Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

The entire concept of drive in theatres and food outlets took me by surprise when I arrived in Canada. I had, until then, lived in a culture that wasn't dominated by cars. When I attended a drive in movie I was underwhelmed. Sitting for hours in a car wasn't my idea of comfort. Add to that the attacking mosquitos and the experience had little to recommend it. Eating in a car is equally unappealing to me.
It's pretty rare we would sit in the car to eat. Both places had picnic tables and a really nice area to walk around at the ice cream place.
I have viewed fireworks from a vehicle. A big point of that was to avoid the mosquitoes!

I worked in theaters all though high school. The people owned the drive- in so I offered to

work if they were short staffed. Quit that when I opened the corn drawer in the popcorn

maker and a mouse sat looking at me. eek! eek! yuck.

There is still a drive in theater within a 2 hour drive from here. My 2 boys have been but not me.
As a child and then young adult we went to drive ins. Remember when they changed from speakers to tuning in on your radio?

Back