Churchianity (Religion ) and True Christianity What Is The Difference ?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

"If any of you should ask me for an epitome of the Christian religion, I should say that it is one word - prayer. Live and die without prayer, and you will pray long enough when you get to hell" - Charles Spurgeon.

This is a great video -----this Jewish man turns to God ----no religion involved in him doing so just God and His word --------At the beginning he is explaining all the Jewish Religion Rituals ---dressing in black ----praying facing a certain way etc ----

WOW! This Jewish man turns to Jesus and explains why in a way you never heard before!

Sorry Wikipedia and all those other dictionary definitions calling Christianity a religion you are all wrong because I say so, well not me actually but unsafe does so there. Period.

Reactions: Jae
In the lights of eL would a person of pure wiles see how will led him astray on a straight line ... when heis hould have wobbled and weevil'd agn abit? Wisdom and knowledge is all about the desires ... in betwixt if you can gather ...

dreamerman ------your quote ---- Sorry Wikipedia and all those other dictionary definitions calling Christianity a religion you are all wrong because I say so, well not me actually but unsafe does so there. Period.

This is my View on your quote

I agree that many ---many ---many ---many----and most believe that Christianity is a Religion ------and that is Fine by me -----I don't really care--- but for me ----True Christ ---ianity -----is not a Religion it is accepting a Person who directs my life on a personal level not on what a Religious Domination tells me ----Most Dominations don't know who Christ is and what He accomplished for them on the cross themselves -----and that is a PERIOD PLUS -------

The Truth is for me personally ----I don't have to go into any Church building that preaches their Religious beliefs about Who God is ---All I have to do is Read His word and ask to have this Person who is Christ ----ianity into my life -------

Jesus Paid the Price for freedom ---it is a DONE DEAL- Period -----NO Religion or Church Required ---------Ask ---Seek ---Knock -----take the first letter of each word and----- what does it spell --------ASK---- I can Ask ----at home ----sitting on a grassy hill----swimming in a lake or ocean -----at a workplace ---in the car etc ----

We will all go before God The Person in the END------No Religion involved----

Period ... appears as a dot ... a spot without volume, or mass ... and thus anti gravid, light ... suggesting antigravity in small dark particles ... bo-suns? Confused or just burned out? Perhaps they need the assistance of an inner I ... or internalized vision ... some say imaginary if not into equity! They are scrambled as lines on the page ... so you have to non destructively unravel ... contrary to those using Iconoclasm and destroy old ideas that may come back to haunt you! Seems Ire responsive tomis ...

As people don't relate to much ...

dreamerman ------your quote ---- Sorry Wikipedia and all those other dictionary definitions calling Christianity a religion you are all wrong because I say so, well not me actually but unsafe does so there. Period.

This is my View on your quote

I agree that many ---many ---many ---many----and most believe that Christianity is a Religion ------and that is Fine by me -----I don't really care--- but for me ----True Christ ---ianity -----is not a Religion it is accepting a Person who directs my life on a personal level not on what a Religious Domination tells me ----Most Dominations don't know who Christ is and what He accomplished for them on the cross themselves -----and that is a PERIOD PLUS -------

The Truth is for me personally ----I don't have to go into any Church building that preaches their Religious beliefs about Who God is ---All I have to do is Read His word and ask to have this Person who is Christ ----ianity into my life -------

Jesus Paid the Price for freedom ---it is a DONE DEAL- Period -----NO Religion or Church Required ---------Ask ---Seek ---Knock -----take the first letter of each word and----- what does it spell --------ASK---- I can Ask ----at home ----sitting on a grassy hill----swimming in a lake or ocean -----at a workplace ---in the car etc ----

We will all go before God The Person in the END------No Religion involved----
Thank you unsafe for knowing who Christ is even if most denominations do not. As a student of a transdenominational postsecondary institution, I assure you that I will give due consideration to sharing with the others at the school to forsake their denominations and turn here to you for Christian guidance. Most especially, of course, I would be interested in reaching my coursemates. Before I do so, however, can you please tell me if any of these denominations are among the few that do truly seek to know Christ - Messianic Jewish, Seventh Day Adventist, Presbyterian, Alliance, Free Methodist, Pentecostal, Fellowship Baptist. Also, since I want to truly know Christ, how can I too become an Unsafian?

