High Above

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

dreamerman ------your quote ------God owns your money but Kenneth owns his church

Good point---here is the thing -----If and I say If ----K Copeland is a False Prophet then Satan owns His Church and Satan is in charge of his money not God -------so either way it is not his Church -----so you are right to point that out ------thanks for that :)

TD Jakes is the highest paid minister on TV ------So if TD Jakes ---K Copeland ---C Dollar ---B Hill ----K Hagin -and all the rest of these Ministers are False Prophets then Satan is having a hay day with deception ---and followers need to use discernment to know the difference ------and God will deal with all these people in the spiritual realm when their time has come to an end ------we humans can do squat so it is pointless to pursue and trash and bash that which one can't fix -----God is the only one who can fix the deception -----if and I say If ---there is deception ----

God made money to be used for His purpose only -----Money is not evil ---the pursue and love of money is what is the problem and humans love money ------God's money is to be used to advance His Kingdom not Satan's -----and God will deal with that issue not us -------

Small-medium sized churches. Attendance at Sunday morning worship gatherings 50-200. Your point?
Hi Jae --Do you know some of these Ministers have 20.000, or 30.000. They are preaching to. They have to fly around the world to reach some. My Thoughts are .why don't some of the rich Churches" help there brothers and sisters who have a money problem's . Even across Denomination's line's. Are we not," told to LOVE one another". Or do you think only those in your church? Or the world, out side the church? Why don't GODS Church act, as they have been told? In the Church's beginning , it was one, with only ONE Leader That being The Christ." How long would your body live ,if every part was hitting the other. I am left handed , dose this make my Left worth more than my Right? In no way, without my right hand as well .I can do but half", of what I want". I believe our GOD, has made us , to work together as a Body" would , so we can do more of GODS Work". Take the Hand of Another Sister or Brother , see how they go together. WE ARE ONE , Even as they are ONE. airclean33-Gord-- ALL GLORY IS GODS"

This may be required for gods money to be hoarded ... and the means of inter Steller gods are out of cash ... which fits with the concept of what must be left behind ... and ethereal threads of intelligence to be drawn through that spot in the needle ...

That about sows that up ... con ster nation of closed sols ... some steroids may be involved!

Highest paid TV Minister -----TD Jakes

BIOGRAPHY |

INTERVIEW DATE: 8/25/2010

Bishop T.D. Jakes | The HistoryMakers

Bishop T.D. Jakes, Sr., was born on June 9, 1957, in South Charleston, West Virginia, to businessman and entrepreneur Ernest, Sr. and educator Odith. The youngest of three children, Jakes was known in his community as “the Bible boy.” However, due to his slight lisp, he was told he would never preach. When Jakes was ten years old, his father developed kidney failure. Jakes and his mother cared for him until his death in 1973. Jakes preached his first sermon in 1976 and was officially ordained in 1979. He met his wife Serita Ann Jamison while guest preaching at her neighborhood church. In 1981, the two were married. In 1980, at the age of 23, Jakes established the Temple of Faith Church in Montgomery, West Virginia, a storefront church with only ten members. Jakes worked simultaneously at the Union Carbide to keep his ministry afloat. Friends International Christian University awarded Jakes his B.A. degree in biblical studies in 1985, his M.A. degree in biblical studies in 1990, and his D.Min. in 1995.

In 1987, Jakes was ordained into the Bishopric, and in 1992, he first preached Woman, Thou Art Loosed, a sermon that addressed the pain of women. The next year, Jakes launched a weekly television broadcast on the Trinity Broadcasting Network, catapulting himself into the world of televangelism. In 1994, he began his weekly broadcasts on Black Entertainment Television, and that same year, he initiated the first ManPower conference, designed to motivate men in their relational and community roles. In 1996, after moving his congregation from small town to small town in West Virginia, Jakes moved his family and fifty other church employees to Dallas where they established the Potter’s House. The first church service drew more than 2,000 people, and since then, the membership has grown to more than 30,000. In 1998, Jakes founded the Metroplex Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) and established Clay Academy in the heart of Capella Park, a mixed-use, “new urbanism” community.

