Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
I did some work on a quilt that I've been working up the courage to make. I did quite a bit today then set it aside to finish a mask I'm making. All I need to do is topstitch the thing. The sewing machine didn't last and I'm taking a break. I suspect it's a simple issue that can be solved easily in the morning

BethAnne

Rebellious mystic from Alberta
I did some work on a quilt that I've been working up the courage to make. I did quite a bit today then set it aside to finish a mask I'm making. All I need to do is topstitch the thing. The sewing machine didn't last and I'm taking a break. I suspect it's a simple issue that can be solved easily in the morning
Hopefully it all works out for you

BethAnne

This year I decided to be lazy (aka smarter) and keep the layout for the greetings insert the same as last year - usually I would plug the greetings into the template as I got them verified, so the order would be different each year and for all intents and purposes, I would be recreating the whole 16-page insert every year - by using last year's (with minor tweaks for businesses that no longer exist), I'll really cut down on a lot of layout work and keep things simple and manageable for me. :)

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
This year I decided to be lazy (aka smarter) and keep the layout for the greetings insert the same as last year - usually I would plug the greetings into the template as I got them verified, so the order would be different each year and for all intents and purposes, I would be recreating the whole 16-page insert every year - by using last year's (with minor tweaks for businesses that no longer exist), I'll really cut down on a lot of layout work and keep things simple and manageable for me. :)
No harm in taking a shortcut or two to keep your work easier. I do it all the time. Leaves you more time to be LAST.

BethAnne

No harm in taking a shortcut or two to keep your work easier. I do it all the time. Leaves you more time to be LAST.
That is actually the way I typically operate in my life...can't believe it took me so long to do it in this particular area!

Luce NDs

When one lags latently ... allows time to look up at the rush 'ns! The "ns" may be totally different from the NG's!

No governing them whatsoever!

BethAnne

LAST after a quick trip downtown...now, do I get some work done or do I take a snow day?

BethAnne

The next project up my sleeve is investigating where I can get jigsaw puzzles made out of images of my paintings - Staples, Walmart, London Drugs, etc are all way too expensive

Carolla

wondering & wandering
The next project up my sleeve is investigating where I can get jigsaw puzzles made out of images of my paintings - Staples, Walmart, London Drugs, etc are all way too expensive
My mate had one done recently - it cost about $55 I think for 1000 pieces, approx 19" x 27". Happy with the quality of the print, but we haven't done the puzzle yet. He cropped the photo himself to the proportions of the puzzle - otherwise they would do it & may cut out parts you'd rather keep. The turnaround time was very quick - ordered online & apparently it was printed in Lithuania and dispatched to us from Latvia! So said the notice on a Monday, and by Thursday it was here! Took about 6 days from when he submitted the photo. It's from a fishing shed at Captain Dave's just outside of Twillingate, NL

P1030445 (2) sm.JPG

BethAnne

My mate had one done recently - it cost about $55 I think for 1000 pieces, approx 19" x 27". Happy with the quality of the print, but we haven't done the puzzle yet. He cropped the photo himself to the proportions of the puzzle - otherwise they would do it & may cut out parts you'd rather keep. The turnaround time was very quick - ordered online & apparently it was printed in Lithuania and dispatched to us from Latvia! So said the notice on a Monday, and by Thursday it was here! Took about 6 days from when he submitted the photo. It's from a fishing shed at Captain Dave's just outside of Twillingate, NL

View attachment 4394
Very cool! Thanks...I was actually looking for something less pricey so I could sell the puzzles.