The “Has this ever happened to you?” thread.

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Don’t feel obligated to post anything embarrassing. Just say yes/ no / other... and then post about one of your experiences. (Oh, and you can either pick a post to respond to or you can follow the previous one. It doesn’t matter. Respond in whatever order you wish or express whatever you want to.)

I’ll go first. Sometimes I think of something I find really fascinating at the time, and I want to express it...but once the thought passes and I revisit it, maybe it’s still interesting...but I don’t want to bother reconstructing the complexity of the thought. Yet, I will expend the same amount of words explaining that I didn’t want to bother explaining that thing I thought about - like right now - and/ or I’ll expend the same amount of words on something else.

“Has this ever happened to you?”

:)

Last edited:
(I’m going to self indulgently follow my own comment because nobody else is here yet. :LOL:)

Yes.

From time to time I think back on conversations and feel embarrassed or regretful about what I said. And often it’s just something really silly but it’s still embarrassing. Has this ever happened to you?

Last edited:
Don’t feel obligated to post anything embarrassing. Just say yes/ no / other... and then post about one of your experiences. (Oh, and you can either pick a post to respond to or you can follow the previous one. It doesn’t matter. Respond in whatever order you wish or express whatever you want to.)

I’ll go first. Sometimes I think of something I find really fascinating at the time, and I want to express it...but once the thought passes and I revisit it, maybe it’s still interesting...but I don’t want to bother reconstructing the complexity of the thought. Yet, I will expend the same amount of words explaining that I didn’t want to bother explaining that thing I thought about - like right now - and/ or I’ll expend the same amount of words on something else.

Yes.

You thought you fixed your post but now there’s two - one of them contains what you tried to delete - and now it’s too late to delete it - and you realize you should really get a handle on the quote function, but it’s technical and not very interesting at the moment, so “not right now”.

Has this ever happened to you?

Last edited:
Yes.

You realize that the present world/ reality/ and whatever universe it exists in, is so weird that altered states of consciousness wouldn’t necessarily make it seem weirder. (Which, strangely enough, is good for a laugh and, hence, for calming anxiety.)

Has this ever happened to you?

(OK, enough for now. Your turn.)

Last edited:
I once had a scattered thought about it ... but now it is gone.

In dew time perhaps it will be re whetted! Thus dampening the emotional content ... as a heated item? Really quite unimaginal to those running on emotion altogether and the alternate being totally denied ... thus scattered!

Some affiliation with the means may be required to get it back ... thus some whittling down ... then reining in ... like horses in the barn region ...

No that hasn’t happened to me

Sometimes I am at a large group gathering. I introduce myself to someone whom I am sure I don’t know. To find out that I met them the year before

So either I am terrible at remembering people, which is likely, or they are very forgettable

But I feel so rude

Happened to you?

Yes, I'm very poor with names. More likely to remember someone's telephone #, or their critter's name.

I live life with the "I've got a great memory, but it's short" meme on the tip of my tongue and I'm forced to use it often.

I'm constantly losing my cell phone. To the point that the church secretary knows what it looks like. Calling it from the land line doesn't always work because I usually have it silenced...

Happened to you?

Yes. Always having a bird because I can't locate my phone.
Similarly, I leave embarrassing items at people's houses by accident.
They fall out of my purse or pockets.
I collected my "smalls" and socks in a grocery bag to wash and left it behind in the closet of the b&b where I was staying. I'm trying to work up the nerve to call and see if I can pick them up. Maybe she tossed them. She hasn't called me. This kind of thing happens too often:oops:
Happened to you?

No. I am good about cleaning out a hotel room of my stuff. But get that it would be very embarrassing to call for dirty laundry

I drive to the grocery store. With a list. Buy my groceries. Drive home. Have not bought the most important thing in the list

Happen to you

Yes ... I cannot explain it!

Yes. Always having a bird because I can't locate my phone.
Similarly, I leave embarrassing items at people's houses by accident.
They fall out of my purse or pockets.
I collected my "smalls" and socks in a grocery bag to wash and left it behind in the closet of the b&b where I was staying. I'm trying to work up the nerve to call and see if I can pick them up. Maybe she tossed them. She hasn't called me. This kind of thing happens too often:oops:
Happened to you?
Not exactly but I think I left underwear behind when I housesat somewhere once. And a condom wrapper I could not find anywhere when I pulled the whole bed apart. (I was in a significant dating relationship but we were not living together yet in case anyone wonders.) it was a good friend’s house and she had no problem with me having a guest, with treating it like home. Yet I couldn’t bring myself to say anything and it was never brought up. Well, that was embarrassing. Therefore, I’d rather move along...I’m not even going to ask if that ever happened to anyone else. Lol.

Have you ever gone looking for your sunglasses then realized they’re on top of your head?

Back