One of PBS Religion and Ethics Newsweekly’s “Top 10 Religious Leaders” in 2000, Jakes holds a place in the Black Americans of Achievement series, The Encyclopedia of African-American Christian Heritage, as well as the Who’s Who Among African Americans. In 2000, Jakes served as the keynote speaker at the annual conferences of the National Council of Black Mayors, the National Black Police Association, and the 2000 Congressional Black Caucus. In 2001, Time magazine and CNN distinguished Jakes as America’s Best Preacher, and the next year, Savoy magazine named him one of the “Top 100 Powers That Be.” In 2009, President Barack Obama asked Jakes to deliver the morning service before the historic Presidential Inauguration. Bishop Jakes, having spent over thirty years in the ministry, is also the author of more than twenty books and a Grammy-award winning gospel musician. Currently, Bishop Jakes lives in Dallas with his wife, Serita. They have five children and two grandchildren.

unsafe says
TD Jakes seems to be an award winning musician and an author ---so The Church is not just providing his only income ----so he earns other money like other people do -----just maybe he uses this money to purchase houses and planes etc ------

T. D. JakesAwards

Grammy Award for Best Gospel Choir or Chorus Album
2004 · A Wing and A Prayer

NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work, Fiction
2005 · Woman, Thou Art Loosed

NAACP Image Award – President's Award

The BET Honors Award for Education

NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work - Instructional
2012, 2007 · The T.D. Jakes Relationship Bible: Life Lessons on Relationships from the Inspired Word of God, Mama Made the Difference

Quill Award for Religion/spirituality
2006 · Mama Made the Difference

unsafe posted
some of the congregation in the potters house this is just showing one area -----

poi_gallery_image-image-46574c9c-386f-4b58-8449-2bae987c0a4f.jpg

his house ---

images
----

unsafe says
These people also have TV time to pay for ------this is not cheap people according to this ------

Entrepreneur estimates that producing a half-hour infomercial can cost anywhere from $25,000 to $250,000, depending on the production values and the host or talent involved in the shoot. For the sake of comparison: The average cost of producing a 30 second national TV commercial is about $350,000.Nov 14, 2013

So this man seems to be a multi faceted income person who has other ventures other than his Church -----so who are we to Judge this man in what he has and what he does with his money ------we don't know this man personally and what he does with all his money and where it goes -----and that is the real Truth -----

I don't watch or follow this man but I don't judge him either -----I leave that up to God who sees and knows the heart and motives of Bishop TD Jakes -------

Unsafe is a follower of the health and wealth gospel. So when someone takes exception to a pastor buying a luxury jet she has to come to their defense. True-Christians have to have true- money or else the health and wealth gospel can't be preached.:whistle:

I feel you nailed it.

unsafe in an earlier post said:
Your job is not to judge.

all that shows in my view is that the ones bashing and trashing are the ones that are totally obsessed with money and stuff -----they take every opportunity to that they can to point out what is wrong with other Christians while they ignore that they themselves have misused God's money and stuff in their own lives at some point ------

:coffee:

Hi Jae --Do you know some of these Ministers have 20.000, or 30.000. They are preaching to. They have to fly around the world to reach some.

We live in an age of satellites... internet... Skype... etc., but, okay. There are other ways to fly than in a private, luxury jet.

airclean said:
My Thoughts are .why don't some of the rich Churches" help there brothers and sisters who have a money problem's . Even across Denomination's line's. Are we not," told to LOVE one another". Or do you think only those in your church?

I wouldn't limit it to just Christians.

airclean said:
Or the world, out side the church? Why don't GODS Church act, as they have been told?

Exactly.

Airclean--post--
Hi Jae --Do you know some of these Ministers have 20.000, or 30.000. They are preaching to. They have to fly around the world to reach some.

Jae--post--
We live in an age of satellites... internet... Skype... etc., but, okay. There are other ways to fly than in a private, luxury jet.

airclean said:
My Thoughts are .why don't some of the rich Churches" help there brothers and sisters who have a money problem's . Even across Denomination's line's. Are we not," told to LOVE one another". Or do you think only those in your church?

----Jae post-----

airclean said:
(Or the world, out side the church?) Why don't GODS Church act, as they have been told?

--Jae--post---
Exactly.

---Airclean--Post--Who ever told you THAT Jae. They lied to you. GOD is in charge of the world Jae" , not us. We are, to help one another". We are also to preach the word, of GOD" . Instead are Sisters and Brothers are being killed ",all around the world". Well are Church"s helps those ,who won't listen to GOD," Those that have not even ask GOD", for forgiveness". Please show me this one, in GODS word."

Rich clerics don't need to advertise. If they are spending their riches on frivolities and self indulgence they are already advertising their lack of Christian ethics. They have plenty of company - but not mine. A huge congregation in a specially built 'church' becomes an audience- with much in common with the crowds that attend football or ice hockey games.

Rich clerics don't need to advertise. If they are spending their riches on frivolities and self indulgence they are already advertising their lack of Christian ethics. They have plenty of company - but not mine. A huge congregation in a specially built 'church' becomes an audience- with much in common with the crowds that attend football or ice hockey games.
Sometimes I wonder about the Mega churches......is it just that the pastor refuses to do another church plant if the church is getting too large or do they think that it's partly to do with themselves (rather than God) and their preaching style that people come? I always wondered why a pastor would allow a church to grow to 30,000.....I mean isn't there more of a chance of the community becoming less personal and effective?
I may be wrong.....has anyone here ever belonged to a mega church?

