High Above

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

There are certain things that follow as consequence to things done in a previous period of life ...

There are labels attached to people stuck in a very narrow period of time ...

Seconding RevJohn's query. What does the contents of a particular belief in the afterlife have to do with the object of one's prayers?
Airclean-- Really Bette --I was asking you who you follow . You see when I pray ,I LOOK UP FOR TO ME , THAT IS WERE MY God IS. That you don't believe in Heaven, or Hell . I was wondering were you believe your GOD" is . I just ask Rev John that to , He said He believe in both. But don't Ministers offen say Please bow your Heads . Do you feel it is to talk to there GOD? You see my GOD" is up .airclean33

Airclean-- Really Bette --I was asking you who you follow . You see when I pray ,I LOOK UP FOR TO ME , THAT IS WERE MY God IS. That you don't believe in Heaven, or Hell . I was wondering were you believe your GOD" is . I just ask Rev John that to , He said He believe in both. But don't Ministers offen say Please bow your Heads . Do you feel it is to talk to there GOD? You see my GOD" is up .airclean33

there are a lot of people and some ministers who believe that God does not really exists, but believe its a good concept to believe it

God is everywhere
I always thought God was everywhere, don't you? Bowing one's head is a sign of reverence, is it not?

God is everywhere

I always thought God was everywhere, don't you? Bowing one's head is a sign of reverence, is it not?
im sure Airclean mean High as in Superior, to understand that he is Higher is also a sign of reverence, thus we bow our heads

The LORD is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens. Psalms 113:4

Reactions: Jae
im sure Airclean mean High as in Superior, to understand that he is Higher is also a sign of reverence, thus we bow our heads

The LORD is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens. Psalms 113:4

Actually as I read what he said he was expressing a belief that it's wrong to bow one's head in prayer, as he believes (and therefore it must be, because he has the Holy Spirit and he doubts that most of the rest of us do) that God is "up there" - meaning that (in his understanding) when bowing one's head one is looking away from God rather than toward God, whereas he "looks up" when he prays because that's where God is.

I saw nothing in his post that said anything about adopting a reverent posture towards God - he simply spoke about where God is and whether we should look up or down.

Personally, I feel that it matters not whether one bows one's head, raises one's head, raises one's hands or does not raise one's hands, is seated, standing or kneeling, if one's eyes are open or closed, etc. etc. If prayer is sincere and from the heart (which makes it reverent) then it is acceptable to God.

So, like @BetteTheRed, "I am confused by statements that there is somewhere that God is not."

Actually as I read what he said he was expressing a belief that it's wrong to bow one's head in prayer, as he believes (and therefore it must be, because he has the Holy Spirit and he doubts that most of the rest of us do) that God is "up there" - meaning that (in his understanding) when bowing one's head one is looking away from God rather than toward God, whereas he "looks up" when he prays because that's where God is.

I saw nothing in his post that said anything about adopting a reverent posture towards God - he simply spoke about where God is and whether we should look up or down.

Personally, I feel that it matters not whether one bows one's head, raises one's head, raises one's hands or does not raise one's hands, is seated, standing or kneeling, if one's eyes are open or closed, etc. etc. If prayer is sincere and from the heart (which makes it reverent) then it is acceptable to God.

So, like @BetteTheRed, "I am confused by statements that there is somewhere that God is not."

I didn't see where he thinks its wrong to bow ones head, unless I missed it, I do though try and give him the benefit of the doubt because of his communication abilities with age

I know I bow my head

I didn't see where he thinks its wrong to bow ones head, unless I missed it, I do though try and give him the benefit of the doubt because of his communication abilities with age

I know I bow my head

This:

"You see when I pray ,I LOOK UP FOR TO ME , THAT IS WERE MY God IS. ... But don't Ministers offen say Please bow your Heads . Do you feel it is to talk to there GOD? You see my GOD" is up ."

That sounds to me like a statement that bowing one's head is not the way to pray.

there are a lot of people and some ministers who believe that God does not really exists, but believe its a good concept to believe it
Hi Blackbelt --
So Blackbelt you think that preaching about a GOD ,you don't believe in, is a good thing?My self I find it Hypocritical .

You're probably right, yet we see this in many religions, to bow our heads and usually teach our children to do this when they pray.....nowhere in the Bible are we instructed to bow our heads and pray and if anything there are a few instances where Jesus (Mathew 26:29) and others have put their face to the ground (1 Corinthians 14:25) implying it was done during prayer.....but definitely not a requirement for prayer. Jesus also prayed looking up with eyes opened.

@airclean33,do you pray to the Creator? male, female or who or what?
--Airclean--post
Well crazyheart -I don't think GOD Has a gender". The Christ said, we are to call GOD" OUR FATHER" , so I take it to mean that we are to think of GOD as a He". Now because GODS Form is a Spirit". It may not mean the same as we think".

airclean33 said:
So where do you believe GODS City is , right now?

God's city? In terms of where God is currently residing? Where God's permanent address is located for mailing purposes?

Well, if God indwells me then God's dwelling place is wherever I am. And if God indwells others then God's dwelling place is wherever they are.

There will one day be a new Jerusalem which appears to be the boundary between the new heaven and the new earth. God will reside there.

Currently it is said that God's throne is in the heavenlies and the earth is God's footstool.

So, some combination of all of the above is where God is at present.

Since the scripture forbids me to swear by heaven above or anything on the earth below I suspect that prayers addressed to heaven or hell are of dubious efficacy since neither heaven nor hell are sentient beings or persons with power to respond to prayer.

At present I pray to God, either as Father, Son, or Holy Spirit; Creator, Redeemer or Sustainer. Most often I pray to God as the Ancient of Days as it is a concept which resonates more fully.

I pray to God since God is the person that I am to worship and the only one who can truly provide an answer to the prayers I raise.

Heaven itself does not answer prayer so I won't waste time praying to it. Even if Hell itself did answer prayer I don't have much that I would want it to help me with so I don't waste time praying to it either.

Do you pray to heaven and hell?

Back