In de Light of Christ ... is something always abstract in the Shadow?

So it is writ ... that's de word on depths ...

Pr.Jae ----this is just my view -----and like you I am entitled to my view ---I don't follow any Religious Domination --and I am doing just Great in my life --I Love my life ---So for me I say don't change what is working --The Holy Spirit works for me ---

I gave what Christ ---ianity is for me ----what it is for you is your view -------My Hope is you will share God's word with your people ---You Have the Holy Spirit who is a Person and who will guide you in your Ministry -----In my view ---the way I believe and think ---there is no better Preacher than the Holy Spirit who dwells in you --------The Holy Spirit knows who will enter your church way before you do and will give the right words to Preach to your people -------No Religion can do that -----

I have said many times my belief is ------Worldly degrees ---high education ---is for this physical world only ----God has His own Education Spiritual system -----and we can grow and advance in His system just like you can in this world's education system -----the difference is ---Again in MY VIEW ----This Physical world came from it's parent ----The Spiritual -----when we die we go back to the Spiritual from this physical ---it is automatic -----Religion has nothing to do with that in my view -----Now while we are here in the physical we can work for the Spiritual and which side of the Spiritual you work from is up to us in our choice --

Teaching the difference in the 2 Education systems in my view is important and no Church that I ever attended teaches this stuff --- ---for example ----

World education ----you write an exam and if you pass you go forward to another grade -----you if don't pass you stay in the same grade ---no one provides a way around you getting to the next grade if you fail ---your on your own ---

God's education ----you are Tested and Tried ----if you pass the test then you are strengthened in your faith and character to endure and are ready for the next test or trial and God in His mercy never gives us more than we can bear and always provides a way out ----God's education is building strength in faith and character to endure life's situations ---while providing a way to escape when we feel we can't endure it ---

Worldly Laws ---break them and get caught reap the consequences ---Jail ---Fines etc

Spiritual Realm ---Sin brings spiritual consequences ----Spiritual detachment from God and His Kingdom until we accept His Son --

All is my personal view --

Reactions: Jae
You love your life??

Would you be as happy living someone else's life ... wait for the turnabout !!!!!! Could be reciprocation ...

What do you do, unsafe, about Jesus' instructions regarding community: "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."?

Question: "Is Christianity a religion or a relationship?"

Answer:
Religion is “the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.” In that respect, Christianity can be classified as a religion. However, practically speaking, Christianity has a key difference that separates it from other belief systems that are considered religions. That difference is relationship.

I understand that because of some going to a church that don't follow the belief in GODS Holy Spirit infilling. Don't follow or receive the infilling of GODS Holy Spirit to help us. It is another step than just believing. It is the one that put"s GOD with you . He in you and you with Him. We Christians are the one"s who have GOD as a part of our walk. In us an with us.

BetteTheRed ---your quote -----What do you do, unsafe, about Jesus' instructions regarding community: "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."?

What does that have to do with what this post is about ?---This post is about Human Religion and true Christianity ------not about how to deal with a brother who has sinned against you -----and coming to God in prayer for help -- and actually it is a powerful scripture and promise ----cause it says ---Note : Will be ----- that is a promise ------18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven -----

Matthew 18 NKJV

Dealing with a Sinning Brother

15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’[b]17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.
18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
19 “Again I say[c]to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

So, to you, unsafe, there is no need for an institution. It's each person and their bible for themself?

It seems to me that this contradicts both Jesus' words above (which were not completely and solely about correcting one's sibling, but evolved into some bigger principles, in my reading), and the model of the early Christian community. You'll find concerns, in both testaments, about what happens when people come to conclusions "solo". Because when you read by yourself, you read through your own lens. You have no other POV to bounce things off, so what you read tends to reinforce your prior conclusions.

