Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

We had about 15 degrees yesterday and visited the zoo and the aquarium. Crocuses are in full bloom and snow drops as well, tulips are fifteen cm out of the ground. It is NOT normal, not for Berlin Germany, but it seems to become the new normal. Will be hard to get used to NS weather. Today shopping for gifts to take back. Already have 3 kg of chocolate and today getting nice hand creme and bath salts ( friend that tends to react to Canadian bath salts have no problem with the cheapest brand of German bath salts.) Also- much better quality of socks.
When do you return Mrs.A? Sounds like some lovely gifts you've chosen. Is mum doing well with her Rehab?

Looking at cookbooks from 1969 that I don't think mom ever even looked at
My mom had her favourite cookbooks - as we do today also. Sometimes they get collected ... not used. Sometimes pesky kids refuse to eat anything new ... so moms retreat to reading & dreaming of culinary adventures :)

Winter weather in Feb. is the norm for many parts of Canada.
Here however it is +6 in the Valley and was -6 last night skiing up the (rather small) mountain.
A raven flew across the trail during my ski. Great snow up top- over a metre natural base- a just a scattering of small piles in the valley floor

My mom had her favourite cookbooks - as we do today also. Sometimes they get collected ... not used. Sometimes pesky kids refuse to eat anything new ... so moms retreat to reading & dreaming of culinary adventures :)
Mom's recipes were either in a binder or a Comany's Coming book...we have loads of cookbooks that were gifts that I know she looked at and tried at least one recipe

Ugh, I'm freezing and can't get warm even with my hat on and my quilt over me. I've been hit with a plague. :( Hopefully the flu shot I got last month is fighting the demon germs. I go for bloodwork tomorrow. I'm hoping my neutrophils have risen to the proper level so my immune system can do its thing.

Get better soon, Northwind. Hoping for good results from tests.

I had a good session with my Tuesday Night Progressive Christianity group with the new series from LTQ - a review of Marcus Borg's work called "Beyond Belief". It's a bit more religious-y than the Eco-theology series we've just worked through. Sparked some good discussion.

Damn, my foot hurts. I think I'm going to have to try to fit a visit to an after hours clinic into my week, or maybe the Nurse-Practitioner. I have a small abcess on my foot (stood on a finishing nail from a loose quarter-round a couple of months ago). I've been soaking it, and medicating it, and bandaging it, and I think it's just a little too deep for my ministrations. The red isn't spreading, so it's not dangerous, but damn, just don't need another thing to do. And I suspect that whatever a nurse might do is going to make it hurt a great deal more for a short period of time, and I don't have time for that, either... s**t.

When do you return Mrs.A? Sounds like some lovely gifts you've chosen. Is mum doing well with her Rehab?
Returning on the 27 th. Mom will be in Rehab until the 25 th- at least. They have been under quarantine all along, so she was stuck in her room at first until they removed the lady who was put in that three bedroom despite her being admitted with diarrhea and weight loss, now she can go out when she dresses up with mask, gown and gloves. She has no symptoms, but her remaining roommate might. I will he staying with her those two days, home are doing the care, and when I leave, her live in caregiver will arrive.
Today, Junior will be out with his cousins and aunt and uncle ( I think he needed a motherless day), I will be going shpping again for bath salts, which are somehow much better here and my friend who reacts to everything available in Canada, can enjoy the German ones. Tomorrow we will be doing the last sightseeing to attractions , then say good bye to grandma in one corner of Berlin and then meet the other grandma in the other side of Berlin ( ex- grandma, but she keeps contact by sending us chocolate for Christmas and Easter). She hasn’t heard a thing from her son, my ex, in two years, so she is all excited to see grandson. Communication will be difficult, as she only speaks german. Junior will return on Friday.

Everybody should be better to offset fallout ... bottomline receipts! The little people note and notice notorious behaviour ... thus antibodies!

There are bodies of humanity that would counter such couplings ... thus dis ease! The unravelable myth of human relativity ... improper alchemii?

Expect disconnects in people that didn't wish to know anything little more everything as God Integral ... it adds up ... can you imagine non integral folks in politix? Emotions scatter thoughts and intelligence ... with loss of integrity ... but masques may appear for appearance sake --- Dante on his image of beauty of truth; Be A' trice? Writ is like that ... often off line from the means ...

Existence is loaded with strangers for curiosity and increased interest!

Last edited:
starting to defrost the basement fridge...then (sometime on the weekend?) I can defrost the frost-free (but it isn't ever) upright freezer and see if I still need it

LAST, as the foot spends a LAST 15 minutes in epsom salts...still trying. Had a meeting tonight. Minutes and e-mails now required. Tired...

Moving experiences are enthralling ... if you've become entrenched in the still and practically dead to communications ...

That's the word! Beyond that ... the vast unknown as an idealism to raise interest ... in outlanders and outlandish concepts ...

More rocks to flip in celtic lands of blarney?

Back