They have no appeal for me whatsoever. Church, for me, is about more than showing up on Sunday and having some connection to the congregation and minister/pastor. I doubt anyone outside the governance group actually gets to spend any serious time with the pastor. Even visitation is likely done by some kind of lay group or by specialty ministers (even some United Churches around here have ministers focussed on just visitation). I'm sure even their midweek programs must get fairly large, too, leaving them more like classes and less open to discussion.

Airclean--post--

Jae--post--

airclean said:

----Jae post-----

airclean said:
(Or the world, out side the church?) Why don't GODS Church act, as they have been told?

--Jae--post---
Exactly.

---Airclean--Post--Who ever told you THAT Jae. They lied to you. GOD is in charge of the world Jae" , not us. We are, to help one another". We are also to preach the word, of GOD" . Instead are Sisters and Brothers are being killed ",all around the world". Well are Church"s helps those ,who won't listen to GOD," Those that have not even ask GOD", for forgiveness". Please show me this one, in GODS word."

Honestly not quite sure what you're on about here airclean. I believe Christian churches are not to limit who they help to just themselves or just Christians.

Hi KayTheCurler--
I am sorry to read this is how you feel .You see ,I can hardly wait to come into GODS House BY 15--Hundred -By 15--Hundred --By 15--Hundred--By --15--Hundred. Oh I forgot that's in miles. Filled with my Bothers and Sisters. Just standing Praising , and Sing Songs of Praise ,for Him alone". No I am sure you wouldn't like it". This time they will be able to heard around,( The Whole Earth)" LORD" GOD" ALL" Mighty," HOW" GREAT,"" ARE"" GOD,"" . I am fairly sure, it will be very Noisy."

Honestly not quite sure what you're on about here airclean. I believe Christian churches are not to limit who they help to just themselves or just Christians.
Hi Jae ,I think your seeing things like that Jae, because some one whispered in your ear . All Life is going to be saved". This is wrong Jae , it is a false, teaching , Brother. GOD Sent His Son "So all," who would accepted ",Him" could be saved." Our GOD Loves all humankind .But He" has given us the choice, will you , or won't you". GOD Saves through His" Son ", the Christ. All we can do , no matter what your post, is in life ,is help others , fine The Way " to the Christ. We who have received our Lord YeShua" must help our Brothers and Sisters who walk with Him." This World is very Hard ", and we are still in flesh, which won't be saved."

Hi Jae ,I think your seeing things like that Jae, because some one whispered in your ear . All Life is going to be saved". This is wrong Jae , it is a false, teaching , Brother. GOD Sent His Son "So all," who would accepted ",Him" could be saved." Our GOD Loves all humankind .But He" has given us the choice, will you , or won't you". GOD Saves through His" Son ", the Christ. All we can do , no matter what your post, is in life ,is help others , fine The Way " to the Christ. We who have received our Lord YeShua" must help our Brothers and Sisters who walk with Him." This World is very Hard ", and we are still in flesh, which won't be saved."
:confused:

Never said all are going to be saved.

Never said Christians are not to help other Christians.

Not sure how your post relates to Kenneth owning a luxury, private airplane.

Sometimes I wonder about the Mega churches......is it just that the pastor refuses to do another church plant if the church is getting too large or do they think that it's partly to do with themselves (rather than God) and their preaching style that people come? I always wondered why a pastor would allow a church to grow to 30,000.....I mean isn't there more of a chance of the community becoming less personal and effective?
I may be wrong.....has anyone here ever belonged to a mega church?
No not me Waterfall", I have gone to them though" an enjoyed the service". I wanted to go to one" , but it was held about 2.000 years before I was born". It is said our Lord YeShua felt sorry for those who follow Him into the hills to hear Him" , had no food. So He prayed The Father" over a few fish an some bread. They all had there fill. And 12 baskets of food left over. He had just fed 5.000 People. Not a bad service ha.

--I see said Jae. But it seems only when you want to Brother".

Jae ---why didn't you quote the whole phrase of airclean33's quote above -----all you did was pick a piece of it to suit your own agenda ----

here is the whole quote ------ Why don't GODS Church act, as they have been told? In the Church's beginning , it was one, with only ONE Leader That being The Christ."

Most churches today have themselves as the head of the Church in my experience -----God is left out in the cold ----He is never prayerfully ask what He wants for His Church ---committees sit around and discuss what they want to do -----The only time you here about God in the church maybe is in a sermon and a piece of scripture reading and communion -----Christ for the most part is obsolete ------

--Jae--I seen scripter that said praise GOD even if you don't feel well.
GOD may just want to see how will act. Could He give riches to others??????

Back