Atheists United

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Every Atheist is an individual - some join groups of like minded individuals and some don't - just like any other individuals do.

There is no one Atheist that has a claim on what another Atheist should or should not subscribe to.
 
Every Atheist is an individual - some join groups of like minded individuals and some don't - just like any other individuals do.

There is no one Atheist that has a claim on what another Atheist should or should not subscribe to.

More scattered and eclectic stuff starting to drift from the god particle like light searching out the shadow or the valley below ... adell?

These may cause reflection in strange identities ... growing curiosity? Psychotics or social phobia as sociopathic? They tell me many emperors were like that ...
 
Every Atheist is an individual - some join groups of like minded individuals and some don't - just like any other individuals do.

There is no one Atheist that has a claim on what another Atheist should or should not subscribe to.
I'm not telling other atheists what to do - I'm outright stating that atheist groups are barely a thing.

You bring forth a link to a Canadian atheist group, and it's somehow on me to point out it's a P.O. Box in BC, and the website Current Events only lists one event that happened in 2022, if it happened at all.

Do you want a do-over? Find another Canadian atheist group.

I had a similar debate about this over American atheist groups. Someone brought a link to one that had an office! But they didn't have their own parking spot. Or, that we could tell, a staff. Not even a Keurig.

I'm not saying it never happens that atheists gather. I'm not telling atheists not to gather. It's just such a rare occurrence and a weird thing to even do. I'm an atheist, but I don't describe myself as an atheist first. I'm a skier, ski racer and race coach. I'm an engineer. I'm a contractor. I'm a cyclist. I build model aircraft. I'm multiple things before I think about being an atheist.

I don't think Christians generally put their Christianity below their third hobby when they describe themselves. I'd wager they almost always list it higher.
 
Atheism isn't something you join. It's a point of view. You can be an atheist and not associate with any other atheists. Sure, there are atheist groups. Just like there are groups for objectivists, Stoics, various schools of theism, and so on. People with similar or the same point of view tend to associate. But an atheist is ultimately defined by holding an atheist point of view, not by membership in an organization.

Arguably, "Christian" is the same. You can believe in God, Jesus, salvation, and so on without actually joining a church. It's a point of view, not a membership.

And as chansen says, one's point of view is not even necessarily one's first point of definition. I would put parent, spouse, IT manager, and writer before I would trot out my "agnostic pantheist" label. It's just not relevant to a lot of ordinary life situations.
 
Atheism is a non secular thing that occurs in the processing mental facilities that lies opposite the emotional thing that is also non secular but opposed ... thus the probability of an non secular item exists as a dual ... albeit as diabolical! That has to be non natural or out of here in a supernatural underlying sector ... probably hypo and deeper than expected!

A vast subtlety to the large believing populace that expects it to be secular ... when it is not! It is likely to be at a great distance like a run-off god ...
 
And as chansen says, one's point of view is not even necessarily one's first point of definition. I would put parent, spouse, IT manager, and writer before I would trot out my "agnostic pantheist" label. It's just not relevant to a lot of ordinary life situations.
I may have forgotten "father" and "husband". My wife and children will not be surprised.
 
Labels either way are not relevant to a lot of ordinary life situations.
Exactly. They are part of our definition but unless we are some kind of activist or (in the case of theistic definition) clergy, they are likely not our primary definition.
 
Ordinary life situations ... lets us try and focus on that as life is hard to nail down and thus vaporous as well ...

Then the content of death is far more mysterious and thus keeps the secularists at a distance as alien things tend to be feared ...

All is left to the morticians ... Mortem for short! Some traditions say Mauve's ... perhaps that form is feminine or Ephraim ... an alternate word even!
 
Back
Top