Time to move on?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Mendy,

so, no chance of your congregation's sermons consisting of guest speakers talking aboot their subject of expertise? Physicists, authors, philosophers, NGO creators, IT peeps, WC contributors, spiritual philosophers, Engineers, Cosmologists, Mayors, etc etc etc?
Oh, for sure, there will be plenty of that. The proposal is for one Sunday a month to be used for guest speakers. My problem is that I've been to services like that (our services were frequently like that at one time) and they can (and do) end up being more of a lecture than a church service. If I want a lecture or a philosophical discussion, I can go to the London Humanists or the Socrates Cafe. When I go to church, I am looking for something different ... something that feels (to me) like worship. A talk/sermon for sure, but also some singing, praying, meditation, and such.

Jae

Reaction score
Mendy,

so, no chance of your congregation's sermons consisting of guest speakers talking aboot their subject of expertise? Physicists, authors, philosophers, NGO creators, IT peeps, WC contributors, spiritual philosophers, Engineers, Cosmologists, Mayors, etc etc etc?
So the congregation would be learning about physics - writings - philosophy - NGOs - IT - WC - spiritual philosophy - engineering - cosmology - and crack cocaine?