Third Party Candidates & Anarchy In The Agora

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Ritafee

Is Being Human
I do not have much of a 'head' for politics in that I get easily confused by all of the 'name calling'.

I am one that prefers to think of all people on a first name basis and consider their surnames and group affiliations useful only as a further means of distinguishing one individual from another individual with the same name.

In this forum of course, it is easy to distinguish us using monk instead of RitaTG even though both of our first names are Rita. Does TG stand for The Good? - I don't really care - that is what it stands for when I read it.

So in this thread what I would like to try is less name calling and more imagination and open mindedness towards individual responsibility and accountability as opposed to identifying individuals through 'group name calling'.

Of course I understand that this is almost impossible but I want to try to avoid it as much as it is.

I am on a nickname basis with god as from my point of view god is always synonymous with good.

I am an anarchist if freedom to exercise my individual responsibility towards the common good falls under that label.

So you can call me monk or rita or anarchist or agent of good intent as you prefer.

I will start with third party candidates as the simple term for a very diverse group of individuals.

First are the following statements correct or not ?
  • Third-party candidates have been shut out of the political arena since the rise of the two-party system.
  • The most successful third-party candidates in the past century have capitalized on political divisions within the two major parties that came about as a result of economic and cultural turmoil in the country.
Here is an interesting third party candidate that I will be following:
  • Tuesday January 16th, the first person to file a ‘A Statement of Candidacy’ with the FEC, to run for the highest office in the United States, Adam Kokesh, made his formal campaign announcement. He was arrested and jailed on the same day. Now nine days later, his campaign team made the executive decision to post bond and remove him from his confinement upon receiving information threatening his safety.

So we are talking US politics, I take it? Because we have 3 viable parties here plus Green and BQ who are present but a long way from power. The US would, I think, benefit from having another party or two. The entrenched groupthink and partisanship of the two big parties is f***ing up their system something fierce. I also don't see any sign of it happening but the current environment would be ripe for someone to try.

And the TG stands, I believe, for transgender but I like your version, too.
@RitaTG is Rita The Good.:cool:

We are talking politics wherever 'other' party candidates should be a factor.
Could responsibility be a better description of what a party should aspire to - as opposed to power?
So in Canada a public servant candidate that is 'viable' would be Liberal Democrat or NDP?
What are the 'non'-viable parties in Canada called then.

We are talking politics wherever 'other' party candidates should be a factor.
Could responsibility be a better description of what a party should aspire to - as opposed to power?
So in Canada a public servant candidate that is 'viable' would be Liberal Democrat or NDP?
What are the 'non'-viable parties in Canada called then.

Fringe parties, usually. They are often parties focussed on single issues (various "Christian" parties focussed on abortion and similar issues) or less popular ideologies (libertarian, communist).

I think responsibility and stewardship are what parties should aspire to, but aspirants to power is, unfortunately, what we seem to keep getting. In fact, the "fringe" parties are often more appealing to me than the mainstream ones for precisely this reason (I regularly vote Green, though I am starting to waiver on that). One wonders, though, what would happen if they ever got close to becoming a government. Would power become their goal?

In my ideal world, we wouldn't have parties. Much like municipal councils, you would have people elected as individuals working together. Alas, I think Parliament is now too big for that to work. Even if you eliminated the current party system, blocs of like-minded individuals would form, becoming parties in all but name.

But that is where I want to go with this thread ... your ideal doesn't sound much different than mine at this point in time ... and it seems that more and more people every day are agreeing that 'parliament' is too big. I keep looking for communities or municipalities or townships where the individuals are working together to become self sustainable without having to engage in violent confrontation with 'the powers that should not be'.

In Canada Mayor Higgins of North Frontenac is a pioneer in that direction.

In the US - this Adam Kokesh - while he may not have a 'chance in hell' of becoming the president elect - I am curious to find out how much attention he can draw to his campaign without 'corporate sponsorship'.

Hell, monk, I googled "north frontenac" properties for sale, myself. Municipalities do have some power in this province. I'm sure tired of the huge property taxes and water bills in my city, for what I consider limited (in imagination) services.

I am an Ubuntu member.

The Ubuntu 'party' participation in the political process on the premise that it could inject a seed of consciousness into the political beast seemed instead to create more opposition and division - so they have withdrawn as a political party.

Ubuntu members learned many things about politics and how it is controlled by the global elite.

Gaining knowledge and experience in the political process brought Ubuntu to the one small town can change the world strategy.

Ubuntu effort is now being focused on the mayors of small towns that want to do good for their community. Ubuntu members are able to approach any mayor, irrespective of what political party they belong to, without creating any conflict and do encourage Ubuntu members who are inspired to run for mayor of their town, as a way of getting an Ubuntu mayor elected. This is not seen as participating in a political campaign on a national or regional level.

Mayor Higgins took that strategy to North Frontenac and they liked it!

Reactions: Jae
Consciousness in a world that worships not knowing ... the death knell of when passions strike yah ... in this cesspool could we support consciousness?

Would have to be temporal ... a little guise thing ... thus masques ... no parties just cereus ... horse faces looking for de mare ... you knows ... dem once over there ... Freud's death wish to escape the hysterics of those that got nun ... self-care that is!

If you've felt the once over you knows that shrew 'd sensation ... tis wile ... gotta be tamed ... like the LEM 'n ...

Goes with a'gein (AEGON?) and those wiz qui souris ... wiley little critters living in the brain that haunt at night when emerging and imago dais ... related to deli lam ah bi ... phantastic thoughts ...

Can free society be restricted, limited, or mortal ... without means of venting mysteriously?

Reserved emotions need a way out to thus squirreling ... only rats if you're caught with den UTz ...

Hard caste ...

Back