Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

The scenery in my part of the world is pretty; glacial lakes, only a few miles south of the Canadian Shield, only a few hours away from all of the great lakes; couldn't base a TV show around it...

The scenery in my part of the world is pretty; glacial lakes, only a few miles south of the Canadian Shield, only a few hours away from all of the great lakes; couldn't base a TV show around it...
I'm sure someone could create a show around it

From here i see a glen ... a hole in the land that attracts its own crew! Valley Girls? Pseudo psyche ...

Then in the background those that are over the hill like that personality in One Flew Over ...

In an instant he too was gone ... demons ... they gather somewhere unseen to bug us ... like Carob Beetles! Thus we loosen up ... fear is of the essence ... face it!

So a very, very informal poll (because I’m curious)...which song/style was your favourite and/or which do you think I should pursue more...
Day 1: chant (Frivolity)
Day 2-A: list song (Life is a Comedy)
Day 2-B: list song (I Breathe...)
Day 3: stream of consciousness (Wings)
Day 4: ballad (Bert Richardson)
Day 5: loop song (Treasure)
Day 6: lullaby
Day 7: hook song (Cuddling in your arms)
Day 8: story song (Legend of Haunted Lakes)
Day 9: spoken word (Just Show Up)
Day 10: round (Treasure)

We live about 200 m from the Ottawa River between Ottawa and Montreal. The fall colours were awesome, as beautiful as anything we saw when we lived in Halifax. The Laurentians across the river serve well as a substitute for the Rockies which we saw from time to time when we lived in Calgary. There are probably lakes near here but have not found any yet. Not as pretty as when we lived in Deep River with three great beaches in town, several across the river on the Quebec side, and others in the area. The Kawartha Lakes close to Bette are incredibly beautiful.

We live about 200 m from the Ottawa River between Ottawa and Montreal. The fall colours were awesome, as beautiful as anything we saw when we lived in Halifax. The Laurentians across the river serve well as a substitute for the Rockies which we saw from time to time when we lived in Calgary. There are probably lakes near here but have not found any yet. Not as pretty as when we lived in Deep River with three great beaches in town, several across the river on the Quebec side, and others in the area. The Kawartha Lakes close to Bette are incredibly beautiful.
Sounds like a lovely place

THe Ottawa Valley (or just the Valley) is a beautiful area. Deep River is on the eastern edge of Algonquin Provincial Part in a narrow part of the valley. The river is close to a mile wide there and has a deepest spot of over 200 feet deep. Both sides are mostly forested with very little land suitable for farming. The major rivers feeding into the Ottawa River at least as far as Ottawa are considered to be part of the Valley. Deep River had occasional to frequent visits by bears, moose, wolves, and cougars while deer, foxes and other animals lived in town. Wolves killed a deer last winter about a block from the Post Office.

The lower part of the valley is fairly flat to the west with farms covering a large part of the land. The Quebec side of the Ottawa River is mostly quickly up into the Laurentian Mountains, going higher as one drives north and east. The river at Hawkesbury is relatively narrow, well under a mile across but is wider up and downstream from here. I have lived in many parts of Canada, mostly Alberta with the Calgary, North Peace, St. Paul, Edmonton, and Wainwiright areas being where I lived the longest along with Hudson Bay and Elrose Saskatchewan. The farm where I lived a few years as a kid east of Red Deer and St. Paul were the only places that really felt like home until we moved two years ago to the Valley.

THe Ottawa Valley (or just the Valley) is a beautiful area. Deep River is on the eastern edge of Algonquin Provincial Part in a narrow part of the valley. The river is close to a mile wide there and has a deepest spot of over 200 feet deep. Both sides are mostly forested with very little land suitable for farming. The major rivers feeding into the Ottawa River at least as far as Ottawa are considered to be part of the Valley. Deep River had occasional to frequent visits by bears, moose, wolves, and cougars while deer, foxes and other animals lived in town. Wolves killed a deer last winter about a block from the Post Office.

The lower part of the valley is fairly flat to the west with farms covering a large part of the land. The Quebec side of the Ottawa River is mostly quickly up into the Laurentian Mountains, going higher as one drives north and east. The river at Hawkesbury is relatively narrow, well under a mile across but is wider up and downstream from here. I have lived in many parts of Canada, mostly Alberta with the Calgary, North Peace, St. Paul, Edmonton, and Wainwiright areas being where I lived the longest along with Hudson Bay and Elrose Saskatchewan. The farm where I lived a few years as a kid east of Red Deer and St. Paul were the only places that really felt like home until we moved two years ago to the Valley.
From south to north and in between! St. Paul area is lovely too. I'm originally from Crossfield, though most relatives are in the Calgary or Medicine Hat areas...I've .lived here 42 yrs.

Back