My Family Expands

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Well, then, you haven't known many people. I've had single friends who have been using dating sites. I have suggested wording.

Based on the rather vast chasm you've drawn between your thread title ("expanding family") and the reality (my mom is dogsitting my sister's small familiar dog for a week), you'd be quite the master at converting "unambitious, slovenly, poor cook, bad temper" to something that might attract a date.

My daughter and I dogsit a friend/neighbour's two large, purebred, difficult-as-hell Collies (one is blind, the other is so easily spooked that walking becomes an adventure) at least monthly. I never feel compelled to start a thread about it, nor exaggerate its importance in my life.

Well, then, you haven't known many people. I've had single friends who have been using dating sites. I have suggested wording.

Based on the rather vast chasm you've drawn between your thread title ("expanding family") and the reality (my mom is dogsitting my sister's small familiar dog for a week), you'd be quite the master at converting "unambitious, slovenly, poor cook, bad temper" to something that might attract a date.

My daughter and I dogsit a friend/neighbour's two large, purebred, difficult-as-hell Collies (one is blind, the other is so easily spooked that walking becomes an adventure) at least monthly. I never feel compelled to start a thread about it, nor exaggerate its importance in my life.

It was @Tabitha who suggested that my mom alone is dogsitting. That, however, is untrue. My whole family that I live with is participating in the effort.

and what particular duties are you taking on Jae? Are you walking the dog daily? Scooping poop in the backyard or just cheering on others?

and what particular duties are you taking on Jae? Are you walking the dog daily? Scooping poop in the backyard or just cheering on others?

Mom and Yobo are feeding her. Mom, middle son, and I are walking her (yes, and scooping her poop). That okay by you Tabitha? :D

Just curious Jae. 3 of you are walking-is that t3 walks a day for the beloved pooch?

My beagle usually got a minimum of two as did the dog (not sure of the breed, may have been a mutt) we used to dogsit for a couple from the church who lived around the corner from us. So three isn't excessive.

Reactions: Jae
She actually gets four - morning, noon, late afternoon, and night.

Ours got let out in the yard first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Walks were midday and after dinner, IIRC. Save during the summer when we were off school, then the walk schedule varied a bit more and he got more time out in the yard.

Ours got let out in the yard first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Walks were midday and after dinner, IIRC. Save during the summer when we were off school, then the walk schedule varied a bit more and he got more time out in the yard.

The last dog my family had was unwalkable. Oh, we tried a few times, mostly Dr. Rae and myself, but we were significantly not successful. All that dog really ever got was time out in the backyard - and on the streets the many times he escaped out the front door!

Last edited:
Just curious Jae. 3 of you are walking-is that t3 walks a day for the beloved pooch?

Okay, make that 2 of us are taking turns walking Lulu. My mom shared with me today that she finds walking the dog too difficult for her - that the dog is too powerful. So I have decided to release my mom from any more walking duty.

20170328_165638.jpg

index.php

Jae posting at his computer

index.php

Jae posting at his computer

Dogma T -ism as it crosses before our I'z! Some can't see it as metaphorical of dogs running our lives.

They probably see us different according to some trainers and dog psychologists ... animalistic psyches?

hen some say dog sol is non existent in our lives ... passive awareness looking at us from an outside perspective ... separate from human's better than thou demiurges ...

Double vision is said to give depth perception ... and we couldn't have that ... the common people could then see through the god qualities befalling psychopaths ...

Is god psychopath? In thought would that too be out of question ... and cause poor education as priorly intended for indoctrination so that no one would know anything ...

So far a lot has been accomplished in this dilution of psyche Prin. ... malignant as a growing dark cesspool ... in the end we'll have the whole assembly kilt off ...

Nothing left but the collective rye sol ... ecclesiastic time ...

How is the dog adjusting? Sounds like you are all doing a great job in the care department. My dog goes nuts when I'm not around, even when everyone else follows her routine to the t. She just misses me.

How is the dog adjusting? Sounds like you are all doing a great job in the care department. My dog goes nuts when I'm not around, even when everyone else follows her routine to the t. She just misses me.

She's just beginning to adjust Nancy, we think. We're not usual dogsitters. :D

We've noticed she seems more relaxed now - less barking - and she's become more playful. At first she didn't go near her toys. Yesterday and today she's been playing with them.

I'm not familiar with the sort of dog that stops and allows itself to be photographed, but she's a cutie!

My Lucy gets two walks most days - a serious long fast walk with a long-legged friend at 7 a.m. Mon to Friday, and another one with me, later, and with other dogs, perhaps, and more sniffing. Then on the weekend, we often go on little expeditions around the county, particularly on the old rail trail, that require water bottles and snacks.

And once summer gets here, we periodically get up at 6 a.m. and go for a stick-throwing session in the lake, before anyone's around to be bothered.

Back