So, what are you listening to these days?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Agnostic pan(en)theist gorilla
I have talked about Canadian power metal band Unleash the Archers in cover songs, but they are primarily known for a string of pretty solid heavy metal albums, many of them concept albums to some degree. While they have had some lineup changes over the years (especially in the bass role), the one constant is lead singer Brittany Slayes (real name Brittany Hayes) of Victoria, BC.

Enough talk. Let's rock.

Metal music will never tire of Mad Max, some of the most metal movies out there.

And from a decade ago, a track from their first album.

Mendalla

Singer-songwriter Kina Grannis has had a rough few years. An arrest in Indonesia, a struggle with infertility, a miscarriage. But this week she put it all behind her, dropping a long-gestating new album as she awaits, speaking of gestation, the imminent birth of her first child. She even put a "bump shot" on the cover of the album. This single from the new album came out a couple weeks ago.

And this one came out earlier.

Mendalla

And from indie singer-songwriters to one of the biggest stars of the past decade or two, Adele released the first single from her next album today. And it's ... Adele. Not my favorite of her works, not my least favorite, but it is quite clearly, definitely her sound.

Mendalla

And the Grammy-winning collaboration of rock vocalist Robert Plant and country-bluegrass singer Alison Krauss came back together, 14 years after their first album.

Mendalla

Back to Kina. This was one of the first songs released from what became the new album. Album title is "It's Hard to be Human".

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic, Pronouns: She/her
Oh, I will have to have the Plant/Krauss EP. And I see that T-Bone Burnett has produced this one, as well, so it's sure to be excellent! Raising Sand is one of my favourite CDs ever.