Irish version of a similar "school"

Remember that children were required by law to attend these "schools". The RCMP came and "arrested" children to take them to the schools. It was the law. Yes, Ive heard this first hand from survivors too. Their education was not the same as what we got.

I suggest you read Five Little Indians or Truth Telling: Seven Conversations About Indigenous Life in Canada both by Michelle Good for some balance. Listen to Senator Murray Sinclair's talks. You can find some on YouTube. There's a lot of good information out there.

Better yet, take some time to listen to people who either attended these schools or whose community was affected by them.

While there may not be mass graves, there are graves and dead children because of these places. There's lots of good information out there to balance the "truth"

That was definitely a moral panic

Fed into our bad media landscape (24/7 news and failing business plan leading to less time to actually spend on in investigative reporting to compete for money so, if it bleeds it leads etc)

Trudeau definitely did not do good with that gaffe sheesh...or maybe it wasn't a gaffe? I don't know...

Back