Ordained Ministry at UCCan

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Why do I get an image of Ethiopians up against tanks? Diminished Shadow of the past ... from the lands of Kush ... Old Salts as well!

Transit to & from the main cities is relatively easy -- train, plane, bus. Highways are good, though driving in toronto on highway is painful in that is busy, and there are slowdowns regularly.

Transit to & from the main cities is relatively easy -- train, plane, bus. Highways are good, though driving in toronto on highway is painful in that is busy, and there are slowdowns regularly.

In our experience, that depends greatly on time of travel Pinga. During rush hour, yes.

main-qimg-9e9197410b02943e111849b8d66f2002-c

n our experience, that depends greatly on time of travel Pinga. During rush hour, yes.

My experience in recent years is that rush hour on 401 means any time between about 7am and 8pm on weekdays. The last time I drove through the GTA with no traffic issues was on a Sunday morning.

Sunday morning is def the best - but it has to be EARLY. Crazy how many cars & trucks are on our 400 series highways at all hours now.

My experience in recent years is that rush hour on 401 means any time between about 7am and 8pm on weekdays. The last time I drove through the GTA with no traffic issues was on a Sunday morning.

Okay. We've had different experiences then. :D
--
To answer my own question from earlier on, it seems that the UCCanada does have some English congregations in Montreal - Union United, St. Lambert United, Trinity United, St. James United, perhaps others.

Yes, agreed. It is not great at any time of the day or week.

GiancarloZ said:
Thanks for your answers and considerations, @revjohn!

You are very welcome.

GiancarloZ said:
I currently work as a Headhunter and the company for which I work has close ties with the big recruitment companies, so it'd be easier for me to find a job in a big city actually. The same for my wife, she's from Montreal and it'd be easier for her to get a job there, where she already has friends and a network, or in Ottawa where she has the other half of her family. BTW, is someone here from Montreal or Ottawa?

I am not sure if we have anyone in Wondercafe2 from the Montreal/Ottawa area. RevMatt who was in the initial WonderCafe.ca lives in the Ottawa area.

GiancarloZ said:
I'm aware the weather in Canada isn't the best, but in the place we currently live, in South Brazil, temperatures can go down -5 C in the winter (I know, I know) BUT WE DON'T HAVE HEATING. You need portable heaters at home, which suck, and the malls and the offices and the restaurants and all the other places you go are not prepared so I'm used to being cold :)

Fair enough. Ottawa in February will redefine cold for you.

I wonder what happened to that letter he wrote to everyone in the UCCan, complaining about my posts at the old site? That would be awesome to have.

Back