Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Soup is such a broad class of dishes, though. From chunky soups loaded with meat and vegetables to smooth, creamy bisques and chowders to noodle soups like the above mentioned pho and so much more. I appreciate many (maybe not all) of them.
and i reaLly cAn't STand most kinds
 
LAST

The heron was in soup mode last night. We had a leg of lamb for Sunday dinner with the kids, then I stripped the bones last night, made a Shepherd's pie, and dumped the bones, leftover gravy, seasoning veg and herbs, and made a lovely stock for a Moroccan lamb soup, then I roasted half of the marrow bones I acquired this week (have found a new Italian butcher shop in the south end) and left them in the Instant Pot overnight (4 hours hi, then depressurized and cooked on low for another 7 hour) for a perfect bone broth. Very rich, and I have a beautiful chunk of rendered beef fat to freeze for roasted potatoes, etc.
 
Back
Top