• Mendalla will be doing an update to the Xenforo software on Sunday morning, December 6. There should be minimal downtime, but best to be off the site between 8:30 and 9:30am EST on that morning.

Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
My thought as well. @Northwind and @BetteTheRed are mods and part of the conversation so they can move the discussion as they see fit, but it does seem to be moving out of the realm of COVID-19, eh.

My apologies. I won't be commenting further. If someone wants to move them I'm fine with that. I'll leave that to someone else today.

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
I bet you had trouble getting answers right...
And I will wager that you got them all correct ... your social credit score is secured.
I knew what the 'right answers' were ... I deliberately answered them 'wrong' ... The 'tracing ap?' kept trying to 're-educate me' giving me many chances to upgrade my status if I would just go back and answer the questions correctly ... and the sources for the benefit of my further education... :LOL:

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
Only people in good health can rely on homeopathy because it doesn't do anything.
So people in good health can rely on vaccinations but not homeopathy?
  • Immunization: Conventional medicine uses a tiny amount of a pathogen, introducing it into our bodies to provoke an immune reaction. Homeopathy introduces a tiny amount of a substance into the body to provoke a response from it.

• Immunotherapy: It’s pretty common for someone with a lot of allergies to get “allergy shots.” In this type of therapy, tiny amounts of allergens are injected into the body to help increase tolerance to the allergen and reduce allergic symptoms. Researchers are now using sublingual (under-the-tongue) immunotherapy. Homeopathy works the same way—tiny amounts of a substance help increase tolerance to it.

• Nanotherapy: Scientists are exploring how to use ultra-tiny molecules to provide medicine at a cellular level. Homeopathy uses extremely tiny amounts of substances to provide the body with what it needs.

Yes, there are scenarios when homeopathy doesn’t work.

For instance, a practitioner may give the wrong remedy or the wrong dilution, and the remedy doesn’t seem to work.

Same scenario with prescription ... sometimes a drug doesn’t work for that specific person or the dosage needs to be adjusted.

Its also possible that homeopathy can be used incorrectly and rendered useless due to outlying factors.

Same goes for vaccines ... no clean water ... no good food ... no clean air ... no adequate shelter ... compromised immune system ... vaccines should only be relyed upon for healthy people?

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
They're not disappearing. They are moving to appropriate threads.

There's a subset of the admin/mod team that is into keeping things within the bounds of the OP of a thread. I'm not one of them, and appear to be one of the worst offenders for following posters down rabbit holes, so I'll say no more. If you keep within a topic, it does help to find what you're interested in talking about.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
If you keep within a topic, it does help to find what you're interested in talking about.

This. There is nothing more irritating than finding a discussion I am quite interested going down rabbit holes that I have no interest in, forcing me to leave that discussion.

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
It looks like lockdown works - much better than I know how to post images, lol!
I think that Nova Scotia is the best example for it. We had early restrictions and daily warnings, closed borders and the main outbreak was in our largest nursing home ( which is a shame, but that’s another story).
Then they mandated all students from other provinces to take a test plus isolate for 14 days, with consequences of $1000 fine and even one person was expelled. The students are still behaving very much like kids and I know of quite a few older people who just avoid the university town, because they keep walking around in flocks, not wearing masks and not keeping distance. A friend, who had three students as tenants made it very clear to one of them who just wanted her boyfriend from Ontario to come for a long weekend, that that is not an option.

From what I heard through the grapevine, the outbreak in NB in a nursing home was caused by one personal who went to Mexico on vacation and didn’t quarantine on return. I wouldn’t think that was possible, but I guess if that person didn’t tell anybody where they were going. So it also takes social control from coworkers who need to point that out. And if that was really the case, I imagine it will have consequences for that person.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
If info and data goes down a rabbit hole and there are those disinterested ... thus it remains subtle!

Sometime it may appear nebulous as a partisan spinoff ... in prejudice; without all available data ... you can't see through ET!

Expect disconnects by those preferring autonomous existentialism ... stand alones?

Lastpointe

Reaction score
The EU has banned Canadians fritravel due to our poor Covid response

now, oddly the EU is having a huge uptick, we are starting too. It it does feel a bit like Pot and Kettle

however, we feel smug compared to the disaster in the USA. But we aren’t doing very good

on a personal note, we assess the Florida situation all the time because we usually winter there

florida 16,000 deaths. ontario 3000. ( approximately).

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
It looks like lockdown works - much better than I know how to post images, lol!
Discounting all the people who have lost everything as necessary collateral damage in favor of 1 case of ? ... I fail to see that as 'works', crying out loud!

Reaction score
My mom's sense of humour pulls through. She sent around a photo of herself for a job she's doing - wearing mask and full visor covering her whole face. She's slightly cross eyed in it ( not on purpose and not normally - is looking down or something) with her heavy rimmed big glasses on. It's hilarious. Out of respect I will not post it. Also, it might go viral if I put it online. It's a perfect meme photo. I don't think she'd like that.

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
If you keep within a topic, it does help to find what you're interested in talking about.
It is incumbent on all of us to examine the bigger picture and assess the significant harms being inflicted on our society in the pursuit of a very narrow concept of ‘health’. But not in this thread?

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
It is incumbent on all of us to examine the bigger picture and assess the significant harms being inflicted on our society in the pursuit of a very narrow concept of ‘health’. But not in this thread?

Maybe you could start a thread on that particular topic