Random acts of music

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

And a more traditional piece, her cover of the song that pretty much launched Bossa Nova and is high on my "perfect songs" list. While it's an abbreviated version, Elise nails it vocally. Her voice is perfect for this material.

This is an interesting band I accidentally came across. It’s possible @Mendalla has already posted something from them.

And in case you were thinking Elise Trouw only does loops, here she is live in a trio from a couple years ago. Yep, her main instrument is the drum kit so she's that rarity, a drummer who sings (Phil Collins, of course, is the best known example but he's given up drumming due to health issues).

How about this random act of music? Young man playing his instruments at 7 am outside, to protest early morning construction. Good for him. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: He reminds me of young Keanu Reeves. This was over a year ago. I found it looking for loud noise recordings that might scare away wild animals in the backyard. I read about cougars in the area, and I woke up to some loud noise and don’t know what it was (raccoons I hope).

Pentatonix: Let's do "Can you feel the love tonight?" from The Lion King.

Management: But everyone is doing that with the new movie out. It's overdone. You'll get lost in the pack.

Pentatonix: Hold our beers.

Damn, they hit that one so far out of the park, it's in orbit. Chills went up my spine when Kirstie and Mitch kicked in.

Discovered this song through a Choir!Choir!Choir! cover but I love the original.

Trivia: Lewis Capaldi is a cousin of Scottish actor Peter Capaldi, mostly recently known as the 12th incarnation of The Doctor on Doctor Who.

I see that Cheryl Crowe has a new album out called Threads ... adding to the fabrication of the Buzz!

Some people do not believe in creation, creativity or abstract cognizance as something dissociated from reality! Potentially absolutely off-base in the great Ba'aL Gamma ... dark spheres of unknown!

But if looking at reality from the utopian sense of dissociation ... would reality seen insanely departed from Pragmatic balancing of the integration mode ... in a node all of its own?

It is all in the word(s) and how they are projected and some neuroscience authorities reject projection!

How can one reject something that is so dark and formless a mystery that it flows about the burning examples of plasmatic existence.

There may be enlightenment in those darker scripts ... as if legend! In the chaos what would the little folk do while labouring lugubriously ... forming Luddite dreams as common illustrations of tilt of the balance ... time an tides of downers?

Sing me a sad song about humanity that declares itself humanitarian ... by MS conception ... cosmological abortion? That'd be tremendous fallacy ... regarding bad intelligence and soured NU's ... root of paranoia until I know's the larger portion intimately ... thus getting into the large spread from the spot we're presently in ...

Understanding a huge heap of word may be prerequisite to going on ... magically contriving cognizance ... a poorly understood expression!

Why are tyrants insistent on illiteracy within the lesser troopers? Thus efficiency in cutbacks ... and reduced apostolic vis a' vis as El Vis ... make what you will of it and see how it comes out the end ... chimeric wiggles?

Last edited:
Between the Elton John biopic Rocketman and the remake of The Lion King, the music of Sir Elton John has been front and center this summer. And it is well-deserved. Elton and his lyricist Bernie Taupin rank as one of the greatest songwriting teams of the modern era.

Here's The Hound + The Fox with one of their classics.

Haven't posted any Postmodern Jukebox in a while. Love this James Brown-esque soul cover of U2's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

Robyn Adele Anderson has appeared with PMJ in the past and has her own channel with a similar style and approach. Here, she turns a Green Day tune from the 90s into 1950s rock'n'roll.

I knew this was out but a busy August caused it to slip my mind. New Walk Off the Earth and it's vintage WOTE. Terrific song.

And the marvellous violinist-dancer Lindsay Stirling is back at it. Seems to channeling Danaerys from Game of Thrones here, minus the dragons.

And two of the hottest pop stars going at the moment team up for a sultry, Latin pop duet. I don't follow the charts that closely but the current trend towards Latin rhythms and styles in top 40 pop has caught my interest, with these two being part of that trend.

One can see why rumours about these two being an item abound. There's definitely some chemistry there.

There's always room for another "Hallelujah", isn't there? This is Gungor, the collective of Michael and Lisa Gungor.

Back