@unsafe - what about this passage, "You should not ·stay away from [neglect; forsake] ·the church meetings [meeting together], as some are doing [C some were abandoning Christianity and returning to Judaism], but you should encourage each other [C to stay faithful to Christ and to other believers], and even more so as you see the day coming [C the day of the Lord, when Christ will return]" - Hebrews 10:25-27 (EXB)

So, to you, unsafe, there is no need for an institution. It's each person and their bible for themself?

It seems to me that this contradicts both Jesus' words above (which were not completely and solely about correcting one's sibling, but evolved into some bigger principles, in my reading), and the model of the early Christian community. You'll find concerns, in both testaments, about what happens when people come to conclusions "solo". Because when you read by yourself, you read through your own lens. You have no other POV to bounce things off, so what you read tends to reinforce your prior conclusions.
Well said Bette. Community is so vitally important. We humans seem hard-wired for it. We all need each other to learn from and grow. I'd offer that WC2 is evidence for that.

--Did you just say , your a believer in Reincarnation ?

In the abstract ... construe living your life with someone always telling you you're going to hell because of that someone's BS!

Many people who live simply cannot imagine anything but defeating the other people ... and desire is all they need, no Q'Luce allowed ...

And a question on interpretation: "What's a homosexual offender" one who offends homosexuals? Did you know that in Greek a hommoe was a common man that loved his neighbours? In Roman they preferred to hate the fringe people and take from them irrationally ... or with emotion without logos (logic tree).

The could be the reference to the arborist in the woodsman's museum of history of clear cutting anything that infringed on brute peoples territory ... everything should be flattened ... even thoughts popping into the imagination ... or abstract thought if you will! Wouldn't that be the devil interfering with blind desires?

Is blind love like a sightless wonder ... or just autonomous minds that work the heart lungs and gut when you sleep ...? If led by the autonomous soul ... would a person see things as true images or virtuous images? So many questions when a person is driven to know nothing ... on the impression they know God which as an emotional god is stunning to the senses!

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with community ------but don't need a community to know Jesus or be saved His word is needed -----that is my whole Point -----for instance-- A United Church community can give you encouragement and support in this world but they can't save you and they can't give you Personal Spiritual support and Spiritual Faith and Spiritual Blessings ------ only Jesus can do that through the Holy Spirit -----They can't answer prayers ---but Jesus can ----- They can't protect you from Satan but Jesus can ----No Religion or community needed to Become Born Again and be an adopted Child of the Most High God -------No religion needed to share in the promises of God -----The Holy Spirit is needed and no Community or Religion can give us that ------

I am not downing Human support in a Church or Community setting -----But they can't give you a personal relationship with God ---They can't make you a New Creation in Christ ----

Going to church won't make you Righteous ----but Righteous people go to Church -------to worship God

NO RELIGION ----can make you Righteous ---Period -------

No Community can make you Righteous -----but Righteous people can belong to and lend support to the community --------

Serving in the soup kitchen won't make you Righteous ---but Righteous people serve in the soup kitchen ---

We are called to serve but Serving without being Righteous -(-having The Holy Spirit )is serving our own fleshy desires ---not God ---

Accepting Christ---ianity which is a personal relationship with Christ can and does make you Righteous ------- and we Do Not Need to belong to any Religious Church or Community to have this Relationship -----This to me is True Christ---ianity --We can Accept Christ anytime anywhere that is what this post is about ----Jesus died and paid the price for us to FREELY ASK for Him to come into our lives and change us forever ----your Religion or your Religious Community be it whatever it is cannot bring you a personal relationship with Christ ----we have to do that on our own ----and for Me-- Accepting Christ and following His Book ----His Word is what True Christianity was meant to be ----You Can't Preach God's Word properly without The Holy Spirit ----and Not Many Preaching today have that -----They have Religion that tells them as long as they do good works they are Right With God ---False Docterine

This is just my personal view ----

Back